Enhance needs 2h again

4 Likes

Its a balancing nightmare to make sure every melee class can use both dw and 2h effectively.

1 Like

Did you just suggest Enh be able to dual wield 2handers like fury?!

No.

I am saying that if Enhance gets to dw and use a 2h weapon, then every melee class will ask for the same. And there would be no grounds to deny them.

2h rogues. 2h dps DKs. etc.

And now all that additional balancing?

At some point its not worth it. Enhance is fine as a DW class.

It was a joke. Thought the gif gave it away.

I fail at conveying intent via text.

One thing I’ve learned on the forums is that no suggestion (enh the ability to DW 2handers like fury ) is so outrageous that someone wouldn’t offer it seriously.

My bad for ruining the joke :stuck_out_tongue:

I blame my lack of excessive punctuation and failure to use :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face: for painting the picture.

I will do better next time!

:wink:

It would take a complete and total re-design of the spec to make 2h work. Enhancement is extremely dependant on tons and tons of melee hits to perform properly. Removing a weapon and slowing down the remaining one massively cripples the spec.

There are enough reasons why dual wield and 2h cannot co-exist today, all of them extremely valid, and all of them outweigh the extremely small population of wistful people that want to 1 shot people with windfury weapon RNG.

Classic is launched soon, you can play 2h Enhancement then.

1 Like

from the looks of it, so is only using one version with several classes that had both

1 Like

uh
 there are 2h dps dks.

yeah, and the ones forced to 2H want to dw, while the dw’ing spec wants to use 2H again

added:
i DO NOT play frost on my dk; i’ve only played unholy from the time they were brought into the game, as i hate frost’s playstyle.

1 Like

Personally I miss tanking with unholy spec more than wanting dw for it. Unholy DK tanking was amazing in wrath.

1 Like

yes it was. i think that’s why i love unholy so much- it was from unholy tanking at the start.

I am clearly referring to the specs of DK that can’t use a 2h for dps.

Every dps class would then need to have a 2h’er and a dw option designed for them, which is a pain for any balancing.

[quote=“Rusash-bleeding-hollow, post:4, topic:199246”]
agility daggers were overwhelmingly the best weapon type due to the increased attack rate.
[/quote]It’s almost like Enhance has problems with MS generation consistency or something and daggers really helped with that. Easy fix would be to scale MS generation from white swings and WF proc rate to weapon speed/type. That way it wouldn’t matter what weapon is being used.

Well, the spec needs a redesign anyway, so
 No problems with that IMO.

TBH, I’d like Enh to go back to str as main stat like it was in vanilla, because it makes more sense for the class. They made the change because shaman can’t use plate like the other str classes and shared gear with hunters. Now that they’ve changed how stats on gear work, there’s no need for that.

That’s BS, though making a swap between 2 1h and 2h irrelevant would actually be the easiest way to address this.

Only frost DKs and shaman ever did both or swapped with real effectiveness.

Arms was always 2h, and fury was always DW, though I wouldn’t mind them bringing back 1h DW for fury with a buff to swing damage to compensate for the lower stats/dps. Rogues could never 2h anyway, and melee dps didn’t matter for hunters.

With survival as a melee spec now, it’d probably be worth balancing around for hunters, but that still leaves it at 3-4 specs to have balancing around multiple weapon types.

The main concern if they did allow both DW and 2h for everything (except classes that could never do both, like rogues), that could have used it is that single 2h would be lost, because DW white swing dps is higher, and the weapons don’t matter for ability damage anymore (which was the reason for certain specs/classes using them in the past).

The easy fix for that would be raising the swing dps on 2h weapons without touching ability damage to match the DPS of DW white swing dps (which they might have already done actually). That would remove any issues with swapping, and people could do what they want. They’d only maybe have to adjust fury a bit to compensate for them DW 2h weapons, and fix some abilities that are currently designed around dw to work with 2h weapons.

For shaman, it would just be a matter of adjusting the WF proc rate or damage and flametongue damage to scale with swing speed (flametongue scaled with swing speed prior to the rework, so this has been done before).

If they leave MS generation as is, they could change the proc rate on WF based on swing speed (IE: 25% at 2.6 speed = ~28.85% for 3.0 speed, or ~17.3% for 1.8 speed).
Flametongue is hitting on both weapons now, so they’d have to raise the damage/hit to ~191% for 2h shaman on white swings (but leave as is for ability/WF hits) for it to go unchanged as a % of DPS, factoring in the 17% white swing miss chance while DW), and then SS damage would need to be raised by 50% when using only a single weapon.
For MS generation, it could change from 5/swing to 11-12/swing with a 2h weapon to keep it about equal (no offhand hits and no miss chance on a slower swing speed).

Guess what? IN 2 MONTHS you can play 2H WF shaman.

no one asked u, monk.

1 Like

Enhance didn’t really swap with “real effectiveness”. It was a gimmick that wasn’t nearly as effective as people look back on.

My point is people will e-riot if only 1 or 2 specs in the game get to switch between using DW and 2Hers. “Why can’t we do that? Make it fair!”

Good thing Classic is what
1.12? Where WF had been nerfed multiple times from what people are referencing.

1 Like

It’s 1.13 and it still pretty much one shots. The only change that I’m aware of WF cant proc itself.

responded to the wrong troll, but i’ll be sure to pass this message along! =P