Enemy Player Nameplates not showing

When is this getting fixed?

That’s why I’m here. I can’t see friendly nameplates anymore.

I rely on that when tanking random dungeons on my leveling alts. I need to know who is where.

1 Like

I ran the SetCVar thingy to partially fix my missing nameplates.

I’ve noticed that some players standing right next to each other in town have nameplates, and some of them don’t have nameplates.

Idk what’s going on.

:dracthyr_shrug:

Yeah not logging in until this is fixed, bye blizzard!

2 Likes

you have to manually type /run SetCVar(“nameplatePlayerMaxDistance”, 60)

1 Like

It still does nothing.

So I was struggling with this all day today and it didn’t work until I typed it out, while in a BG around a ton of people. Didn’t work the first time but worked the 2nd and has been working ever since for me.

I hope that fixes the issue for you.

It worked!, thank you for specifying that it had to be manually typed, i was copying and pasting it with no results.

Still does nothing.

EDIT: After a quick Google search I found a YouTube video that has the ‘same’ script, except it’s not the same, the " " symbols are different which is why this one never works, and I don’t know why when I typed it out it also done nothing.

probably never

Just typed in the /run SetCVar(“nameplatePlayerMaxDistance”, 60) command manually and it worked. Copy and pasting did not.

I tried the CVar command a few times last night in a BG. Tried copy/pasting, typing manually, reloading UI after each. Nothing worked. However, Blizz has acknowledged this as a known issue. It took a little digging to find.

Blizzard Support - Nameplates Only Show when Target is Selected (battle.net)

When I looked at this page last night, it said there was no known fix or workaround. This morning it says that the issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch. So hopefully this is resolved soon.

2 Likes

This is completely unacceptable. Between literally not being able to turn the game on for like 2 weeks. The only thing I resubbed to do (bg) I CAN’T. I can’t see the enemies in the middle of fights at all. I hate this game :(. Makes me sad because it’s literally a pastime for me, like baseball to America. I want my money back for the last month so bad. :frowning:

1 Like

thank you for this. I don’t know what took them so long to say something.

1 Like

Wow I have this too, sort of makes pvp unplayable for a caster.

Need to patch this thing asap come on.

I have tried this and it unfortunately does nothing for me.

I found a temporary fix - Download and install the latest Plater add on for 10.1 . Run it once, then disable it, or uninstall it. Health bars will work.

:slight_smile:

Thank you! Manually typing it seems to work for me also.

I can only imagine that it’s because the forum replaces quotes with “smart” quotes? I’ll have to try to remember that.

I don’t like how it looks, but at least I am seeing plates again with plater.

Bizarre how with all the brouhaha about wanting fewer addons they made us get more.

There was just a small client update and my nameplates are back to pre-10.1 functionality. If you’ve been plagued by sus nameplate functioning, it may be resolved.

1 Like