Enemy Player Nameplates not showing

It’s been an issue since the update, No clue what’s going on. Every other nameplates in open world and BGs works, but NOT Enemy nameplates. PLEASE GOD fix this. I only came back to the game for PvP

2 Likes

Do friendly plates show up for you? Neither friendly or enemy player plates work for me.

2 Likes

You’re right, the friendly plates don’t show up either unless I am targeting. Jesus lol

2 Likes

Still not working for me

2 Likes

Same problem. Can a staff member give us some insight about what’s happening? PvP is unplayable it’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

Its hard to heal without being able to see nameplates :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

Seriously Blizzard, you all have to know about this issue and can’t even acknowledge it. At least let us know what is going on (intentional, a bug, work in progress, don’t care, low priority, scratching your heads). We pay to play and some have spent thousands of dollars in subscription fees over the years. Personally this is the only game I play and I only PvP which I can’t even do corrrectly since the patch went live.

9 Likes

I manually typed /run SetCVar(“nameplatePlayerMaxDistance”, 60) and it fixed it for me! hope this helps.

2 Likes

It doesn’t unfortunately. Like yes, I can see Enemy MOBS in the world, but not an actual Players Nameplate unless I target them. Super frustrating. Anyone have any addons they suggest for the nameplates to always display without having me target them since there is no fix?

1 Like

ugh! what a pain.

2 Likes

THE SCRIPT WORKS

originally, using /run SetCVar(“nameplateMaxDistance”, 60) did nothing for me

however once I changed the value from 60 back to 20, they popped up. Then I just set the value back to 60

hope this helps

1 Like

Still nothing happens when I do the commands. :confused:

1 Like

Even changing the values didnt work? Damn, I’m sorry. :frowning:

We shouldn’t even need a script for something that was working fine yesterday

3 Likes

Changing it back n forth a couple times worked for me. Thx

1 Like

Try manually typing it in. Copy/paste worked on Alt but for my hunter here I had to actually type it in by hand and it worked

2 Likes

I lied, it temporarily worked… back to broke and not working.

If you have CurseForge then, Just download Plater. That’s what I did for the time being.

1 Like

I just updated Plater. It wasnt available to update yesterday but is now and I have my nameplates back.

2 days in and this issue is still not fixed. This makes pvp and world pvp all but impossible. Blizz not even mentioning the issue is all the more frustrating.

I dont feel like I should have to use an addon or run script to fix the issue either…

1 Like

No luck, no change.