Enemy Player Nameplates not showing

String error on dump. Blank LUA error on run.

2 Likes

Piggybacking off of this, after exhausting all attempts, including a fresh reinstall of the game (The UI information seems to be stored on the Blizz servers)

I cannot get friendly player nameplates to show at all.

2 Likes

This worked for me, but I had to put it in more than once. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Doesnt work for everyone

3 Likes

Yea I can’t see friendly player or enemy player nameplates unless I have them targeted. “Always show nameplates” option is checked. Tried the Cvar command but it did nothing.

3 Likes

I am having the same issue.

2 Likes

Same exact issue for me too. Can only see nameplates of friend or enemy players if they are targeted. This is really annoying in battlegrounds. Please please fix soon.

2 Likes

While were at it. Can we fix the feign death hunter nameplate bug???

3 Likes

Same problem here

2 Likes

Same, enemy totems pets etc work fine. I have tried all the console stuff, a fresh reinstall, uninstalling addon platforms curse wago etc. it’s a base level blizzard UI problem. It’s on 2 different pcs. I can only see a enemy players health bar if I target them. This issue is in battle grounds and open world pvp. I tried a 2v2 skirmish and they seemed to work fine in there. I tried all these little fixes for 5 hours last night and had no success. It makes the only content I like to play horrible and unplayable. Blizzard please help

6 Likes

This bug is likely a result of them trying to fix that. That “fix” is in the notes. So whatever they did broke all player nameplates. Some NPC’s, too.

3 Likes

Also having an issue when you enter the console commands the game critical errors and crashes, so probably be careful with those

Bump

Same problem, can’t see nameplates of players unless I have them targeted, super annoying not being able to see health of enemies around me unless I target them

tried all the command fixes mentioned in the thread, nothing worked. PLEASE FIX

1 Like

Fixes haven’t worked for me either…

It’d be cool if the multi-million dollar company, who all of us pay our monthly fee to, would acknowledge they are aware of this bug and are doing what they can to fix it. (and if they have acknowledged it, I haven’t seen it, so apologies if it actually has been done)

Guess they’re ignoring it. That or it’s intentional?

Still no improvement on nameplates after second maintenance. Is there any word on if this is being worked on or if there is a workaround? The game is absolutely unplayable for me without nameplates. I can’t get any nameplates to work at all. No addons enabled, the nameplate controls just do not respond.

Currently there are a group of people spamming a “fix” that works for the minority of players so they’re busy pretending like this is a user error.

Temporary solution – run this script until Blizz fixes

/run SetCVar(“nameplatePlayerMaxDistance”, 60)

I have tried this fix, it does nothing

1 Like

Odd, seems to work for me :frowning: