END War Mode!

What made it dead? In legion you could go to just about any world quest and find fights, but the balance was the worst ever. Tanaan and daily quest areas in WoD were active. MoP was active all over. Even gurubashi arena still had players showing up for the chest.

almost all servers were heavily one sided.
It was pretty much dead.

2 Likes

Yup. And WM is Blizzard’s baby. Players asked for group/discount transfers, limits on attacking lower-level characters, even Warhammer’s turn-you-into-a-chicken.

1 Like

If we do not get a removal or different version of war mode in which forces player interaction the game will continue to die. Being out in the world able to be attacked and having to fight is what made a lot of the game fun. People just sit in the major cities now and do nothing.

All of the zones that have so much potential for amazing fights… are just void of any players at all. The only fighting going on is small stuff in Korthia.

BRING BACK PVP SERVERS. Or at least implement huge changes to war mode with seriously good rewards that make people venture out, NOT SIT IN ORBIOS DOING NOTHING.

1 Like

No.

If you want a game that forces people to PvP, go play one.

1 Like

That’s a player created problem. There’s nothing stopping people from getting out and doing wpvp. If they’re not doing that, then that’s their choice.

1 Like

Have you played world of warcraft? It’s been literally a forced pvp game like forever until warmode which was implemented in BFA…

I think the correct sentence is if you don’t want a game that forces people to pvp then go play one.

1 Like

I’ve played WoW since 2006 and it’s never forced people into pvp.

3 Likes

Are you gonna tell me you’ve never encountered the opposite faction back in vanilla/tbc when leveling through STV? Hellfire? Hillsbrad foothills?

Never been ganked by a high lvl in Ashenvale or Stonetalon Mountains?

That my friend is forced pvp

There were PVE servers if you didnt want to pvp. In fact the game warns you before you make a character on a PVP server. Yes it was hell being chased around by a max level but…it was also fun leading that max level into an ambush with my friends waiting

4 Likes

No, it has not. That’s why there were PvE and PvP servers at the start. If you rolled on a PvP server, you were agreeing to be attacked by the opposing faction whenever the ruleset permitted (hostile territory, neutral territory, flagged for PvP in friendly territory).

There were no limits on attacking other players: not level difference, not gear difference, not repeated killing over and over. Crossing the line into harassment of players or disrupting gameplay took a lot.

1 Like

Players who started playing with Warmode will never feel the rush of your leveling group running from one dungeon to another as a pack while avoiding random higher level players or other opposite faction roaming leveling packs.

TM vs SS had no rewards to offer other than fun and eventually blame the hunter for tagging the Wyvern Master to obtain a dishonorable kill penalty.

If you didn’t want to be exposed to PvP 100% of the time, you had the option to play on a PvE server but that option also had the ability to turn on PvP with a simple slash command.

I feel for Blizzard. There is no way that they could force players into a faction on a server and server imbalances were massive, this obstacle on top or dead pop servers kinda forced their hand to sharding/phasing/etc. I don’t think that they can ever get rid of Warmode now but WPvP will never be the same as it once was.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree. No one raids cities or towns anymore. I remember a guild I was in in Cata held the Org pvp room for an hour until we decided to dip.

That was so much fun, funneling horde through the small entrance and just spamming AOE slaying everyone.

My black war bear runs were amazing.

But I think they just buffed NPCs too much and like you say there isn’t much incentive.

If you rolled on a pvp server, that was your choice.

6 Likes

Not very often anyway. And when they do, the other faction typically doesn’t care enough to respond.

1 Like

Ah Emerald Dream. You survived so long as being so nearly balanced. =(

2 Likes

Kind of like how the game currently forces you to PVE to get to end level? You’re missing the point.

I honestly think having super good rewards in war mode on if it stays to get people into old zones to pvp for rewards would be super good for the game. You would see more people out in the world ready to fight, and to partake in warcraft, not carebearcraft sitting in orbios or raids or dungeons.

Don’t get me wrong… I love some pve too… but they have destroyed the pvp aspect of this game to those like you that are all about PVE and think pvp doesn’t matter. Its what makes WoW what it is.

2 Likes

WM is still the superior format, if your issue is people turning it on to do a quest then back off, then I’d say they can put a CD on turning it off. Once you turn it on, you can’t turn it off for X days.

Ghoulz with the hard truth.

2 Likes

World Mode ruined parts of wow that made everyone want to play since vanilla. That was that when you were in the world that you may never be safe. Some people did not like that so they could log onto a PVE server which was good for them. The main problem was that their friends were on a PVP and could not play with them. Well this isn’t a problem anymore due to the cross realms. Blizzard Please take out the warmode button and reset the server to what they were. It is what made wow awesome.

2 Likes