END War Mode!

I do think WM in a way killed the fantasy of faction war.
The thing is that they made the game very WM off dependant for you to be able to do chores. Like doing world bosses, Korthia, Maw very small places and too important for your character progression

4 Likes

LOL coming from a horde

Some of these ideas are great! Really want PvP servers back so the people im attacking arnt instantly hoping to different servers to escape

14 Likes

You mean “hopping”?

Fine, but make sure that there isn’t a major gear / numbers advantage before you you create scenarios that wind up with people getting gibbed upon zone entry or whatever.

1 Like

Yeah but if seal team 40 runs up on me and I need an addon to run away kind of defeats the purpose of warmode so im perfectly fine with dying. Plus it just rewards the people that can escape said raid and idk if people have ever done that consistently but its pretty great when you escape and two people are still chasing and then you kill them both.

7 Likes

WPvP is dead bc no one wants to get one shot while questing.

5 Likes

It’s there is no flying to be be able to get away at least in Korthia. (Which is probably too small a zone for that anyway)

And yeah, it’s a sad day if you don’t play a stealth class or whatever and are trying to gear up or whatever and you essentially have no choice but to simply get wrecked by 60k health solo players or the groups.

Sure it’s all part of warmode and PVP but everyone should have a shot / some incentive to be involved.

What’s really interesting is I cannot remember the last time someone attacked as an individual any toon of mine that they didn’t majorly outgear lol.

3 Likes

The whole gear equation needs to change. Its creating MASSIVE differences one in which you have zero chance to win. You get obliterated in one gcd. There is not getting good if you can never achieve a victory of any kind. BGS are even worse now than last patch. Blizz did nothing to address the horrible gaps in gear. Even with rival gear you are very inadequate vs higher levels and its killing pvp in general.

Now toss in wpvp… its dead as dead gets cause of all the issues. There needs to be some serious changes. I’m afraid its already too late and our voices are not heard, if not ever even in the past. The wow community has made such amazing recommendations and voice hey this would be way better… everyone says Wod/Mop pvp WAS BETTER and it was, yet our words fall upon deaf ears. These mindless gear grinds and tiers of gear and no chance to fight back… is only going to lead to people quitting. I took a week off from playing this last week due to work and other issues and the minute I get back and play some bgs or attempt wpvp… its god awful. Melted in one gcd by a rogue, one shot by a ret… its depressing.

I hope one day blizz finally sees its mistakes and starts to listen.

5 Likes

War Mode was suggested as something much bigger than what was implemented. Sometimes I feel like the character Sorrento from the movie Ready Player One is directing the development team. I’m imagining the scene of the movie where Sorrento is an intern for James Halliday and suggests a bunch of paid options for the game. Now Sorrento directs the WoW dev team.

Honestly, it’s no wonder a lot of the OGs at Blizzard have left, they’re different people, and it’s going to take a mindset change from the leadership on the development team for the game to become as captivating as it was during the first few expansions. The irony is in the proven fact we’ve all seen which is that you can make good profit from making a game on par with the amount of passionate development put into Burning Crusade and Wrath. We just need developers on Blizzard’s team who are provided the time and resources (financial and staffing-wise) they need to fully deliver for us the players.

If they can deliver for the customers then they will deliver even more to the shareholders. I can only imagine how much profit they’d generate releasing a Wrath/BC-grade expansion plus the profit from their current in-game paid options.

2 Likes

There are more people that actively engage in Pet Battles than WPVP.

Everything that Blizzard has introduced to address WPvP Issues (Phasing, Shards, Layering, Call to Arms, Against All Odds Quest, Warmode/Servers) has a direct connection to what decimated WPvP Communities.

4 Likes

AH BfA season 1 was big too. In 10 years is kind of a stretch lol.

4 Likes

People who didn’t played on ED don’t get it. WPvP was alive there. The community was all about it. It’s all we did. War Mode destroyed it. It basically destroyed the server overnight. Why? PvE servers existed. Why did PvP servers have to be destroyed? War Mode is a colossal failure. It’s dead.

7 Likes

No, WM is good, they just need to expand on it and give better incentives. They also need to just get rid of faction imbalance, converge both factions and make WM 50/50 by auto placing people on a side depending on balance.

4 Likes

Turning WPvP into something that people can “opt into” for special rewards is what killed it in the first place, dude. We didn’t need shiny promises from Blizz to PVP in the past. We just did it because it was fun and something to do. We actually enjoyed it, not just turning on some toggle for a weekly quest for 10 minutes on Tuesday. PvP servers worked because they attracted people who wanted to be there as an end to itself, not just as a means to more currency or goody bags, and even on days when you didn’t “feel” like PvP’ing, part of the social contract of the server was “PvP happens.”

6 Likes

1000% this I think when we are allowed to turn it off it becomes a “problem”

3 Likes

People get obliterated i one GCD with full duelist gear too btw

We did thats why it was dead prior bfa.

Btw warmode is fine.

1 Like

Even if you look now at population balances, one and half expacs after WM implementation, you’ll see that almost all PvP servers were Horde-dominated and almost all PvE Servers were Alliance-dominated. That’s why they had to go to WM and sharding, because there was no chance at balance otherwise.

2 Likes

My issue isn’t with warmode-It’s all of the complaining about it.
First, Blizzard took away the PvP servers and gave us this carp.
PvP is a part of the game. If it isn’t for you, simply opt-out.

2 Likes

Exactly. If you’re doing it for the rewards, and you whine about pvp, then that’s your problem. Walk into an inn, turn it off, walk out and go about your day.

2 Likes

That sounds about right. Hardcore wpvp’ers of old don’t like it, but Blizzard had to do it.

2 Likes