Enchanting Vellum Bug

Why though? Especially if you end up replacing the leveling gear anyways? And even if placed on heirlooms, aren’t enchants affects scaled down to the ilv so they aren’t out of balance if you put a SL enchant while at a lower level?

I don’t think it was the Devs intention to purposely “fix” enchanting. If anything it seems like a very specific (and limited) issue. We don’t see this error message with crafting JC gems. And it was working prior to the phase 2 of the pre-patch so it’s not the revamp of the UI interface.

This is still not fixed?! Even after the weekly reset?

O.m.g.!

1 Like

Bumping because it’s still not fixed and needs to be.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

1 Like

I have the same problem. No wonder enchants have increased in price by a thousand percent on the auction house.

1 Like

One week past, still nothing past the post saying there’s no workaround, and of course enchants are driving up in cost because the supply is dwindling (lack of new postings leading to supply drop). Yes, it’s about to move on to Dragonflight, but this is a major breakdown in a profession and there’s next to no word on a fix ETA.

It’s frustrating as heck.

2 Likes

Its going to be a ‘feature’ in dragon flight!

1 Like

Def not going to be fixed until Blizz employees are done taking advantage, for sure.

1 Like

Same here … wanted to enchant vellums for my alts, my evoker as well … Blizzard please fix… this is quite frustrating

4 Likes

This is getting silly. An entire profession almost completely broken and still nothing?

4 Likes

Dragonflight starts in 5 days. Vellum are still used on dragon flight on the beta (dont know if they work - havent tried enchanting). This seems very messy.

Do they need programmers, PR staff? They appear to be lacking both for a corporation with an abundance of wealth. Is it just me or is there a severe gaping hole in the customer service department.

2 Likes

because some people don’t have ilvl 300 gear and those extra stats matter and they have all kinds of enchanting mats just sitting there. Why are you so against them fixing this ?

Why shouldn’t I be able to use all these mats…

https://prnt.sc/mSVCSaJiUSCK

2 Likes

I ran the sims myself for the evoker. Missing all relevant enchants on ~ilv 252 gear is a 5% DPS decrease out of about 9.4k DPS on ST. That’s approx. 470 DPS which IMO is not a major deal to worry about. It’s not likely that players are being competitive at this stage of the expansion.

And it’s not about me being against Blizzard from fixing this, rather the issue seems LOWER priority? So you go without enchants for 2 weeks at the end of the expansion when we’re about to get newer enchants in less than 5 days.

Might I also point out that it’s very likely that in DF, SL enchants will be capped and won’t work for gear under ilv 300? And you’ll easily be beyond ilv 340 by the time you reach level 70 from questing rewards.

Yup very messy and yes, vellum enchants work on Beta for DF enchants and pre-SL enchants. Only SL enchants have the error message - both on live and Beta.

You are just trolling this thread. I leveled up an enchanter -collected thousands of mats throughout the expansion so I could make enchants for my alts.

This is a minor thing to fix. If people can’t use those mats now, just when will they be able to use them when they are entirely useless?

I played beta - this isn’t true at all.

I am betting you are one of the players who bought up all these cheap and reposted them so of course you are anxious to sell them at 3k a pop.

2 Likes

Agreed, it is so irritating. Cannot imagine it is not a simpke fix. Still did not work as of yesterday.

2 Likes

This also assumes everyone will be going for Dragonflight (not everyone commits to an expansion right away), so anyone on Shadowlands as their top-tier expac will run into this issue. Being one expansion under current, this should absolutely be higher-priority.

1 Like

Hmm… odd, you’re the first one accusing other people who don’t share the exact same view.

And again if it was a minor bug to fix, it would have been done already. The fact that it hasn’t means that the bug is bigger than just being minor. Additionally, any solution implemented should be tested thoroughly to make sure it doesn’t break something else in the process.

Oh and btw - my MAIN is a tailor/enchanter and yeah I am sitting on plenty of mats as well but I’m not complaining nor am I accusing other players of out right lies.

Is it an inconvenience? Yes, there’s no doubt that it doesn’t look good but aside from doing the limited testing to find the scope of the problem and reporting it back to Blizzard, I don’t see what else players can do. Especially with DF launching around the corner.

Few (if any) are going to unsub from the game or get a refund for DF solely because of an enchanting issue.

Maybe. That or this is at the very bottom of the priority “to fix” list. I’d bet it is at the bottom with an incoming expansion and a lot of fixes to be implemented for the new content.

But it has to be done anyway, and so delaying it seems questionable. As to whether or not it is a major bug? Bwa ha ha ha ha. It would probably take five minute to fix.

2 Likes

Never understood this line of thinking. I feel as if most people still playing this game treat this company as if they are so incompetent and so understaff and just overall so utterly useless that the idea of fixing two things at once is an impossibility.
Expecting a game that we not only have to pay $40 for but also another $15 extra every month to play to work mostly flawlessly is not a tall order.
How did we get to the point where our expectations are so low that having most things of the current expansion working is considered good enough for the game is something that should be studied. It’s definitely some minor for of either Sunk Cost or Stockholm Syndrome.

2 Likes