Enchanting Vellum Bug

Bumping because it’s still not fixed and should have been fixed by now.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

3 Likes

Maybe ALL the teams diligently working on fixes like:

" Quests

• Fixed an issue where using Intruder Alert! during “Brought to Light” would not reveal Horde saboteurs."

OR …

" * Evoker

• Soar can no longer be cast while rooted."

Could be shifted over to fix this item of ACTUAL importance to most of the playerbase? Just an idea, call me crazy

1 Like

Think of it as Triage. From companies to even individuals, you don’t just tackle every problem all at once, it’s inefficient and can lead higher priority issues to languish while you’re addressing some other issue.

Even if Blizzard were to fix this very issue tomorrow, you would still get players up in arms that it took so long to fix instead of being fixed within minutes of the patching going live. As if players were the experts in the coding of WoW or any other software.

Anyway, this is digressing from the thread. Folks who want to vent, keep venting if it makes you feel better.

Personally, I’m done with this thread. I’ve done what I can to help contribute my findings on the scope of the bug.

@Buckwyster

lol, are you serious? This isn’t venting, this is merely massing enough replies to an obvious bug that causes detriment to the game economy due to players selling their enchant stocks for exorbitant prices due to no one being able to make new enchants.

The more replies the more serious blizzard should take the issue and fix it.

If thousands of people have a problem with the game it becomes priority.

They have enough revenue to produce enough staff to get things done, if not get more employees.

3 Likes

I am just glad he is done trolling.

1 Like

I am curious which Enchanting rod people are using, and if they have it placed in their Enchanting UI. Because I am able to put SL enchants on vellum (tried several to check).

It is possible they just fixed it in the last few hours…

I can also now put SL enchants on vellums, but now at least Pandaria enchants are giving the error “Target item is too high level” when trying to put on a vellum. So, it’s still bugged at least for me, just replacing some of the lower level enchants for the SL level ones now.

1 Like

Yep, my enchanting is once again working. I can enchant SL vellum again. Stealth hotfix?

1 Like

It is in the patch notes.

1 Like

I saw it in the notes - I tested it - it works. Magic.

1 Like

I decided to level classic enchanting this morning when i saw the high price of enchant weapon - crusader. Well, I should have known. Well, i should have known. When i tried to d a simple low level classic enchant on enchanting vellum I got the “TARGET LEVEL TOO HIGH” error message. I can level enchanting with actual gear, but when I decide to make an enchant on enchanting vellum to sale, I won’t be able to do that.

It is such a blatant error, how can this not be fixed by now???

Found the forum alt of the person who decided to wreck enchanting to implement some secret plan. My guess is they’re tired of people using enchants on levelers. So they broke old leveling gear and have made old enchants unusable. They probably have some new system in the works for Dragonflight, but it may be possible that old expansion enchanting will be unusable in the future.

Worst case scenario. But if people have been playing the game wrong, they are morally obligated to make them stop.
http://www.memorableplaces.com/mudwimping.html

1 Like

SL enchants work, but can’t do BFA ones. Progress?

1 Like

Not sure if you figured this out yet, but I just ran into this issue today, it appears to be an issue with resolution and window size. I’m already maxing out my monitor resolution, but I found that if you turn UI scaling to minimum you have room for both windows to open without using any mods (I’m running at 1920x1080 resolution). Still really annoying because I usually run UI scaling at max so I can actually see the new micro menu.

1 Like

If they have decided that old enchanting is now going to be obsolete, they should at least say something instead of just sneakily trying to get rid of it, if that’s what their intention. When scaling was done, they must have had something in mind for older enchants. I mean, relics of the past were not changed at all. I am beginning think they decided to just let old enchants be broken as a way of getting people to not use them anymore. But they won’t be honest and say they actually intend.

2 Likes

The latest notes actually specified that this is a temporary swap of one issue for another, and that it is planned for fix shortly after Dragonflight’s official launch. It’s not the best solution, but not the worst.

Reminds me of when they fixed legion raids not scaling properly “shortly” after Shadowlands launch. So shortly in fact that they finished fixing it only with this week reset.

Bumping because it still isn’t fixed and should have been before now.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

“a temporary swap of one issue for another” sounds like double talk, quite honestly. There should not be any issues, enchanting vellum should work for any enchant. This all sounds very fishy

1 Like

I completely agree, but this is what they did to address SL enchants not applying to vellum. They should absolutely be pressed to fix this completely ASAP.