Enchanting Vellum Bug

I dont think anyone can enchant certain things on vellums.

How is this still broken??

4 Likes

I’d like to enchant the catchup gear I’m getting on my alts and I’m not paying the gouged prices on the AH when I have a character that can make everything I need. How is this going a full week with no fix?

1 Like

Right?! It’s total bull spit.

celestial guidance enchant has gone from 15g to 2000g, guess i’m not enchanting my weapons

2 Likes

A week now! How hard can this be to fix? I am not going to be gouged at the AH.

1 Like

I did try turning off all Mods and that didn’t help. Still unable to enchant vellums with Shadowlands recipes. Please fix this, it shouldn’t be that hard. If you can fix legacy items, you can fix vellums. Hurry up already. Sheesh

1 Like

Weapon enchants should even rings but it still not working and my new trinket can’t be upgraded either I think it’s the number level of the enchant to the paper .,it confused.

They have to figure out how to fix it first. let alone the other 9 other million things the patch broke

1 Like

Remember in Vanilla when there were no vellums and enchanters had to spam Trade chat to advertise enchants? Time to do that again. If you log onto your enchanter, start spamming your availability. Don’t forget to use the “will not trade” slot in the trade window!

Still no enchanting for my mage to empower my gang of 14 level 60 toons. I’ve been playing for 18 years and this has to be one of the most irritating screw ups in the game. Nicely done Blizzard :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

oh they will fix it before the raiders get to freak out in dragonflight

1 Like

Note that the new Gigantasaur professions UI is so big it closes the Trade window unless you have a huge monitor, so even this isn’t an option for most people.

How difficult is it to change the item level on this thing. Make it greater than 10 maybe?

The fact that it hasn’t been fixed already suggests it isn’t just a “change the item level” problem.

Originally (Classic + BC) vellums didn’t exist at all and they were added as part of Inscription in Wrath, intended to be a consumable that scribes made. Because Enchanting wasn’t designed with vellums in mind there was probably a bit of kludgy code to make them work at all.

They have been rebuilding professions from the ground up for DF, it’s not just the horrible UI changes. I’m worried they may have rebuilt Enchanting from the ground up but forgotten to account for vellums again which will require more kludging which always takes a long time. It took ages (essentially two expansions) between when people started asking for something like vellums and them actually making them work.

I guess I’ll log into the beta and see if they work in DF.

Bumping because the problem still needs to be fixed.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

2 Likes

Can confirm vellums are still not working.

I would very much like to enchant things for my alts. Please fix soon.

Thank you!

[sarcasm incoming] people making mad gold on a lot of enchants since region wide changes shot that market… glad I can’t make any enchants, yet they still can exploit that market instead of you closing it down till you fix this nonsense :roll_eyes: [/sarcasm]

Blizz really is pushing it with these bugs and bugs and bugs and stupid changes.

Is there anything on the forums acknowledging it? How about the known issues for DF? No… go away.