Enchanting Needs Attention

They nerfed that method. Went from dropping 40-60 dust to like 10 now. You’re better off collecting bismuth/cloth/leather and converting them to profession greens at that rate.

Spec’d into disenchanting in DF and felt huge regret, because it barely did anything. Fool me once…

The problem is, and I don’t even get why, that a lot of dust is also needed for basic Tailoring recipes for example, so demand is pretty high. Theme-wise it doesn’t really make sense that I need enchantment dust to make a vest for tailors or a simple chef’s hat. I’m convinced they designed it that way to prevent shuffle strategies, where tailors made cheap green equipment to gain dust by disenchanting this stuff.

When did that happen?

I think we all understand it pretty well, the ratio of dust-shards being used is so out of wack that dust is worth 10x more, it isn’t really rocket science. Blizzard needs to just give us a shard shatter so the prices are normalized.

1 Like

They just messed up in general with the approach to enchanting this time. The lack of run-off materials from failed DE’s of higher mats, the absolute lack of a way to downgrade mats, and the seemingly intentional low droprate/ability to craft anything green makes it feel almost intentional to boost token sales or something stupid. Which, seems to be working, considering the cost of tokens at the moment is low.

I don’t have an exact time for you, I’ve been on and off all day. I just noticed the last turn in was light and a few people have mentioned it in the Profession side of the forum.

1 Like

Seems to be working as intended by Blizz. I gave up on Crafting in DF and this exp is certainly no better. Still no way to reset your points. Crafting has become a game in itself and not a very good one.

I don’t see how they could allow people to reset points. Otherwise the points have no meaning. People would load up one branch, make what they need, reset, and load up the next branch to make the 2nd item etc.

1 Like

It’s entirely because it’s the expansion launch window. No solution is needed.

While I haven’t finished leveling yet, so I’ve not done much with professions yet, but this thread really doesn’t fill me with hope.

The DF professions I was not a fan of as I found that my enchanting was not that useful for my guild like all previous expansions. Now it seems like it’s going to be absolutely useless since I can’t spend hours a day farming.

Running dungeons doesn’t fix anything with this looting system. You can run dungeons for hours and get only one or two items to de.

I disagree. Dust has been a cheap and common material in every expansion - and yes, also at launch. Especially at launch because tons of people disenchanted their leveling gear and the trash from leveling professions. In DF I just sold every piece of gear because it usually gave more gold than DEing it and selling the dust.
This is a weird situation right now.

1 Like

The lack of polish in this expansion shows their development process has little in the way of thought.

It seems like dozens of individuals or teams are all doing their own thing independent of each other and just pushing their changes live with little to no thought, much less testing, of how those changes affect other aspects of the game or other changes being made by other individuals or teams.

Enchanting has always been an extreme money making profession as long as you get in and get in early to the mats and getting your name out there as one that has the recipes. I find it funny that someone is actually whining in this profession. I haven’t started leveling my enchantress so I don’t know for certain, but seriously out of all of my professions this one needs help the least 99% of the time.

Love how you didn’t read the post mentioning the concerns with THIS xpac. Make claims that it’s easy, but then go on to say you haven’t done it yourself. You’re one of those I have to be right all the time people aren’t you?

1 Like

If there were no way to eventually unlock everything, you might have a point.

However, it is possible to unlock everything, it’s just time-gated.

So this restriction just exists to keep time-gating in place, it isn’t about ‘meaningful choice’ as the developers try to spin this nonsense.

Even if it wasn’t possible to max everything, players could still use alts to get around such a restriction, just as those willing to put more time into WoW professions than a real job do today with the current system in place.

You should try it before you claim that it doesn’t need help.

In the past it always has been, and has always been the biggest revenue generator… Love how you can comprehend a post

This thread isn’t talking about how it was in the past, it’s talking about how it is currently starved of early materials.

Love how you ignore that just to tell us what we already know.

4 Likes

I agree, especially since they incorporated the, in my opinion, stupidness of having multiple levels of reagents. Probably wouldn’t be as bad in my opinion without that level of stupidness, but with it… Ugh. Taking an already expensive profession and making it 3 times as expensive. They definitely need to increase the amount of drops that occur in the open world.

Edit: Especially since not everyone uses this profession to play the markets. I got this profession over a decade ago to help myself and my friends. That is all I use it for. And with this stupid change of multiple levels of reagents, it’s probably going to be well into next year before I’m even able to do what I’ve always been able to do. Enchant our gear nicely.

1 Like

They have to be right. Even in their reply they didn’t acknowledge what was said. Might be time to do a little self inflection.

On topic though I’m sure it’s an oversight and they’ll add a pattern to craft green gear.