Enchanting Needs Attention

Disagree. A better alternative would be to bring back shattering.

Shatter epic shards into rare shards and rare shards into dust.

1 Like

I’m specced disenchant. Full 30 in the base and 15 for uncommon proficiency. Still getting maybe 3 dust per disenchant.

Why is someone going to disenchant an item for 1 dust when the item itself vendors for 100g?

I suggested that the higher tier rarity items dropped the lower tier stuff along with their base rewards when disenchanting.

Aka blues drop some dust too and purples drop some blue shards.

There’s nothing wrong with enchanting. There is something wrong with the notion you need to be capped out with all patterns in the first week of gameplay. Go farm some greens it’s not that bad.

Part of it is a lot of the gear is being saved in warbank for alts now instead of getting DE’d into dust and shards. Supply is low, demand is high, AH prices are higher, and the people flipping mats drive it all higher too.

I have come to the conclusion that crafting is designed for RMT players and the bots that feed them.

You wanna craft, you gotta swipe.

1 Like

I hope this is helps everyone but transmuting cloth via an alchemist gives a ton of dust and cloth is way easier to farm.

Not true people upgrade stuff with only valor to DE. It doesn’t cost much once you did upgrade.

I used to have quite a few Enchanters, but after Dragonflight, I lost interest, and changed most of them to something else for War Within.

Enchanting was pretty straightforward before Dragonflight. It was lucrative and self sustaining. In previous expansions, you had a lot of useful Enchants easy. It just became too convoluted and grindy in DF.

Sounds like they made it even worse. Makes me glad I decided to skip it this expac.

1 Like

This definitely needs a solution because the problem only gets worse when people stop leveling.

1 Like

Enchanting has always cost more early in an expansion.

Lack of greens and easy access to blues/purples makes leveling enchanting harsh.

This is a symptom of a half baked crafting system in DF being upgraded (if you can call it that) in TWW. Differing levels of mats and crafted gear sounds good, but clearly was not balanced between all professions.

Hire a math geek that likes spreadsheets to help your creative designer Blizz.

1 Like

Because dust is going for 140g each.

The problem is enchanting has never had to rely on other professions to obtain enough materials. Sure, crafted greens helped in previous expansions, but you weren’t outright hosed. Maybe a little behind the curve or having to spend some gold on the auction house for leveling greens, but not reliant on other professions. Plus, farming cloth requires a character with tailoring to do so reliably (mining can get cloth, but webbed ore deposits are random) on top of using alchemy transmutes, so you’re talking at least two characters.

Enchanting and tailoring have traditionally never been forced into relying on other professions to ply their trade outside of the occasional material here and there. Having to juggle three professions just to utilize one is a horrible solution.

1 Like

Ayyyy good solution Blizz! Storm Dust Economy - #117 by Kaivax