Employee Fired For Writing Dialogue For Venture Company Loot Goblins

Sure, just try not to tear with all that stretching your doing to fit your point there.

Like, seriously people, rule of thumb, do not bite the hand that feeds you. Do not mock your boss, or your boss’s boss while on the job. Don’t try to be subtle about said mockery either, because unless your boss is an absolutely clueless clutz who knows nothing about the medium you’re insulting him on, he will find out and you will lose your job.

1 Like

Zumakind, take notes, this is how you write a well spoken reply.

The disconnect here is that you seem to think everyone shares your position that it’s a morally bad thing to make fun of and/or hate your bosses. We don’t. Sorry.

1 Like

That’s not what happened :confused:

He was fired before he made the posts

1 Like

You’re deflecting. Instead of answering the question “does it merit firing”, you’re just parroting the same phrase over again instead of engaging in any substantive discussion that challenges your views.

You don’t want to have a conversation.

1 Like

I think potential employers are looking at it more along the lines of, “If we hire this guy and things don’t work out and we part ways on less than amicable terms, he’s going to start running his mouth about us on social media.” So they just don’t bother in the first place.

I’ve already explained that I consider it inappropriate, so yes, I am not sorry that the guy got fired.

It was unprofessional and he should have known better.

Happy now?

1 Like

I have a different take.

Dude was there 9 years? That’s pretty close to 10 and lots of companies have tiered benefit packages that usually cap out at around 10…not to mention a 9 year tenured employee likely (or should anyway) have been receiving numerous raises throughout the years. I have to imagine he does more than write quest dialog, but I have to imagine he has a target on his back anyway just looking for a reason to oust someone freeing up the space to bring in someone much lower on the pay scale and benefit ladder.

2 Likes

This is a gigachad answer

Employers now know he does tantrums if he gets fired

Which is why he has yet to find a job

1 Like

You considered malicious hostility and lighthearted jabs to be one in the same. Explain why you think this to be true, otherwise your argument has no foundation.

Probably because carhargen doesn’t give a :poop: if your safe space is ruptured and says the truth upfront

You DO NOT bite the hand that feeds you. Learn that lesson or pay the price.
And that joke wasnt even funny.

It really is time for the board to move actiblizz out of California.

If the boss is a corporate goblin than yes future employers should be worried, but 9 years of loyal service is still great and if Eric Covington has a boss that isn’t promoting cube crawls, stealing breast milk and goblin jokes, if the future employer doesn’t do these things they have nothing to worry about

1 Like

:clown_face:

Keep white knighting

1 Like

I consider both to be inappropriate in a professional workplace.

Unless you have a relationship with that individual where they do not mind said jabs. Then and only then would a lighthearted jab be acceptable and even then, those types of relationships have limits.

That’s my answer, like it, or don’t, I have nothing more to justify to you.

1 Like

100% true

100% false

Why are you using phrases like “gigachad” and “safe space” to talk about some guy’s d-bag boss? How much has the internet microwaved your brain? Sheesh.

4 Likes

There may be something to this as well. I think he mentioned something about being rushed out before a certain date so I think your intuition is spot on here.

1 Like

The question wasn’t whether or not they were inappropriate. In my reply to you I even entertained the notion that it was inappropriate.

The question is does he deserve to be instantly fired after almost a decade of service at the company for a NON-DIRECT joke referencing a meme about your boss?

Your example of walking up to your boss and Insulting him is disingenuous because that is not what is happening here.

1 Like