Employee Fired For Writing Dialogue For Venture Company Loot Goblins

Is there anything other than a few tweets from the employee that detail what led up to this? I know GD’s knee-jerk reaction is “Actiblizz just evil,” but if you’re good at your job and have no history of trouble, I have a difficult time believing they fire you over a weak joke about a yacht.

1 Like

Probably because the people who know common sense about what not to do while working with said company, are actually capable of knowing what’s right and wrong

The ones who are offended by his termination are full time reddit mods probably

That is what happened and if it wasn’t painfully obvious by the dialogue, he made it clear in his Twitter post.

As I said, I have nothing more to justify to you. Stop asking.

1 Like

I keep telling them to go have a nap but Bobby Bootlicker just won’t stop.

2 Likes

There is a pretty massive stigma in the tech space anyway where you not only need to be constantly retraining and keeping yourself up to date with the tech (on your own time) but also to be moving up or moving out.

9 years is unheard of these days especially if he’s largely kept to the same skill set and job. Not saying he has since I know nothing about this guy, but still 9 years in the tech industry with the same company either should be seeing you reach executive/high director status or you’re responsible for the ancient server/system written in alien code (aka something that might be double digit of years old) and nobody knows how it works but they do know it’ll bring the company to its knees if it goes and you’re the only wizard who has a clue about it.

1 Like

We don’t know anywhere enough information. He could have had multiple infractions on his record and that last one was enough to push him out the door. They could have done it to make an example out of him to send a message to the other employees.

All we currently have to go off of is the word of an ex employee with an axe to grind.

1 Like

I can only surmise from the fact that you speak solely in internet cliches and appear unable to fathom basic human concepts like “hating your boss” that you’ve never had a normal job. Or even like, talked to a normal person.

2 Likes

Watch what you say you might get a forum vacation because of the SUPER SOFT BLIZZ.

This is IRRELEVANT. The Twitter post was made after he got fired, which means they needed probably cause to fire him before his intentions were known.

No it’s not. It’s outrageous that you think it is. Referencing a meme and DIRECTLY talking to your boss are two totally different things, especially when the first was done with comedic intentions.

You still haven’t answered the question. Answer it.

Does he deserve to be fired after 10 years of service for indirectly referencing a meme about the boss. Yes or no?

He works in an at will employment state. You don’t need probable cause, you just can’t fire someone for an unlawful reason.

1 Like

Honestly just reads to me more like a corporate bootlicker. Someone who maybe has some minor cushy management position of no real importance or significance with “underlings” he manages on paper only and whom that largely imagined drop of power has wholly gone to his head. Probably a convenient target for his own boss when someone needs blamed or for the feces to be shoved downhill and to land on someone.

1 Like

People are worried that he will do this to other companies and will be unhirable. 9 years is awesome and as long as I’m a hiring manager who doesn’t act like a goblin, the employees won’t make fun of me in the game I’m a CEO for. So I don’t believe other employers are going to care about the joke part. The social media part is bad. But the joke itself will never be an issue if the employer isn’t a greedy goblin to begin with.

1 Like

Imagine if simpsons writers got fired for making fun of fox lol

Like would you guys be defending that

2 Likes

The boss has the final say. Doesn’t matter whether he was right or wrong. Anybody with a brain would have known to not tease/tempt their boss like that. Dude must of not cared about his job much.

I work for Florida’s Department of Transportation in the field

I had a manager for 2 years from my last job of 8 years, who I knew for a fact, was a horrible POS, he was the biggest butt hole you could ever think of

I had my bad moments with him but I NEVER gossip/ :poop: talk about him cause I knew I would lose my job

The moment he got fired because I finally showed proof that he’s been cheating and falsifying numbers was the best moment of my life

…and people wonder why they’re unemployed.

1 Like

“Florida Man doesn’t understand basic human concepts”

3 Likes

Does that make it okay? Even if they were in their rights to fire him, does that mean it was morally/ethically correct?

There seems to be a massive disconnect happening here where people are unable to separate the “way things are” with the way things should be.

making a non malicious indirect reference will get you fired? Yes. Should it? No. That’s what I and everyone else here are arguing against.

You can say all you like “that’s just how it is”, but defending the status quo that only benefits the top 1% does nothing but make yourself look like a corporatist shill.

The only disconnect I see here is that people seem to think that their boss is their best friend. Maybe if he were your best friend then yeah, crack jokes about eachother!

But nah. This was some random. Was it right to outright fire them? Maybe not, idk the full details. What I do know as a person with common sense is to not taunt my boss.

2 Likes

Bosses are not friends. I learned that one the hard way.

“Im talking to you as your friend not your manager. What you say will be kept between us i promise”. You can guess how that one turned out.

2 Likes