Employee Fired For Writing Dialogue For Venture Company Loot Goblins

awww shucks.
i’m glad i was able to bring you some joy. :blush:

1 Like

That the developer did the wrong thing.

There’s certain expectations when you’re in a professional setting as to what is and is not acceptable. Right off the bat I can tell you right now that if you went into ANY job and mocked your boss, or your boss’s boss, you’d be out on your rear before you can say “What are you going to do? Fire me?”

Because yes, that’s exactly what is going to, and in this case did, happen.

By all means, if you don’t believe me, try mocking your own boss or your boss’s boss the next time you’re at your job and see how long it takes for you to get pulled aside and either told to shut up or told to pack your bags and get out.

3 Likes

Yeah no. 10char

Isn’t there a writer’s strike? Seems like they were probably fired for doing something else.

Someone found out the hard way what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you.

4 Likes

I think he probably deserved it. What exactly did he think he was doing - huge display of poor judgment.

2 Likes

Exactly

The rest here in this thread who say “oh management is insecure lul” are either:

NEETS
Doordash/UberEATS drivers
McDonald’s/Walmart quality employees

2 Likes

So a fired employee posts something on twitter and that’s taken as the whole true story…

Twitter is not reality. It’s where truth goes to die. Or get manufactured.

3 Likes

While I am still convinced that Zumakind is actually Bobby or someone sucking up to him for some reason, the points you made are obvious, what you keep ignoring is the fact that those higher ups knew instantly that he was referring to Bobby, which they instantly correlated with a corporate greedy goblin without even referencing to Bobby himself. The situation isn’t whether the forum user should talk this way about his boss, as we have no context of who their boss is.

1 Like

They know the bobby and yachts joke

In the link above that I shown you continued to ignore, he posted his reason why he got terminated

Breaking blizzards employee code of conduct

He deserved to be fired

You don’t bite the hand that feeds you

yes that’s the point lmao they know and associate bobby with venture co corporate greed thats the funny part.

yep sure did. still funny that the management who did this were able to put two and two together and fire someone because Bobby shares the same corporate greediness as a venture co goblin.
Edit: He never mentioned bobby

1 Like

You sound like a boss that everyone hates and laughs at behind their back.

7 Likes

There’s a difference between malicious hostility and a lighthearted jab.

Obviously if you go up to your boss and call him a slur or mock him to his face in a malicious manner you’re going to get fired. No one is disputing that.

But making a vague/veiled reference to a meme that is about your boss in a roundabout way (in this case referencing a meme through a goblin’s lore accurate behavior), that shouldn’t be grounds for instant termination.

You could argue it’s probably inappropriate or that the hidden double meaning isn’t as obscured as he thought, but coming from someone who works in the HR field, there’s a right and wrong way to go about employee discipline procedures.

If he was fired just like that with no Kind of warning or attempted HR intervention, then the situation just reeks of fragile man baby boss syndrome, which is probably what this is if the guy isn’t lying, which he doesn’t appear to be, at least to me.

3 Likes

I mentioned to my housemate just now that there are people in the industry who will not look at this as a negative. He said that a lot of people would say, “He’s THAT GUY? Hire him now.”

There are people like that, that everybody hates, who surround themselves with yes men they think they are their friends. But those minions cling to their “patron” because of his power, not because they respect him. This hypothetical man of power demands full loyalty from his minions, yet would throw any or all of them under the bus if that became expedient.

It’s an archetype. There are politicians and lawyers like this, about whom it is said that everybody hates them, and they have no real friends. They think they have friends but they don’t.

I recently read a story about some powerful politico about whom somebody said “Nobody likes him.” When someone asked why so many people hate him on first meeting, the informant said, “Because it saves time.”

Saying derogatory things about your employer on social media probably won’t be received well. More shocking news at 11.

2 Likes

Look Zumakind, I’ll be nice. You have a lot of people to reply to and I’m stubborn and know I’m right so you might as well start replying to the 20 others who disagree with you.

Edit: Checkmate. Go have a nap and come back with a clear head.

1 Like

Debatable and I don’t know many bosses who would be okay with either because of how easily it can be misinterpreted.

End of the day, you’re expected to be professional at a workplace, and if you go around making jabs at your boss, or your boss’s boss, you will likely be fired unless you and your boss, or your boss’s boss, have an understanding that what you were doing wasn’t meant to insult or otherwise demean them.

And I guarantee you that the employee who got fired did not have that understanding in place.

1 Like

Respect must be earned.

2 Likes

And common sense isn’t very common, apparently.

1 Like

I’m not a boss or in a management position

I do have a upper manager that owns partially in the company that doesn’t takes people’s :poop:

He has fired someone the other day because the dude “just wants to work 3 hours a day to cover his rent”

The moment he found out that he went to the dude “get out” and I laughed at the :poop: co worker he asked for it

2 Likes