Employee Fired For Writing Dialogue For Venture Company Loot Goblins

Not even what people here are saying. That’s just your misinformed reductionist take.

A double entendre can be subtle, but in this case the second meaning is glaringly obvious.

2 Likes

We don’t like any PROOF round these parts.

2 Likes

Going on a tirade about your former employer on social media isn’t a great idea and potential employers look at stuff like that. Just say no to Twitter.

Can we please stop playing coy. We all know the meme, we all know what it is referencing. It might be clever, but it sure as hell isn’t subtle.

2 Likes

So you are ok that someone got fired because a manager’s feelings or pride was hurt? How weak or people these days god! So what if you feelings are hurt get over it

1 Like

Then educate me.
I like to learn.

It can be interpreted multiple ways. The fact that it can also apply to the game In which it was implemented qualifies it as being “subtle”

You can’t prove something like this false. The boss thinks it’s a reference to him and his opinion is the only one that matters.

And your achievement count is way too close to this person that obsessed with me so I’m just going to ignore you to be sure.

Okay?

I didn’t misgender her.

I called her by her correct name (Frances Townsend or Fran) and the ‘he’ I am referring to in that quote is Bobby Kotick.

2 Likes

tauren rabbit ears on a death knight wearing hot pink staring angrily at me with a red background gotta be the best thing I’ve seen this week

1 Like

There are definitely people in positions of power who are laughing at that joke right now. Everybody hates Bobby.

4 Likes

I proved you false multiple times. The fact that you just admitted it’s about what the boss “thinks” rather than what is true is a self own.

AKA: I can’t counter your points, and I’ve dug myself too deep into a hole that I’m just going to come up with a lie to give myself a reason to back off from the conversation.

:clown_face:

4 Likes

1 Like

He shouldn’t have done that but it’s pretty funny and the higher ups correlating everything together and making a decision is just straight up funny. Basically fired him out of their own assumption because bobby is the first thing that comes to mind when a venture co. goblin expresses corporate greed lmao

That may or may not be true but if he’s actively looking for a job, he’s not doing himself any favors right now.

1 Like

Sometimes punching up gets you slapped down.

That said, the butthurt manager or exec who demanded the firing is an insecure clown.

5 Likes

absolutely 0 WoW players would even so much as bat an eye at the stuff the goblins say in the screencaps. it’s the same stuff goblin characters have been saying for 15+ years.

some rich moron with friends in management who thinks hating the rich is racism got wind of it and had a babyfit, presumably one who has never played or knows anything about the game, since if they saw the entire goblin intro area they’d have a brain aneurysm.

3 Likes

Given exactly who the line was referencing, it’s likely that the order came directly from Bobby Kotick himself and that’s really all that’s needed in situations like this.

As you said, sometimes punching up gets you slapped down.

Or the person who put that line in there wasn’t as subtle as he thought he was when he tried to get a giggle out of mocking his boss’s boss.

even if this was true i don’t really know what point you think you’re making here. that the boss is a giant baby-man who ruins peoples’ livelihoods over imagined slights and that everyone should be making fun of him? i agree.

3 Likes

I want you to email/talk to your boss or any of his bosses in upper management with all the bad names and slangs you can think of

Tell us how it went