Employee Fired For Writing Dialogue For Venture Company Loot Goblins

I’m not back tracking on anything or taking an “L.”

The only person that took an “L” is the person that got fired :rofl: I’m not dumb enough to make fun of my boss to their face.

Maybe you can find this guy’s GoFundMe and donate to it.

1 Like

We don’t know this for sure. It could have been someone between Bobby and Eric covering for their own Jobs. It could have been Eric was told 50x to just avoid anything potentially relatable to his superiors at the company and this was tge 51st time. It could be the person who wrote the Termination really liked Eric and wanted to be there friend, however, you know, gotta look after the family and the team members playing ball.

This opinion is about as 180 as it gets for me, gotta play devils advocate here, since I have been in both positions. I totally believe it’s possible this is hiw it went.

Yep.

Also correct.

You said it’s not vague.

The thesaurus literally lists “vague” as a synonym of “double entendre”

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/double-entendres

:clown_face:

Well if it sank… He obviously need a new one! Guess he better be squeezin’ his employees den and steerin’ all da money into his pockets!

So da dialog all be in character.

Boss man can’t take a joke… skin be a little thin…

2 Likes

It’s not vague. “Another yacht for Bobby” is a common meme or insult, whatever you want to call it. Changing one word and implying it’s not in reference to the origin is dishonest.

I don’t know why you’re trying to hard to convince me on this. It doesn’t matter what I think, or what you think, it matters what Bobby thinks and he thinks it’s too close to the original.

And you keep avoiding this point but we both know you would not to the same at your job and sign your name to it.

… wait, is this Xuen and one of their many alts?

Literally provably false with a dictionary and a thesaurus.

You just can’t help some people :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Robert Gallywix is an in-game character who is a caricature of Jastor Kotick, it is difficult to be authentic to goblin lore and not touch on this point of the fiction.

The comparison of “posting a joke in the breakroom” falls apart because most of us aren’t part of a semi-comedic collaborative fiction. A better analogy would be a Fox Executive putting pressure to fire one of the writers for Simpsons because a reference to the greed of Mr. Burns struck too close to home.

Greedy goblins have yachts in the lore. That’s a part of the fiction of World of Warcraft. If you’re not comfortable with that, maybe you shouldn’t be CEO of Blizzard’s parent company?

Thankfully we’ll be rid of Kotick soon enough once this merger goes through. Until then, Bobby Gallywix’s - I mean Jastor Kotick’s - clown show continues.

7 Likes

You are Xuen, aren’t you?

Why let facts get in the way of a good story. It is the foundation of all media.

2 Likes

I am not. You can compare profiles if you think I’m somebody else.

All I am is a person exposing you and calling you out on your provably false statements.

:clown_face:

4 Likes

Sometimes what brings the attention to you is not the actual downfall of your run. Just thinking of things Ive seen happen in the work place.

To be fair, I would personally be honored to be portrayed as a venture co gobbo in game. As a person :slight_smile:

#StandUpForBlizzard

2 Likes

I can see why management would be ticked off at him, but holy crap that was pretty funny dialog coming from a goblin. If I were running the company, I would absolutely left it as is.

Sure. They’re trying to reduce the number of employees during a hiring freeze to save on employee costs.

Or given Bobby’s industry reputation as being a joke and responsible for recent company downturns, it might help him get a better job.

1 Like

Side side note, they were not all mine. We had an open thread internally where all members of the quest/content team contributed.

Nothing was built in secret. All in full view and support.

But it’s my name on it and I don’t want any of them to face trouble because of this.

Just throw that out there for the consideration of those that keep throwing out matter-of-fact comments but didn’t even bother to read the whole 1 side of the story, let alone know anything beyond that.

2 Likes

I feel bad for the guy, but taking shots at the company you work for, by using their own product against them… its not exactly a shocker that he got let go.

If youre going to try a stunt like that, youve got to at least be subtle about it.

She. Frances is a female name, Francis is the male spelling. Fran Townsend is the Bush insider of torture memo noteriety.

What not subtle about a double entendre? Goblins have yachts in wow.

If he had created an npc named “‘Bauby Cotik’ -Yacht merchant-“ that would be one thing.

But making a lore accurate reference with a hidden double meaning is “subtle” to me.

2 Likes

neither are the people who are taking “it happened on the internet so it must be true” at face value… so there’s that.

1 Like