Emissary rewards are a bit much

It’s a cyclical thing to try to give those that have hit a gear wall (since they probably suck at a boss fight) to eventually try to get more upgrades this way.

This response by Blizzard in their ilvl scaling is from countless of people like me that complained that there isn’t enough ways to gear.

Do I care what others get or how they get it, no, not really, why would I,… I think a lot of players that are gearing alts, dont actually need 400 ilvl to do world quests, war fronts, etc…

People who take progression more seriously ultimately gear their alts rather quickly so these increases don’t affect them directly but rather takes away motivation if Blizzard sticks with this way of catch up mechanics just for the sake of pleasing the other side of the player spectrum.

Killing off a meaningful pyramid of progression couple expansions and going is partly what drives people to take their group of friends and enjoy other games if the rewards get so crushed a few months in.

4 Likes

I am not a raider, so I don’t have a dog in this fight, but from what I am seeing is that there is no incentive to raid at all.
Why not just wait until they hand out the raid gear 8-10 months in?

3 Likes

Thank you you have put a lot of my thoughts into words I was not able to do.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll wear it regardless of what gatekeepers want.

5 Likes

He does have a point however about it making requirement hard, when it’s already harder than usual. What’s left of an already diminished player base is losing even more incentive to raid. Eventually those things add up and until Blizzard merges more servers recruitment will only get harder.

Don’t thank me, thank Ion and Co. for the handouts. I wouldn’t be so generous, I’d make you work for gear.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I meant, just brainfarted on which symbol to use.

Blah blah blah…There always has to be someone who think others (casuals and solo players) need to grovel for decent gear… This is sooooooooooo old- move on and get over it.,

3 Likes

For years progression raiders told me that they didn’t raid for the gear, they raided because it was fun. They told me the only reason they needed high level gear was to do more super-fun raiding at a higher level (they said that’s why non-progression raiders don’t need high level gear).

Maybe you are not a person who said that;

However, in BfA I have seen so many raiders saying that there is no reason to raid if high level gear is easier to get in other content. So is raiding no longer fun? No reason to do it if you aren’t the only kind of player with good gear?

I am not in favor of welfare epics, but I have long wondered why only raiding has the “best” rewards given that so few players enjoy it. It has never made sense.

6 Likes

That is the miss conception about things. We largely do not raid for the gear. Gear comes on farm nights. Skill over gear in which people will do the content At least once and not worry about the gear. After doing it 2 or 3 times they start to ask why are we doing this again if we have already done it? thus the lack of reason to farm. After that people fall off the map with the potential to not return that results in a constant recruitment. And when an expansion like this has driven a large number of people away. Those that remain are questioning on the point of farming hard content.

Okay so that sounds totally reasonable to me. Makes perfect sense.

But less than 20% of players do progression raiding. Heck, let’s be super generous and say a third of players do it.

So what reason do the majority of players, who don’t raid, have to do the same content over and over? They are in the same boat. And there are more of them. And more of them are leaving.

So honestly I feel for raiders. I really do. I feel for all WoW players because I think the game is kind of broken. I think Blizzard went with loads of RNG precisely to fix this “why should I keep farming” problem. But RNG is not getting folks to stick around, raiders or non-raiders.

How do they fix this?

1 Like

I appreciate Raider IO because of things like this

2 Likes

Say… is that you Mike? Mike Donatelli, former Product Director for Wildstar. How’d the gatekeeping go for your game?

4 Likes

No need to push yourself for anything. Just wait and theyll hand it to you eventually. Story isnt worth the effort its such a mess. And now the rewards arent worth anything either.

Just put it on vendors already. If you afk by them long enough it spits out heroic raid loot

3 Likes

It’s the single player loot treadmill.

For it be catch up, you would need something to catch up to. That content is a month or more away. If it was really about Alts catching up you could do that with heroic and mythic0 and keep some sort of sensible effort vs’ reward philosophy in the game.

It’s plain and simple just the single player loot treadmill. They’ve maxed out on single player content and LFR.

You either get addicted to it ( most likely the point of it’s existence ) or realize it makes the whole foundation of the game pointless.

If it’s such a good idea they should drop mythic raid gear. See how long mythic and heroic guilds stay together after that.

2 Likes

That system existed before zone scaling and ilvl scaling. Now we need another one to replace their fixes ?

About the same as BfA is going, ironically.

1 Like

That is very well possible. Scaling was to fix certain issue but then it created other issues now those new issues need to be addressed I would think.

I spent this past weekend playing warframe. Didn’t log on wow once didn’t miss it. Wow feels incredibly unrewarding now, and why run around with my clunky ret paladin when I can hop on Oberon and be a ninja space paladin who shoots metal spikes at things?

Gear progression has been replaced with aotc and raider.io progression.

LAUGHS IN SOLO PLAYER!

Sorry, not sorry. Get rekt wannabe gatekeepers! HA!