Emerald Dream druid form marks - ABYSMAL drop rates!

Going on 8 weeks and the drop rate is abysmal. It would be lovely to be able to do something other than camp rares every day. Sure these are just cosmetic, but honestly, I’ve had better luck getting the mounts to drop from purple seeds than these marks.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at that.

If how they dealt with the Zaralekk rares is any indication, those drop rates are not going to improve. Blizzard always releases and then abandons old content. Which ED will be soon.

2 Likes

Im still ad 0/6 on rare in emerald dream. At least I got all other

going into the New Year 0/6. edit I’ve started to farm on an alt druid. GG blizz. Really would rather be doing ANYTHING in the game other than staring at one spot.

I will also add… one of my least favourite things is getting dumped into different shards part way through farming/camping. Just now I spent 1.5 hrs killing mobs for Talthonei, only to get dumped into a new shard where she was dead. Spent another 1+ hrs killing mobs and got dumped into yet another shard. Fortunately she spawned quickly after that.

Then, on to Keen-Eye. While sitting there waiting, not even 15 minutes later I was dumped into a new shard where I sat over his skinnable corpse.

Please, either increase the drop chance or the respawn time.

2 Likes

I have also experienced this problem. Sitting waiting for a rare to spawn and get dumped into a new shard. Or I’m in a large druid form raid and NO ONE gets the Mark out of 20 players. How is that fair to our time? Meanwhile every other class is essentially done with the zone and can happily do keys, raid, old content, whatever.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this compared to Hunters and a Tame. While the wait is similar that is where these stop being the same. Hunter puts in time, see the pet, tames, and done.

Druids are putting in time, seeing < maybe, kill it and then pray for a drop. Many are reporting things like 0/44 at this point. Something has to change, and we cannot have cosmetic forms locked like this again. This is zero respect to a player’s time.

3 Likes

I barely see anyone in the zone after Wednesday! And I don’t mind camping rares, I’ve done my fair share for mounts and hunter tames, but I feel like we shouldn’t have to spend THIS much time for cosmetics.

For years, regular players have had the ability to customize their appearance at the barber shop, and recently many of the paid customizations were included. However, Druids have been stuck with the same handful of cosmetic changes for ages… I was so stoked to see these marks! Little did I know I’d be devoting almost all of my daily play time to waiting for rares to spawn. :sob:

I have not been farming the rares for exactly this reason. The zone isn’t interesting enough for me to…meander about waiting for a rare spawn…and then a rare drop on top of that. Pick one or the other Blizzard!

Yeah, I really only wanted the new bear form. Got it eventually. I have a few of the travel forms, but it was more random than any real effort. Same with owlbear. I tried farming the cat form once. got the rare to spawn, no drop…said “F it, I don’t like it that much anyways”.

Well I got the Yellow Dreamscales for the dragon. Still at 1/6.

The zone seems to be shard hoping a lot as of late. Two days in a row I’ve been in 40 person raids. Keen is an every longer spwan, Mosa is hit or miss, I didn’t see Keevah once in todays hunt, but Ristar was up four times and Tal got farmed up three times so idk this is bananas at this point.

well, I can report I am now 2/6 not including world boss (that 52 weeks is looking really sad). I’ll update when I can run my two druids farm later tonight. Still 2 of 7 (I’m counting the world boss now too). I started tracking and posting a week ago and have been farming for 2 weeks. This feels horrible as a game design. The first few were fun because you got to explore the world (go collect moonwell water, fish up fish, etc). This is 100% boring. and I can only imagine what it will be like for those who have to solo farm up Talthenal.

1 Like

I do it daily solo. It’s hit and miss. A couple of times she’s spawned in my first pull of mobs. Other times I’m there for 2-3 hours. Sometimes it’s so long I just give up for the day. On average I’d say it takes about 1-1.5 hours solo farming mobs.

I have Ristar and Moragh and the world boss, and the only 2 I really devote time to now are Talthonei and Keen-Eye, because it literally takes HOURS for them, and that’s basically all I do at this point. =/

Also, just from killing the mobs to spawn Talthonei, I’ve made over 100,000g from greys, cloth and blue boe drops that I sell on the AH. I have over 300 green seeds and over 60 blue seeds.

1 Like

I imagine the hit and miss feeling of when Tal spawns correlates strongly with when the world quest is active in the area or not. I just get frustrated very quickly with waiting for a rare. Or seeing the rare, all 15-20 druids tag in and nothing by drops for any player. I understand blizzard has picked up various “time sink” game tactics, but I find myself wishing to be doing anything else in the game. Or concerned about stepping away from computer to do a real life thing, because Murphy Law says the rare will spawn and get killed then.

2 Likes

Mosa and Keen have long spawn timers. Roster is like 40 minutes and Tal can be farmed every 5 minutes if enough killing happens. This may not be evidence of shard hopping.

Its mostly the drop rate. massive druid raid kills Keen. prolly 30 of us. 1 person gets the Mark. Thats horrible game design from a “world” to explore standpoint. Lets sit and stare at one spot on a screen for another several weeks. yay?

I saw 40 man groups the last three days. I think we have some shard issues going on and the drop rates do not help. I saw one mark today out of that 40 group.

I hope to never see this type of druid form farm again. The first ones were fun. collect water, visit old moon wells, find mobs to study, this is a waste of time. I know you don’t have to do it, but its there to get, so grind I continue.

1 Like

I hate to be that guy but I just found it in my bags while cleaning them out. I’m more of an Owlbear guy.

still at 2 of 7. Needed to go do real life. Have not killed Mosa or Moragh today.

edit: my extra druid alt managed to appease the WoW RNG gods and won Riskar’s t-mog.