Elune's cutscene is misunderstood...she didn't burn Tendrassil

Should she have long nails to be a ‘proper’ woman? Lmao wtf.

Well… she did come to Azeroth for a booty call. I imagine this is a little higher in priority. Maybe not though…

Maybe this is how i ended up in Maldraxxus ahahaha

I loved the story. Elunre and the Winter Queen are sisters. Tyrande was/is the avatar of Elune. I have a feeling that the Miss Winter is gonna die and Ysera is gonna take over. Just a thought…

1 Like

This is lore I’ve never heard of. When did she come to Azeroth?

When she boinked Malorne

Elune gave Tyrande the power to get Revenge. Takes it away from her right before it happens. Then tells Tyrande that she needs to forgive Sylvanas before revenge consumes her.

You know what I think? Elune is pretty good at gaslighting.

I think Ysera and the wild gods are an exception to the arbiter’s judgement, as its seen all wild gods go to ardenweald to be reborn.

Elune soothed all the Night Elves to sleep while the Tree burned so they couldn’t escape, and couldn’t be rescued.

2 Likes

I was less saying that she knew the cycle was broken, and more that there were strong reasons to suspect it. Certainly enough that you’d be more cautious before mass-killing a couple thousand of your loyal servants in one of the worst ways possible.

If Elune knew Ardenweald wasn’t getting anima, and so tried to provide more - it’d imply she understands the cycle (at least in part). She’d know Ardenweald received thousands of souls per day pre-draught. If suddenly those souls stop coming, that’d set off red flags.

You pretty much implied that she could.

It sounds like she did say she let them die. “Then I have condemned my favored children.”

Maybe we’re hearing the conversation differently, and maybe it’ll turn out later that I jumped the gun, but I’m not so sure. I don’t think Elune would say that unless she consciously chose to stand aside in a situation where she’d otherwise intervene.

I think I do have an answer for that. The new Chronicles book says that Elune has a vast amount of control over night elf souls. Wisps exist because she’s withholding them from the Shadowlands - implying that she has some sort of special authority over night elf souls.

It could perhaps be because night elves are so closely tied to nature, or it could be that Elune has some special standing in the Shadowlands.

The writing is vague, hence why all the confusion. When people cannot tell whether or not Elune purposely killed her own people, the writing is bad.

2 Likes

She was waiting for Elune to explode her and Sylvanas both, acting as a self-bomb. That’s why Elune spared her, because she didn’t think revenge was worth it.

She doesn’t want Tyrande to get revenge if it’s at the cost of herself or her people.

Which is why she’s offered a choice this time finally… I mean push comes to shove and times change. Elune finally communicated and learned so much. She learned about the Jailer… It actually makes sense now.

No I didn’t. She only gives power to people who invoke and earned her favor.

There’s a reason why there aren’t a bunch of deities running around Azeroth helping people. Elune is not the only one that has a strong connection to people.

The Loa need to be summoned for example, and they’re only minor deities.

The only way us as mortals entered the Shadowlands was because we broke the barrier that exists.

Elune literally is implied by all cases, that she’s stuck and can’t herself go into Azeroth to do anything… like I said. Give her power to those who have good service-connection, like probably only Tyrande, and she probably can influence the souls of the dead as they’re already in a different parallel dimension she has influence in.

It doesn’t matter. That’s what I’m saying. White lies and genocide…always someone going “well, if you think about it…”

Let me see if I can sort out the writing conflict T4S style.

Sylvanas: “Grr… I’mma invade that tree!”

Delaryn: “You suck.”

Sylvanas: “YOU suck! NOW I’mma burn that tree!”

Elune: “Holy S*** she’s going to burn that tree!”

Tyrande: “Holy S*** she burned that tree!”

Sylvanas: “I burned the tree! Where’s your Moon God now?”

Elune: “Right here. Hmm… Well this is f****d up. I guess I’ll at least direct all the souls to my sister. She’s probably got things under control in Ardenweald.”

Tyrande: “Hey, Moon Woman, can I get revenge for this?”

Elune: “Sure. Have at it. Just don’t do something stupid like sacrifice yourself for the kill, or I’ll have to pull the plug on this.”

Tyrande: “Sure thing, babe, whatever you say.”

Elune: “Well… at least I know I did a good job today. Saved a ton of souls and got some vengance in. How could any of this blow up in my face. Time to go Tauren-tipping.”

1 Like

So it was just good timing then?

what the hale is going with retail these days

I don’t think they would’ve skipped the arbiter. If they did, they wouldn’t have gone to the maw. As skipping the Arbiter means they are skipping Oribos. Which is very rare as Kyrians deliver souls to Oribos unless an outside force gets to them first. Such as Bwonsamdi or the Val’kyr. Speaking of Bwonsamdi, Elune would’ve done something similar to what he does if she was skipping the Arbiter. My theory is that Elune would just put a mark on them which basically says, “send to Ardenweald please” for the Arbiter. Which is most likely what happened to Ysera.

I imagine Elune did a shocked pikachu back in insert future expansion here’s Moon Land when she learned all of the dead elves she let burn went to super-mega hell instead of becoming soul batteries for her sister.

“…Elune. All those souls went to the maw.”
“That’s a my bad.”

Divine interventions

The Darkshore sky after Tyrande became the Night Warrior.

When the night elves rode into battle, the Sisters of Elune fought side by side with the sentinels, singing to Elune and calling upon her power. Oftentimes the lunar goddess responded by visiting her wrath upon the night elves’ enemies. It was even said that the priestesses could bring a semblance of the moon into the noonday sky, lending some of Elune’s strength to the nocturnal night elves. After the battle was won, the priestesses prayed over the wounded and brought them healing.[26] Other divine interventions were granted by her including:

• The ability of calming races engaged in battle by singing a song of peace at night, until sunrise.[38]
  • The ability to heal or grant a follower the gift of healing.[36]
  • She also created a physical shield around Tyrande to prevent her from coming to harm in Azshara’s palace, defending her from the likes of the jealous Lady Vashj.[39]
  • Causing a rain of solid moonlight to fall when her priestesses face enemies.[40]
  • Elune created the wildkin to watch over sacred sites.[41][42]
  • She made nightsabers silver and black so they could meld into the shadows on a moonlit night.[43]
  • Elune created the Gem of Elune to allow direct communication with her.[44]
  • Elune provides her chosen High Priestess with psychic visions, warning her about a possible trouble or giving hope in times of despair.[45]
  • Elune appears to be capable of cleansing the deepest corruption from a living creature. Notable examples of this are her salvation of Avrus Illwhisper,[46] redeeming the Fallen Priestess into her original form,[47] and in particular her redemption of Eranikus.[48]
  • In Warcraft III, Tyrande states that she relies upon Elune’s power to remain hidden during the night. The night elf racial, [Shadowmeld], is a blessing of Elune upon the night elves.[49]
  • The night elf racial [Touch of Elune] provides all night elves with a special passive benefit at all times, slightly increasing their Haste and Critical Strike during the night and day, respectively.
  • The talent [Fury of Elune] allows balance druids to directly call upon the power of Elune, calling down “a beam of pure celestial energy” to inflict Astral damage against enemies.
  • Other druidic abilities and talents such as [Moonfire], [Elune’s Guidance], [Full Moon], and [Blessing of the Ancients] appear to call upon Elune’s power as well, sometimes alongside that of An’she, as well as [Starfall], an iconic druidic ability shared by Tyrande and the Priestesses of the Moon.
  • Elune is depicted to have some power over the element of water, or at least over the tides, permanently banishing water spirits using the [Orb of Elune],[50] and Ebonhorn was also able to use [Mu’sha’s Tears] to represent the element of water in a ritual in order to see the ancient past.[51]
  • It is believed that Elune granted the Scythe of Elune to Velinde Starsong.[52]
  • Elune blessed the Ancient Guardian Omen with immortality.[53][54]
  • She granted a vision to Zamael Lunthistle to recognize the wrong he did.
  • After worgen arrived to Darnassus, Elune granted Tyrande a vision of Goldrinn being killed by demons during their first invasion, and of a spectral wolf, indicating the coming of King Wrynn to the city and Garrosh’s assault on Ashenvale.[55]
  • Guided the spirit of Shalasyr from her remains and allowed her husband, Jarod Shadowsong, to relive all the tender moments of their marriage. Meant to be a private experience, Elune showed only Jarod what she did, even excluding Tyrande who was officiating the funeral.[56]
  • When Ysera was corrupted by the Emerald Nightmare and mournfully killed by Tyrande, tendrils of moonlight reached down from a lunar eclipse and cleansed both Ysera and the Tears of Elune from the Nightmare’s taint. Vegetation also grew where Ysera’s corpse had lain after it vanished in the daylight.[57]
  • When Broxigar’s hand was burned by Illidan Stormrage, Tyrande prayed to Elune, and a stream of silver light encompassed the priestess and wrapped around Brox’s hand. As the moonlight touched his fingers, in a few seconds the burned flesh healed, the gaps where bone showed through regrew, and the horrific injury utterly vanished.[58]
  • When Tyrande was captured by Queen Azshara’s men, she was locked up in a cell. Elune protected her from all physical and magical harm while she was imprisoned, making her immune to torture. The Highborne thus tried to starve her, but Elune had also greatly diminished her need for sustenance.[59]
  • Blessed kaldorei banners.
  • Shrouded the entire region of Darkshore in perpetual darkness by causing an unnatural lunar eclipse, greatly empowering all the night elves and worgen who fought with Tyrande to successfully reclaim kaldorei lands.
  • Daniss Ghostdancer channels the power of Elune into the Drums of Primal Might (although noting that Elune’s power was taxed by Tyrande being the Night Warrior), allowing the harnessing of the “raw, primal might of the slain beasts” into “instruments of destruction” against the Horde.[60]

Elune - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft (fandom.com)

Quite a long list of Elune doing basically nothing ever.