Elune's cutscene is misunderstood...she didn't burn Tendrassil

Naw this chite is the result of poorly educated writers trying to retcon things to justify their current desires.

1 Like

lol i noticed that too

Either it was the biggest, most cosmic convenience in World of Warcraft, or Elune really didn’t care if the Elves lived or died.

‘Oh you want these left overs, Winter Queen?’ Scrapes the scraps of burnt elf off her plate.

2 Likes

I don’t think that was the intent of the story either, there may be inconsistencies with the many stories involving Elune which would lead to one feeling she could have intervened - and I can understand coming to such a conclusion.

But, I doubt Elune had a hand in burning all of her followers, and I also don’t think that even had she know, she would be able to stop it - at least in this iteration of the story. That is opinion ofcourse, I don’t know the intent of the writers and there is not very much to form a strong view one way or another.

What interests me is that she had not known that the souls were being redirected to the Maw, I wonder if she acquires her souls through different means than her sister does. Perhaps her souls re not directed by the same means others are.

Its fun to think about, but I don’t take it too seriously.

Why is she acquiring souls? Isn’t that the Winter Queen’s entire schtick? Wasn’t Elune the ‘Renewal’ part of the cycle of life and death?

It makes sense for Bwonsamdi to keep souls of the trolls because he’s a loa of death. Why would a ‘god’ of ‘Life’ have power over the dead?

And he has personality.

May as well get a boss who is is fun top be around, right? Probably gives a competitve bonus setup too. It be more motivation to grind.

Here you go man, 300 souls.

300? how.

Had one of those randomatic quests not drop quest item so there’s 100. Other 200? I needed to farm clother for the tailor. I get the clothe you get the souls…win win my dude. what’s my bonus prize today.

Wow.

I haven’t played any of the current patch, but I watched that spoiler video up above (By our hand…)

That is some spectacularly crappy and unimaginative writing right there.

This is what happens to stories with so many authors. It’s like trying to follow one comic book character for a decade. If you look at the whole story, it will just be completely stupid and asinine. Too many cooks.

Too many inadequate cooks.

2 Likes

It’s the bulk. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is just donating to most large charities nowadays.

now to be fair they did something right here.

Lady moonberry is hilarious for the quest part in revendreth. Writers, voice actress…they get this part done nicely.

its just the rest of this that has some go wth here really.

The whole thing is a mess. Elune knows there is something wrong, but still does the same old thing expecting it to magically be different. The Winter Queen is angry at Elune, not for being in Ardenweald, but for being late. It is clear that they can communicate and not just go off of some vague 6th sense, but they don’t. Instead they just randomly guess off of feelings.

Then there’s the whole Night Warrior thing. “Oh, Tyrande has to choose! Even though she already did choose vengeance. But it’s all her choice and hers alone. Vengeance or renewal. She can choose. As long as she chooses renewal, of course, because if she chooses vengeance again, I’ll just withdraw my power from her again before she can claim her revenge.”

It’s all just another bumbling idiot parade, all conveniently falling into the Jailers “unknowable”, inane plans.

Anyone else kinda just feel like this was a really unfortunate time to reach the “traumatized woman shouldn’t pursue justice or she’ll die, she should just forgive” part of the story?

1 Like