Elitism, my you’ve grown

Is at its highest. I’m sure I’ll get steamed for it, but oh well…

All day, people sh*t on other people playing this game, even if it’s decent experience or whatever. Why is toxicity so high right now?

“X class is broken”
Reply : “lol ur bad, only at 2.2xp…get REAL.”

“Got my first gladiator achiev”
Reply : “this is comparable to 2k in legion, ur so bad”

“2kcr LF ppl to Q with”
Reply: “LMAO ROFL you’ve played 400 games with a 50% w/l ratio, GITGUD KID”

So, to the elitists…is it R1 or gtfo? This is mainly why people don’t ask for help etc, because even being above average at the game gets you FLAMED.

I get that achievements are awesome, and skill is skill…but just because you’re rated 3.5k in arenas, doesn’t mean a 2k+ player is bad.

I’m just trying to understand the mindset. I know there’s great players at the game that are also very nice/polite to people…but I don’t see them.

Could y’all just relax a little? You’re ruining this fun thing called a video game.

31 Likes

not gonna read that

9 Likes

This is also why half or probably significantly more of the population doesn’t even want to pvp in the first place… (rated pvp), it’s a complete cest pool of neckbeards holding onto past accomplishments like its some crazy important thing they’ve done in their life… 13x r1 gladiator lf similar little chodes to group with. PVP would also be way more popular if this many expacs in they could put in a damn solo que system… I mean you’re able to put it into other games but cant integrate a decent match making system, with a rewards system… “wow esports” would literally take off by themselves if they had done this sooner… And people would prob pay a sub just to play solo que pvp and do nothing else in the game. Obviously 2v2 3v3 premade would have to be its own ladder…

7 Likes

The community is terrible, all the good players have a friends list full of people that they’ll exclusively play with. Evryone else, in their mindset, is garbage. The most difficult aspect of arena is finding a consistent team which they don’t suffer from.
You also have the majority of people who rode a broken spec/got lucky with teammates to a 1 time high rating. In their minds they are still 2.4k, when actually they perform at a rival level in this patch. These players make up a majority of lfg, and they are usually the quickest to lay the blame on others because like I said, in their minds they are 2.4 capable RIGHT NOW

13 Likes

So… I hardly ever post. But, you get out of it what you put in as far as attitude and feedback. I was barely a 2k warrior in legion. But through LFG and a positive attitude. Met a group of 6 guys that are phenomenal players and now 2+
Years later are now not only the only guys I que with, but guys I consider IRL friends. So you gotta stay positive and you will meet positive people. With these guys I got my first 2.2, first 2.4, first tabard, first enchant and first glad. And it makes the game so much better. So if someone is a douche, move on, and if it’s you. Change your attitude. GL guys!

12 Likes

And that’s a great outcome for you. That’s how it should be, imo. I also know not everything is covered in glitter too.

Just seems more outta control than ever. Ahh well, the cycle continues

6 Likes

One of the biggest problems in WoW PvP is still experience parsing.

Account based achievements that don’t indicate what class or spec they got it on, how long its been since they played at that level, lfg system that won’t even display someones CR/XP etc …

6 Likes

I’m also not saying 3k ppl should play with 2k ppl…everyone can move along, and ignore. It’s that pile of salt they try an throw as they do it…

2 Likes

you can be r1 and still be bad if youre a bfa or legion babby. To be considered not absolute trash you need to have r1 titles or multiple glad mounts from BC and wrath all the way up to the current season.

2 Likes

This sooooooo much, so many times ill take a more recent 2400 over a much more dated one b/c the game has changed sooo much over the years. a 2400 from cata is next to worthless to me (unless you’ve been back there recently).

Iv played with ex glads from wrath/cata/mop who were hard stuck 1800 now and 2k players who were legit better than them currently.

3 Likes

I have transcended elitism, I think everyone is bad including me and everyone who is actually better than me

8 Likes

didnt understand a word of what uve just said but hey ur cute

2 Likes

I made a thread like this, just more loosely based on how people act during LFG climb sessions. either way, the vast majority is toxic and that’s a huge deterrent while I’m just trying to improve and learn, now I have to deal with some fat nerd’s insecurities and mental illness on top of it.

People have always been elitist and toxic in the PVP community though. Just about every post on arena junkies ever, proves this.

It’s almost like an abusive relationship, the elitist ragers and baby’s crying that pvp is dying but will simultaneously trash talk the people who are trying to pvp.

You can’t escape it, even in Twitch chat of all places you’ll find some sweaty nerds arguing about current rating, whether it actually matters because BFA/Legion “were a joke” then flaunt their own rating despite what they just said.

3 Likes

I disagree, i climbed to 2.3k using LFG and not many were toxic, most were chill.

It was usually me booting people and replacing them when i felt they weren’t playing their classes good or utilizing different talents vs different comps.

If someone calls you trash then maybe learn to play and they can’t call you trash no more?

There were a few ragers, but who cares? boot em and find another?

1 Like

lol okay

3 Likes

waiting hours for people to play with at high cr means people are toxic in LFG?

Lol ok.

No wonder you created a whine thread.

Like how does me saying the game is dead mean LFG is toxic?

are you ok?

1 Like

If this is considered a whine thread so be it. Still stands, I’m not talkin ppl replacing ppl due to skill ceilings, or pulling their own weight, I’m talkin about toxicity…

I still do the LFG grind… I weed out who I need. More trying to pry into the minds of these “superiors”…

2 Likes

Maybe you just attract toxic people? try playing better and they have no reason to be toxic to you?

And if you want to know how good players think, its simple.

Your bad? get replaced and called trash, its not hard to understand.

Good players don’t want to play with bad players.

2 Likes

Not my problem the best part about this game is rage whispers

1 Like

Ok.

You’re already assuming that I attract toxic players, like their avoidable. I used the front page of the forums to make this post.

2 Likes