Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

it also applies to any lack of development for helfs - the writers gotta write it (velfs say hi. i mean alliance players arent high on the totem pole of developer interest). people who are interested in playing helfs , know thats essentially how it works, provided the devs elect to have it happen.

1 Like

Heres the thing with Helves: it’s a settled issue for the devs. It has been for the better part of 2 decades because between the Blood elves existing and the high elves not filling any niches in the alliance make up nor having anything that makes them more then the most uninspired iteration of elves.

I’d much rather see them put some actual effort into developing the Rendorei.

4 Likes

thats simply solved by the writers writing them a niche to fill. alliance doesnt have an elf shammy. maybe that. new classes could be added, such as a spellbreaker and introduced for everyone via the intro of playable helfs. maybe that. i mean its not that hard to come up with ways to provide a niche.

why cant they do more than one thing at a time?

5 Likes

Because that doesn’t make any sense.

Accept that you already have your pale blond haired blue eyed bland elf fantasy on void elves and move on.

4 Likes

Tanned skin with white eyes and white hair is so much better than that on a Void Elf.

1 Like

bossy britches

and why not? you so far are on record as not wanting velfs to have paladins, not wanting alliance to have helfs and now not wanting alliance elfs to have shammies. meanwhile, the devs have already started distributing all classes to all races

2 Likes

you do look marvellous!

1 Like

i like my violet-eyed, dark gray haired, void elf. (this is hyper/lilock)

1 Like

i like hyper, too. fair skin, tan skin, dark skin, even some shades of blue, green, etc, are good. velfs originally deployed with dark circles under their eyes. not my cup of tea. the new skin colors dont include the dark circles so thats good.

Or they could direct the effort into developing the races they have then just randomly throwing crap at the wall.

4 Likes

it wouldnt be random. did you know the second most popular allied race for the horde were san’layn (ogres were number 1)? i think its a great idea because it would provide the niche for edgy elfs that original blood elf players so enjoyed when they were first introduced. and even though the belf model has been used for belfs, velfs,demon hunters and dracthyr, the vampire imagery is strong for belfs. venthyr were cool also but not as nostalgic as san’layn

someone even went to all the trouble to do their own mock ups

1 Like

I think a dialogue line from Lanesh at Suramar would have been nice but I can see it coming up as a throw away line in a short story they do every so often too.

The original heritage quest did have us playing as fallen high elves for part of it reliving the fall of Quel’thalas so it did hammer on the blood elves are high elves storyline that if you play blood elves for the high elf continuation was nice.

I do wish our racial mount was a unicorn though the void elves could have had a void version of a unicorn. But I’m going to try to get the one from bastion which is apparently easy ppl said.

really?? /runs off to bastion

You have to have some glider you can get on the AH I think and just follow the step by step but apparently it’s easy

hey how do i tell which one of my 50 chars lol did kyrian rep without having to log on each one lol. it was a velf but which velf is the question

edit: nvm, it was a human

We already have 4 elf races and we really don’t need more (for horde or alliance).

3 Likes

:dracthyr_comfy_sip:
Sup zandrae I see your testing yer sanity in a high elf thread.

3 Likes

I dunno, maybe?

In the next expansion, we could crossbreed the classes and come up with complex character creation mechanics. Which… Will be abused and broken down to the cookie cutter builds. Nod nod

EDIT: EvE Online has diminishing returns mechanics which could fix those builds. Stack Stack Stack… Stack?

I don’t think the larger playerbase cares all that much about elves and lore.

I like the Timewalking mechanics a lot and it’s become a main function of my gameplay. How about… The distant past? There’s prolly WoW lore about that though. Time travel paradoxes are bonus.

haha

1 Like

maybe a customization for belfs and a class like necromancer. personally i think necro could be a lock spec where you shapeshift into a banshee or lich but could shapeshift into a sanlayn instead and have the lock spells look blood based instead of shadow/void/fel.

personally, i wouldnt play a sanlayn, but i thought the concept was interesting and fit the blood elf vibe. also vamps vs. werewolves, kinda classic.