Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

I mean, this is just blatantly false now, since Quel’Thalas, the nation of the High Elves, did formally withdraw from the Alliance after repelling the orc invasion.

I would say that it is you that is confused, but its painfully clear that you are not at all genuine in your arguments since the only retort to others providing evidence and context is “nuh-uh”.

5 Likes

You never played WC3.

Now your comments make sense.

2 Likes

Ah, the classic ad hominem when someone has been caught being disingenuous. Yea we’re done here.

Also your assumption is wrong, I’ve played quite alot of WC3 as well as The Frozen Throne.

4 Likes

Sorceress
As with the elven priests, the elven sorceresses who remained in
Lordaeron paid little heed to their race’s departure from the
Alliance. These female magic users, serving as agents to the Kirin
Tor of Dalaran, use their arcane powers to aid the Alliance in times
of peril. Although their powers are not always used directly in
combat, the sorceresses are able to aid their comrades with a
wide array of specialized conjurings and magical effects

So, Quel’thalas the nation did leave and those that would become blood elves. But other elves, mostly those who kept the high elven monicker, never left and were always loyal to the Alliance.

These are the playable high elves we want.

4 Likes

I mean, once Dalaran and the Kirin Tor stops being a neutral city maybe you will have a point, but trying to claim ownership over high elves from some citizens of Dalaran is a stretch.

4 Likes

Dalaran itself and the Kirin tor maybe neutral. But individuals and organization like the Silver Covenant are not.

Most of the remaining elves who still use the high elf monicker are Alliance aligned and they do live in cities like Stormwind and Ironforge. And most of those that do live in Dalaran are also Alliance aligned.

3 Likes

This isn’t a book about members of the Kirin Tor, it’s just an encyclopedia about the races of the alliance and horde.

It very clearly states that High Elves are a member of the Alliance whereas the Blood Elves are with the Horde.

7 Likes

Oh never saw that book. Finally confirmation that the high elves are considered an Alliance race.

3 Likes

Arguing with Emet is like talking to a member of the westboro baptist church.

Like they’ve convinced themselves that the silver covenant was a “major force” in both the siege of suramar and second siege of orgimar. Just roll that around in your head Henitai.

If I was going to speculate on the origin of this (outside of good ol’ fashioned racism of course) would be that the OG high elves were so rare and uncommon that the devs just used a generic skin tone while populating them into the game during vanilla WoW.

7 Likes

Yea, I’ve come to the conclusion that they are yet another high elf zealot just here to stir this high elven pot with non arguments and assumptions.
That this topic is even still going just shows how far they will go keep this dead horse beaten instead of buried.

3 Likes

We get it. You’re confused. You seem to think all High Elves went extinct after WC3.

Ignoring Classic, TBC, Wrath, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD, BFA, SL…

2 Likes

I’m going by what I remember from TBC because I rolled a Blood Elf rogue at launch and tried leveling that before deleting the character and sticking to my draenei paladin (I made it to Tarren Mill, so I went way past the intro quests and Sylvannas’ musical number). I remember the crystals with demons inside them and an early quest that involved draining/mana tapping from one such crystal, presented as something they have to do to survive and not become withered.

Which has no bearing on anything. Much less in a franchise known for lampooning and “borrowing” from established fiction. If anything, I’d expect to see “borrowing” from existing fiction. Doesn’t even have to be Tolkien, since the Dalish elves from Dragon Age or the Altmer from the Elder Scrolls games are also thing.

While I don’t subscribe to the red skin = fel theory, prior to the character creation revamps the proof was in the pudding. It was pretty noticeable that Blood Elves leaned towards rose/reddish skin tones. It went along with the red and gold motif they were given.

This is where gameplay would come to the rescue. A hypothetical high elf race would need their own racials, for starters. If you want to create further distinction, access to different classes and tweaking the model are also options. The rest of the slack can be picked up through writing and quests.

3 Likes

When we talk of collective nouns though like High Elves, it is still true to say the High Elves left the Alliance and changed their name to Blood Elves as it was almost the entirety of the race that did that. Yes, there is a splinter group that did neither, but they don’t get to own the whole of that legacy. Say a squad of US troops just decided to go AWOL at the end of WWI and stay in France, that wouldn’t change the statement that the American army went home after WWI and didn’t join France. But those troops would still be Americans too.

According to a book, which are of dubious value in determining what the actual situation is, as we’ve seen some of them flat out declared false.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of Draenei starter zones, I know there were a few of them in there you have to deal with from the Kael blood elves that are in that zone (assuming kael ones as a follow up to them messing with the Exodar)

4 Likes

They have given up the name. As far as current lore convention, those that continue to call themselves high elves are a separate thing already.

2 Likes

They are separate but they don’t get to own the history. I mean, this is also coming out of someone saying that the blood elves are not the high elves of WC3 when that’s just flat out false, as in WC3 most of the presence of high elves was the start of the blood elf story. I mean, this line of discussion now was responding to someone going way out of bounds of reality to make up their own lore.

4 Likes

Yes do, because it is literally their history. If the blood elves want to own/still connect with it sure, but considering they have given up the naming convention of high elves, these blood elves do not consider themselves high elves.

2 Likes

It’s all of their history.

And yes, the nation that renamed itself to honor the losses of their past is completely dedicated to abandoning that past.

3 Likes

Yes, but it is no longer the name they call themselves. and as far as lore/ingame in concerned, the high elves and blood elves are two separate groups already. In the same vein that while Theramore were all survivors of lordaeron it became its own nation/had its own identity.

2 Likes

I’d say about as separate as SW and the Defias, TB and the renegade Grimtotems, and so on. Same race, different politics.

3 Likes

And I’d say the difference is greater then that and stand with my Lordaeron/Theramore comparison.

2 Likes