Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

The Sunreavers literally betrayed the interests of Dalaran, not once, not twice, but three times. If anything, the precaution was justified.

7 Likes

Nope. As far as has been show there’s one known Sunreaver who can be proven to be involved in these actions. It was Blood Elves working for Garrosh, with the Sunreavers completely in the dark as an organization about what was going on.

5 Likes

Three, one was Thaelen and then we know that another Sunreaver did steal the divine bell(this was confirmed in Warcrimes). Then we have the blood elf that decided to sabotage Dalaran’s defenses to help the Legion.

At the very least, sounds like incompetence from Aethas.

5 Likes

And who found out that was going on and took the lead in those quests to fix the problem?

3 Likes

You mean the guy who wanted to keep it secret because had it become public knowledge would probably have caused the Purge 2.0? He was just covering his own behind.

5 Likes

I mean, yeah, if your coworkers had proven at least twice that they were willing to watch you get slaughtered for no good reason, I’d be wary too.

3 Likes

Helping Bomb an entire city(and then helping a faction that capture civilians and forced them to fight to the death) and then helping deliver a weapon of mass destruction to a tyrant are pretty good “reasons”.

5 Likes

Not a sin of the Sunreavers.

Your original use of Tyrande proves the double standard. It’s alright to give this weapon to one of the more bloodthirsty alliance races, but ooo, it’s super bad if the horde got it.

And that still leaves the willingness of the council to let Garithos use their city’s resources in his pointless bigoted violence against the elves

3 Likes

Thalen Songweaver - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft (fandom.com)

After the Horde broke through the northern gate, some of them rescued Thalen and removed him from the city; he was safely away when Garrosh Hellscream destroyed Theramore with a mana bomb,[2] which Thalen had engineered himself.[1]

Jaina did not “give” the weapon to Tyrande. And that was more of just a typing mistake rather then anything(sometime I type faster then my brain can think). The Alliance go it and did not trust Dalaran to keep it safe(which proved true).

Also, the Alliance literally declared all Sha based weapons illegal. So no, Tyrande or any Alliance was not going to use it.

Heart Of The Alliance - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft (fandom.com)

Anduin Wrynn says: It is true, it may be possible to someday harness the sha into a weapon. But we risk destroying our own people in the process. That is not a price I am willing to pay.

King Varian Wrynn says: Well said, my son.

King Varian Wrynn says: This power is too dangerous. I will have none of it!

More like they had no choice. The few Kirin Tor left did not actually have an army and unless they wanted to be tossed to the Scourge had no choice but to comply.

5 Likes

Again, one elf working for Garrosh that the Sunreavers had no idea what he was doing.

Indeed. She spent a whole ton of Kirin Tor resources to help an alliance power try and secure this weapon in their own city rather than offer to store it in the specially designed vaults they have for securing magical things. Which would have been the neutral thing to do.

Since when did that matter to you?

4 Likes

You mean the secure vaults that have a habit of being stolen from? And who is half guarded by Sunreavers that the Alliance could not trust to remain neutral? And unless Jaina wanted to fight the Alliance(a very not neutral move) she had no choice in the matter.

The only “neutral” thing Jaina could do is make sure the weapon was secured so neither Alliance or Horde could use it. (and as I mentioned the Alliance had no intention of using said weapon)

Again, it was more then one. We also have confirmation that the ones who stole the bell were Sunreavers.

It is a statement of fact. Whether it matters or not depends ones point of view.

5 Likes

Does liking the song by Danny Elfman count?

Yes, he has “elf” in his name.

He also created the soundtrack to the Peewee Herman movie from the 80’s.

4 Likes

Well since their leader had just voted to break neutrality to help out Theramore, I don’t see why.

I mean, she also had the option of neutrally not aiding a power in securing a weapon.
She could have stayed out of it.

Yes, you keep the alliance from using it by helping the alliance secure it.

At best you have 3 you said.

The blood elf mages?

I’m not against it, I mean, that covers Aethas’s not telling Jaina because of the threat to his people from Garrosh, so why are we arguing about him?

3 Likes

I would expect tatoo options and the such for the those Elves that aren’t in Dalaran or Stormwind and are in the wilderness or the Lodges. They could spin that into justifying Shamanism and Druidism, as in they learned from other races as they sought a new means to control their hunger and try to get past it, while the more traditional Elves of the Silver Covenant would represent the arcane and warrior types.

4 Likes

Why justify? We can make our own justifications for our characters, they should just open up the classes for everyone and not have to tie customization options to them

3 Likes

Don’t be obtuse. It is precisely because of the “help” he sent that even more people from Theramore died because Songweaver made it impossible for Jaina and co to mass teleport everyone.

It is not exactly hard to think his supposed breaking of neutrality was a trojan horse gift.

But then she would be breaking what was Dalaran’s charge at that point which is making sure people do not abuse magical artifacts. There was no winning for Jaina.

Yes because the Alliance was never going to use it as per the events she herself witnessed.

A minimum of three. The problem is we didn’t know how many other Garrosh loyalist was lurking in Aethas’ ranks.

I am talking about Warcrimes here. There was a line that confirmed it was a Sunreaver, who lorewise, did steal the bell. So, technically the Horde player experience is somewhat non-canonical.

That doesn’t absolve him from at minimum the incompetance of letting Thaelen join or not dealing with his ranks during Legion.

4 Likes

I mean that he voted to have Dalaran assist in the defense of Theramore.

I would say helping a power transport and secure a weapon is way closer to assisting in helping that power use it than stepping aside from it.

Also, Jaina does not have any ground to stand on about not abusing magical artifacts.

You know what they say what happens when you assume.

Which means anything else is speculation. Also, I don’t think that’s a fair way to assess blame. I mean, to keep the standard that Garrosh’s agents represent the Sunreavers mentality would also mean you would have to hold SI:7 accountable for the actions of the demons that infiltrated its highest ranks in Legion.

So Modera and Ansirem aren’t absolved of Garithos’ crimes then as well.

3 Likes

Then where are my Mechagnome Druids? Blizzard holding out.

1 Like

Well hopefully they’re on the way, but druids need forms made. We’re getting the easy stuff, rogues, mages, monks first, it’s probably gonna be the stuff without racial flavor first, then the stuff that takes more work (so stuff like Pally chargers, Shaman totems, druid forms etc) They haven’t promised it, but I’m hoping

I just don’t like the idea of tying classes in with justifying customization options as I wouldn’t want to see that stuff class locked

3 Likes