Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

I do say they aren’t human and so does the game. Death Knights are a different thing entirely from their origins in life.

You’re really reaching here.

1. There are clear differences between the Blood elves and void elves.
  2. The void elves are better from a writing perspective then the helves due to their potential (all kinds of things involving void shenanigans, old gods and void lords. Oh and Diaspora).
  3. The high elves are the 2nd most bland and generic race in the entire game, only beat out by troggs.
3 Likes

there are human dks. there are human forsaken. there are also, elven forsaken. whats the difference between nathanos and sylvannas, other than gender or political/mental disorders? nathanos is a human forsaken and sylvannas is an elven forsaken.

high elves earn by proxy, reputation from veressa, sylvannas and alleria, at various points in the timeline, as well as humans they have extensive interactions with, such as veressa and rhonin (ya know the guy that yells in wotlk dalaran about our lives being worth living) and alleria and turalyon. unless you mean to say the actions of lor’themar, kael’thas and other blood elven leaders arent the majority of blood elven lore

2 Likes

In your opinion.

You see them as bland yet if they were released they would be one of the most popular Alliance Races by far.

Alliance players want High Elves and they don’t care if Blood Elf players are offended by that.

6 Likes

Just chiming in with amusement that this thread is still around 2 months later with nearly 4000 replies.

3 Likes

High Elves are a hot button issue, yes.

4 Likes

I remember when they started locking any threads pertaining to high elves, after Void Elves were added, because there were dozens of them on the front page at any given time and hence why everything had to be consolidated into “Megathreads”.

The demand is clearly there. Even if it’s from a vocal minority from the holdouts of pre-WoW Alliance fans, people who don’t chime in on these threads at all would still pour into helves the same way they did to velves. It’s no coincidence that they’re the most popular Alliance allied race.

4 Likes

Indeed. Even with that long Legion unlock they’re so popular that they are more played than a lot of base races by a good margin.

Blizzard knows that High Elves would be widly popular as well and would be such an easy addition. The only thing holding that back is Ion’s pride and ego as he never wanted the Alliance to have any type of these Elves at all.

4 Likes

Oh no, that was well before void elves happened that they went to the megathreads.

3 Likes

yeah megathreads started when blizz announced on the battlenet that they were gonna add allied races and wanted people to go on the forums and let them know what allied races to add. horde overwhelming voted ogres and alliance’s top choice was high elves. the brown stinky stuff hit the air circulator

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure they went back before then. Just got to a point there were too many threads

2 Likes

the high elf megathreads were a response to the allied races announcement

5 Likes

Were they originally? I thought they were there because mods and the community were getting sick of there being a billion little threads, and maybe I’m just mistaking some big threads for named megathreads, just thought they had predated that by a bit

2 Likes

remember that one helf megathread by a guy from brazil?

4 Likes

They all just blend together

4 Likes

his was the biggest. it was on the old forums. it’d hit max pages and a new one would have to be made. he got to like helf megathread 10 or so before void elves were released and a whole new type of megathread was started

4 Likes

I believe it, was just pretty sure we still had megathreads before the AR thing was announced the year before they switched the forums

1 Like

The cringiest part is private servers implemented it immediately, because they actually listen to the playerbase.

5 Likes

bringing up private servers like they’re supposed to be relevant.

6 Likes