Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

LFD would have been so much more interesting as a Neutral Race. Same as HMT.

Which is kinda the appeal of High Elves, offering that cross faction flavor, with that deep lore flavor.

3 Likes

aye, i am a fan of traditional fantasy, so short dwarves with beards and skinny elves with pointy ears. hehe

3 Likes

ooOoo. that woulda been cool.

2 Likes

IMO AR’s that have very few changes such as these would served best as ways to offer some cross faction flavor.

4 Likes

And again, that’s one type of story. Not the fantasy genre as a whole.

And specifically not the WC fantasy style either.

4 Likes

You know what I mean. You aren’t fooling anyone.

3 Likes

No, they are different. There’s more differences between High, Blood, and Void than Draenei and Lightforged. Lightforged are literally just even more light obsessed than an already light obsessed race.

2 Likes

What would I be fooling anyone about?

That there’s more to the fantasy genre involving elves than stories with short bearded dwarves, humans, elves and whatnot working together?

4 Likes

No.

I mean, first you have to combine blood and high elves in here because they’re the same thing other than beliefs, and then you’d have to prove that the void infusion of the void elves has changed them more than the Lightforging process changes the LFD. Since that too is a ritual that if I remember the quest does involve risk to the person undergoing that

3 Likes

You’re incorrect on all counts, as per usual it would seem.

Study up on your Elves.

3 Likes

Xaxuu, just stick with one character. This is getting old.

5 Likes

Names Emet, birdman.

2 Likes

You don’t have your profile hidden so it’s not hard to check pets. Same as Xaxuu, Vaxxu, and the blood elf Eltharius

And are you ever gonna tell me which of your favored elves other than the windrunner sisters was in BFA?

6 Likes

i like the traditional tolkien fantasy genre. short dwarves with beards, tall skinny elves with pointy ears and skinny short peeps with hairy feet, who’s metabolism is so overcranked, they can eat twice as much as a full grown human and still be skinny. everquest spoiled me. that and lord of the rings.

2 Likes

And there is plenty of that stuff out there if you want it.

Other stories are allowed to do different things with similar elements.

4 Likes

sure. doesnt stop me from having a preference. you’re never going to convince me that i shouldnt want pretty/handsome elves on alliance. i’m already…well almost, a pretty elf on alliance. just need some more hairstyles, and i’ll be happy. and pink hair for all elves.

3 Likes

And despite my frustrated lashing outs at some people, I don’t want you to lose those options. And yeah, more hair options are fine (I think ideally every race should have its own unique ones, but that can still be same basic styles executed differently for everyone, but that’s probably too much to ask)

I just think it’s a bad idea to take a story that’s done its own thing in areas and change it in order to have that story line up with elements of other stories. Tolkien’s works are good, but most people trying to write their own LotR heartbreaker just end up forgotten in that crowd. But if you take the basic story concept and then come up with your own take on it it can be special and stand more chance to be remembered on its own.

4 Likes

Changing the subject, I see.

At least you acknowledge that there are still High Elves and that they aren’t Blood Elves.

3 Likes

Just answer the question.

You said there were those elves in BFA. Are there any others than the Windrunners?

4 Likes

the wheels at blizzard turn slowly.