Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

well he killed off the rangers in eastern plaguelands - the very ones who resisted using fel and refused to use arcane, are given an artifact that turns them all wretched. the ones in hinterland are constantly besieged by horde and are neutral to alliance (one day we’ll log in and they will all be trolls). several of those in outlands, returned to quel’thalas. the arrival attack on isle of thunder saw every sc except you and veressa, killed by the thunder king’s lightning towers. there were more at the base but several fewer than before. every skirmish lowers their numbers and they arent being replaced. we havent seen more than 3 of them since legion. in fact, the alliance guards in dalaran use to be sc, now they are all worgen.

ion wants them removed from game so we have to stop asking for them

Yes I did play the rts.

The alliance and especially the night elves were acting uncharacteristically aggressive here.

My personal thoery is that the blood elves originally were going to be closer to Kael’thas’ fel drinking elves but they pulled back on it. However they didn’t really pull back on the appropriate level of aggression that the alliance was showing.

2 Likes

timeline is important. i’m not talking about content after kael went to outlands.

2 Likes

TL;DR : No more elvez.

1 Like

Undead Elf please!

1 Like

/waves

10…

did you say that when demon hunters were introduced or the male blood elf model was used for dracthyr visage?

Those aren’t the SC and were isolated.

I’m not surprised they decided to do away with them as narratively they’re kinda in an odd place right on the gate to Quel’Thalas and all. Plus it was an opportunity to show that even those who weren’t “blood elves” could still succumb to the same arcane issue.

The Highvale were attacked once during Cata, they are not constantly under attack and they not only surivived that attack but the Highvale have strong allies in the Wildhammer and the Draenei. They’re one of the most built up “factions” of high elf in the game honestly.

I very much doubt Blizzard is likely to kill them off.

Technically an assumption, however entirely reasonable of them to do.

Its just as likely that they also moved to Stormwind. We really don’t know much about that.

While the SC has had some losses over the years the most recent showing of them was at the Argent Tournament Grounds and they were there in fair numbers. The Next most recent time we saw them was as a third of the forces supporting the Nightfallen Rebellion in Suramar. They are doing fine and are in no danger of disappearing.

Since when has anyone cared what that old coot thinks?

He knows nothing about lore or story he just knows how to construct a good raid mechanic.

3 Likes

i’m just referring to alliance high elves.

kill off high elves. he keeps saying theres not enough to even fill a small town (as he has them killed off in various ways)

are they neutral to alliance? coulda swore they were neutral.
dont be surprised to learn one day that the whole base was destroyed or is now troll territory. isnt there a horde quest to kill them? there was to kill the ones in plaguelands before they were wretched even.

well makes sense. wouldnt you? thats where their friends and family are/were, which is the same argument that applies to alliance high elves.

Create Void Elf.
Make them look like a high elf.
That’s all you have to do. RP your high elf.

They’re not fond but they are Alliance. They sat in the same place as the Wildhammer used to. A little miffed at the Alliance for kinda abandoning them after the Fall of the Alliance of Lordaeron but still allied.

I mean, I’d be surprised and very miffed. Several of my elves void and high are highvale elves. They’d have a bone to pick. lol

If I remember right you attack only a few specific members away from the main hold, or its at the main hold but phased for participating in an attack. They don’t get destroyed though either way.

Its been awhile since I played Horde in that region.

Alliance Side you fight off the attack on the Highvale though and they canonically survive just fine.

It makes sense and I get why folk think it its just an assumption though.

We have no concrete evidence of it. We know their leader is hanging around the Sunwell area to act as a coordinator for high elves coming on pilgrimage to the Sunwell but thats all we’ve heard.

You can also use TRP3 and a macro to remove the EE effect to help if that fulfils ones need.

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/cancelaura Entropic Embrace
/cast Arcane Shot

1 Like

I’m still waiting for them to uncouple the Darkfallen eyes and skin tone so we can mix and match the way we want rather than be forced into a preset.

5 Likes

That is still so ridiculous!

They spent all that time decoupling eyes and faces and then did that.

3 Likes

Even though they did it for the night warrior eyes… I’ll still never use it for night elf.

2 Likes

If the elfphiles got their High Elf allied race with complete customization, including all elven barber shop choices as well as all classes unlocked including Druid, Demon Hunter and even a High Elf visage for Dracthyr. If Silvermoon was updated and it becomes their home city.

If they got everything they wanted, I bet it would be only a matter of time before there’s calls for tails and tusks to be added. Elf players are never satisfied.

Y’know… Now you mention it…

Tusks would really help out my half elf half Orc toons.

They also weren’t that close in the first place; they were neighbors to each other but generally speaking the elves didn’t care about the humans unless their was in it for them.

2 Likes

Yeah like… they start out using the humans to deal with a troll problem and then everything after that has been a “what can you do for me” attitude.

Now like… The ones IN Dalaran always liked humans mostly and the ones that followed people like Alleria and actually believed in the Alliance very much Alliance folk. But Quel’thalas itself has always been “what can you do for me”.

That said, I do support people asking for what they want to play. I like my options for high elves that I have right now. (could use tattoos/warpaint) But like I get some people want more. Not my bag to tell em no, that decision is on Blizzard. I just argue the lore.

Also I want more for my blood and void elves.

3 Likes

Honestly if they just change the dialog for void elves so your character is called elf instead of void elf in quests, it would work for me but yeah I want to play a Quel’dorei paladin.

/cracks knuckles

okay, what do we have here. forsaken have 19 hairstyles, 3 different skin textures, 10 faces, 17 haircolors, 4 different facial features, 5 different jaw types, 8 eyecolors, 11 skin colors, and their own home city, with their own leveling zones, their city has a flight point, a barbershop, trainers, and a zepplin dock.

void elves have lots of skin colors (21 to be exact), 18 faces, 11 hairstyles (+1 for tentacle toggle i guess), 16 haircolors, 9 eyecolors, 5 earrings, and the ability to have short, medium or long ears.

we dont have our own home city, nor our own flight point, barbershop, trainers, leveling zones or boat/zep dock. we could really use some hairstyles. forsaken have 8 more hairstyles than we do and blood elves have 14 more than we do. we also dont have hair decorations, tats, markings, wreaths, headdresses etc. the fact we got so many skin and haircolors (and we still have 1 less haircolor than forsaken), meant we didnt get much else. also, both forsaken and void elves, need more classes.

dont get me started on humans lol

4 Likes