Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

Yes. And they put the high elves from the RTS into player hands in TBC.

4 Likes

correct. and then proceeded to make it so you couldnt align with them unless you went horde and they couldnt align with you unless they quit being high elves and made an alliance race. now you’re prolly thinking…well duh, the game has 2 factions, but remember eq players were accustomed to being able to play with any other alignment (race) in the game, simply by grinding rep with them. wow didnt have that and so over there on the horizon was the golden glowing promise of high elves…and only half the players had access.

3 Likes

High elf hunter reporting in!

6 Likes

high elf mage, repor…wait, i’m turning blue…gimme a sec… better, now where were we…

high elf mage reporting in!

5 Likes

This is pretty irrelevent unless you are going to make the argument that Norrath and Azeroth are the same.

Also elves that weren’t “good”.

4 Likes

High Elf Good Felwithe Infravision Cleric, Enchanter, Magician, Paladin, Wizard Small, Medium

Wood Elf Good Kelethin Infravision, Hide (50 cap), Forage (50 cap) Bard, Druid, Ranger, Rogue, Warrior Small, Medium

half elves were neutral and dark elves were evil

1 Like

I’m still waiting for you to explain the relevance of a different MMO.

3 Likes

same way wow has relevance to mmos that came after.

high elves were an alliance troop in warcraft 3 and a part of the alliance fantasy so I don’t know why it would be upsetting for you that alliance players wanted them, and they did get them void elves can look just like high elves now

5 Likes

that was funny. :smile:

this is good, just historically

They also laid out the reason the high elves would want nothing to do with the alliance in WC3.

Beyond that, it’s less that its upsetting then it is that it’s annoying that people can’t get over a decision that was made 16 years ago that was in the best interest of the game from both a lore stand point and a viability stand point.

Further: High elves are the second most boring and uninspired race in the game, with their sole defining trait being that their basically weebs but for humans.

4 Likes

I do not care what expectations EQ players might have had based on that game.

5 Likes

just explaining the mindset. heck i wouldnt have known about wow if it hadnt been former eq players who were friends/family, bragging about wow to me. so i look at char creation, looking for high elves, nada. there was something similar to wood elves, but the males were goofy. and the more i looked at char creation, the more i realized wow was like a satire of the fantasy genre, on purpose lol

instead of being snappy little geniuses, gnomes were goofy little geniuses with oversized feet, goofy hair and curly moustaches, all exaggerated, tongue-in-cheek. instead of being hardy, rough and tumble miners, wow dwarves were belching alcoholics, with teeny tiny eyes and massive forearms. humans were hercules, shrunk to fit in any doorway, steroid central. nelfs…oh where do i begin lol and thats just alliance side.

There were high elves in the game since the beginning of wow that were friendly to alliance and hostile to horde, right from the beginning we knew not all of them was with garithos. high elves hating horde was baked into their identity

And some people like the high elf fantasy which is fine, spellbreakers were a really cool class

5 Likes

I mean, there were high elves that were the opposite (and not blood elves in this case) for just as long.

waves hi

5 Likes

is there more than 1 guy. I was talking about the high elf hub in eastern plaguelands there was an alliance quest there to go to winterspring and there was a horde quest to kill them. and same deal in the hinterlands. the elves in azshara were specifically called blood elves and hostile to both factions

4 Likes

There were also High elves who were friendly to the horde and hostile to the alliance as well as hostile to both.

Any high elves that were around garithos would be dead.

Not really.

And some of us can see that they’re a bare step above troggs in terms of depth.

That would have been one of the high elves that went off to become sindorei.

5 Likes

So, a few NPCs one of which is a questgiver makes a hub?

3 Likes

a wood elf male in eq, circa 1999