Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

If I could be red, I would. However gold is heritage and heritage is life, so consider me a cross between the two. My pets include Crow the yellow mechanical dog and Gypsy the purple manasaber spirit cat. The last one was a stretch just so I could use a spirit beast. Buff robot pets!

2 Likes

Always remember they act like having a nameless NPC, trainer, etc. here or there means they should get the High Elven race despite it already being Horde and well us having way more NPC’s, trainers and actual NPC’s that actually matter says it all to me.

2 Likes

I freely confess that I base my understanding of game lore based on what’s in the game (and ancillary media).

2 Likes

If it’s there it’s there, doesn’t matter if it’s only a small amount or a large amount.

4 Likes

I mean, to be fair, Azeroth would have been destroyed without that high elf T-Shirt Enthusiast

Timmy?

3 Likes

I’m not saying that the T-shirt enthusiast is any more important than the blood elf reveler on the Thousand Needles barge or whatever. All I’m saying is that they use NPCs to tell stories.

Even if the story is just like “That high elf likes t-shirts”.

2 Likes

I guess I just find it to be more relevant to have all the key people, main city, etc. of a race vs having only three NPC’s that count with the rest being random NPC’s or unnamed ones.

Heck even in this xpac we are the ones with the High Elf/Blood Elf NPC’s our side including in the cross faction stuff because we got Naleidea Rivergleam and Alliance got Toddy.

Biggest win of the expansion.

We actually made out well with elves, as I’m a fan of the NB who does some of the cataloging WQs too

1 Like

For real, I’ll never get past the first encounter being a surprise attack! Guards! Arrest this handsome wizard! because legit Dadghar is a silver fox so I was like girl I feel you.

1 Like

I still feel it’s a bit of a stretch to try and use the micro-holiday (especially the ones that are a bit more on the silly side) npcs to point at anything on a story level. Like, just in general, is Free T Shirt day an actual canon event, or is it something that’s kinda grey area as to whether or not it’s something that would show up in a serious wow book level of lore.

1 Like

They’re not mutually exclusive, though, and no one has to win. Obviously there can be void elves, blood elves and high elves at the same time… because, you know, there are.

I mean, this game in general is a bit on the silly side. And Jani, the Loa of Trash, is firm canon.

4 Likes

Jani is the best loa.

4 Likes

Also, Alganon the Observer totally is into pet battles in his retirement years, and gives out star bunnies to triumphant pet battlers.

2 Likes

The Blood Elves welcomed the Forsaken into Quel’Thalas where they are helping fight the Scourge.

really? where?

ya know, i’ve been thinking about all this and its just not worth losing interesting acquaintances over. will you forgive my sarcasm?

1 Like

Raiding with leashes: wrath of the lick king.

I don’t think I am that bothered by people taking my HE concepts and using then for BE exclusivity. Don’t love it, but sure, can’t do much about that.

Now the hypocrisy of accusing me of stealing when the above happens, now that does bother me a lot more.

9 Likes

sadly, i have no idea who did the half elf mockups, only that they were posted on the old forums helf thread, so i saved it, as a potential helf allied race concept with the added bonus of looking like a half elf. i knew at the time who painted them, but ye olde brain is swiss cheese and the old forums have been closed down for years.

3 Likes

Always sign your work. Even concepts or sketches.

Saves a lot of trouble.

7 Likes