Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

Props for linking one of the threads. Bonus being that I don’t think I’ve ever seen that one before, being in Spanish and everything.

3 Likes

The fun thing is that, while I am an spanish speaker, I am certain I uploaded this to an english thread, perhaps MMO-C! I had saved one of my renders of that month from there ;D

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2382861-Official-High-Elf-Discussion-Megathread/page592?p=51530594&viewfull=1#post51530594

same textures, but I was trying some posing/anims. as the poster said those are from somewhere else, but I don’t remember where I uploaded them XD

6 Likes

you’re talented!

4 Likes

there’s a big difference between how much work that takes and how much work it takes to add a new race with new models, skins, rigging, animations, etc.

While some want them, personally all I want is the nameplate high elf and new arcane themed racials that work exactly the same as void elves.

5 Likes

this is really all it takes, if the nameplate can affect how NPCs recognize you so they don’t treat you as VE it would be perfect.

3 Likes

Don’t those things already exist though?

Not an excuse. They literally still exist and are Alliance and served the Alliance over numerous expansions. They even left Dalaran to formerly serve the Alliance fully.

4 Likes

Haha thank you! I just know enough Blender to do stuff like this. Once you get the hang of it you can make some neat stuff!

TBH I would just be happy if we could just go by “elf.” Kinda weird that you get clocked as a Void Elf doing timewalking campaigns and they didn’t even exist heh.

1 Like

i want void elf paladins

2 Likes

Historically druids where indeed a type of priest. They didn’t do shapeshifting thou. I would say that druids are a form of priest similar to how paladins are. Shamans are in a way as well since they also behest outside forces for their power. Mages however tap into their energies on their own. A mage can indeed be deeply religious, but they are not priests.

Personally, I believe that the Highborn’s physical transformation mirrored that of the Nightborn, that it was a gradual process due to the Sunwell being somewhat different from the Nightwell. Why was it built on an island? Maybe it is located on a lay line hub that happened to be located there, similar to how the city of Suramar are.

Really they should just merge them with the Bloodelves and make them avalible on both sides. The Horde version gets access to the fel green and Sunwell yellow eyes but that should be pretty much the different needed. Voidelf players should be given an option to remain as such or a free race transfer, so they do not need to keep pretending to be highelves for those that do that. In return I suggest a human option are opened for the Horde, signifying a more barbarian culture…

1 Like

Oh yeah, several classes do fill those spiritual roles depending on their cultures! I was going more about on how the aesthetic and themes of Balance Druids kinda seems to fit more with the pristesses of Elune than druids as seen on War3

1 Like

I never tried a druid myself, never been much for shapeshifting other than the shamans travel form. As such I lack experience. In any case Tyrande Whisperwind is a “Priestess of Elune”, definitely not a druid and she use a bow. My understanding of the lore is that she isn’t unique in this but it is obvious that most Elune priestesses are normal priest class thou. It is the archery and divine magic bit that interest me here. But yes druids do indeed count as priests in what they do but not in the game mechanics as a class.

Always bothered me that night elf priests were just the normal priest.

Really wish we had some way to have bow wielding moon priests that can do combat.

Just not really in the cards atm.

A Nelf paladin class with an Elune class skin though would be really neat. Especially if they have a racial quest that gives them a glaive they can use.

Was hoping the Army of the Black Moon and Tyrande needing to spread out the vengeance of the Night Warrior would have revamped the whole concept for night elves. Where most of the combat priests went for a more paladin setup sharing the Night Warrior power to keep it from killing its host.

4 Likes

Don’t really care that they used to show up semi-regularly.

3 Likes

I think one of the very few times I got genuinely annoyed on these threads was Mags linking art without crediting the creator. I even think it was a high elf concept that she was yoinking. Meh. It was a while back, so hopefully that’s not a thing these days.

I use my moonkin with glyph of stars as my sentinel. Between moonfire and hitting people with the entire moon (and with the right mog), it works pretty decently.

4 Likes

I’d like more hair styles on the void elves, but then again playing any thalassian is so 2007 to me. I have much more fun as a mechanical nutcracker.

2 Likes

Your name pleases me, however, your color scheme is the other robot and now I’m confused.

Please advise.

2 Likes