Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

It’s unnecessary embellishment at the expense of structural integrity, is what it is.

1 Like

I want dark elves.

1 Like

Also what if it gets stuck in something?

You have a perfectly good blunt instrument to beat your enemies with and you put a spikey thing that gets lodged in what it hits…

1 Like

Exactly! Trust THE HORDE to overcomplicate violence.

2 Likes

It’s all about projection of force. Yeah, you can smash someone over the head just fine with a plain mug. But how many people are you gonna discourage from starting it when they see that that’s a stabbin’ mug?

1 Like

All I’m saying is that being unprepared for Horde cutlery is probably the real reason Lor’themar is wearing an eyepatch, propaganda aside.

2 Likes

That doesn’t sound like they gave them what they wanted though. What they did there is like adding red orc skin customization to Orcs and saying now you have the Mag’har Orc customizations so it’s good enough, instead of giving you the actual Mag’har Orc race.

I don’t know much about them, but from a bit of reading, they have different abilities, voices, jokes, etc.

From skimming this topic, this is what they want: A high elf race that is distinguised from the other offshoot subraces in the same way.

3 Likes

And he looks like an awesome B.A. because of it. So working as intended.

1 Like

Jealous of what, that we have the actual High Elf race with Blood Elves not some void corrupted one that glows blue, bleeds blue, sounds weird and has super bad greasy/balding hair, I mean honestly I’m pretty content with what my race has and is, all I’d ask for is like I ask for is pink eyes and pink hair because I want that on every race but otherwise Blood Elves are the clear winner in my book over Void Elves.

And in the case of you thinking I care about the generic Human everything stuff, I’d rather play Horde, I’d even like to swap my Alliance characters to Horde that’s how much I dislike Alliance so if they ever add that as an option I won’t even have Alliance characters at all.

1 Like

Based on what I have observed over the years, the people against this request don’t care about discourse, resolving concerns or anything meaningful. All they care about is the Alliance not getting access to the thalassian elf model or any derivatives.

I was in the old threads, and I still remember that when suggestions were made to slightly alter the models (bulk them up a bit to give them a different silhouette), the antis dismissed that because it wasn’t different enough. The lore suggestions to fill in the gaps (a guy suggested adding a contingent of elves that settled on an island somewhere in the Great Sea, others focused on the elf lodges, others suggested strengthening connections with nature and/or the elements, some went all in on the Allerian Stronghold survivors or expanding the Silver Covenant) were waved off as lolfanfics. Even the mock ups presenting ideas to give them visual distinctions (with many callbacks to the elven rangers of Warcraft II and laying out their general aesthetic to set them apart from blood elves) were also waved off. It’s difficult to have a conversation, much less have actual discourse, under those conditions.

If you expected a unanimous “thank you for giving us this thing we never asked for that is not only an affront to good writing but also makes it more difficult to get the thing we asked for without major changes to character creation”, that’s not how these things work. You give thanks for something you asked for and it’s well done. You even give thanks for something you didn’t ask that meets expectations or fulfills other needs you didn’t expect to be fulfilled (in the service industry, this is called “wow or delight a customer”). Something like void elves invites the question “why are you giving us this instead of the thing we asked for over the last however many years?”, and the aftermath rides largely on your response and whether the coin lands on heads (people accept the alternative) or tails (people don’t accept the alternative).

3 Likes

3 Likes

All I keep hearing from you people is how you aren’t happy or appreciative with what you got despite Blizzard going out of their way to be somewhat accommodating and that’s on you, not me, not Blizzard, not anyone else it’s a personal problem.

3 Likes

And they’re all so concerned about the wants and feelings of those that don’t share their opinions.

4 Likes

technically, they could’ve given us the same model the high elves have, changed their hairstyles, idling and casting animations, so they were visually different from blood elves, and that would’ve been perfect. we would still look like high elves, but not look like blood elves. i am unsure why they didnt go that route other than ion’s insistence there werent enough high elves left to constitute a race.

4 Likes

I legit keep thinking how can someone be so bothered by a skintone, a hair color, a hairstyle, etc. if they won’t actually play the race that has the customizations options they want already, like for real it’s so baffling to me.

2 Likes

Still feel like all the ARs should have had stance/emote differences different dance that sort of thing.

4 Likes

i do play it, and from the sounds of it, you are saying you arent gonna play alliance. why? it baffles me. hehe

yeah all the dances for the original races are outdated too. like the brittney dance is oldy moldy and so is the saturday night fever dance, peanut butter jelly, hammertime, and the macarena.

4 Likes

Blizzard needs to really get on that dance studio! Lol

2 Likes

handsome orcs hehe