Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

k and that is essentially because of the way the devs directed the writers, such as ruining sylvannas and destroying teldrassil. making anduin ineffectual and victimized. and so on. this is not the fault of individual players.

No.

I’m saying they’re shallow and boring because they are shallow and boring. Literally the only thing that anyone can really articulate as seperation from Blood elves is that they simp for the alliance.

Like every other extent race in the alliance is more fully realized and distinct within the context of the alliance then the helves, even the velves (as not great as their introduction was) still bring more to the table then a race which has been around for ages.

The windrunners are like 80% of what defines “high elf culture”; waifu’s and husbandos with a blue background.

2 Likes

they are playable u just got a crap version of them lol void elves are a joke
haha glory to the sindorei!

they are you before arthas. they share your lore up till that moment. and following that some went to outlands and argus with alleria. some fought alongside the alliance in northrend, mop (in fact you cant even get to the isle of thunder without veressa) and alleria is key to argus. theres the whole drama over the bell. they even accompianed us into suramar and bfa. the first time they are conspiciously uninvolved in alliance story is shadowlands

1 Like

Needs a cooler name… Like… Broken Skull Elves or Direfang Elves… or maybe… Sorrowcrow Elves… ya like that. High Elves? I guess they could do battle with their long time enemy, the Sober Elves.

I said nothing about the players. I was asked if I find the alliance boring, I assumed that meant the races and storytelling.

2 Likes

The issue is that they are no longer the people of quelthalas and are instead just a collection of pretty people hanging out in alliance territory.

Such depth. Such nuance.

2 Likes

ah yes, this is lightspeed. rosepetals is my newest mage. tried gnome again to recall why i dislike them as a playable race (other than unique mog problems and mudpuddle swimming. too bad their racial was nerfed from int to mana). anyway, they are written to be goody two shoes who only maintain that position because they keep trying to appease the horde at the expense of the whole game. we no edgy here.

Imagine thinking that the potential about the diaspora of a people and their struggle with assimilation would lack nuance and depth.

Lmao.

Like hate High Elves all you want, that’s on you! But to be so biased to say so confidently that there’s no way an interesting story could be told with them is just funny.

10 Likes

I don’t think the horde overall enjoys being cast as villains repeatedly either. We have the alliance who can’t start things, can’t get revenge, and can’t be held accountable when they actually do terrible things. Then we have the horde who can’t rise up and oppose a psycho banshee when she tells them to commit genocide.

The story is garbage on both sides.

6 Likes

thats the secret sauce, neither side is held accountable when they do terrible things.

Alliance is boring but that’s mainly because it’s Human centric with everything so you get stuck with super boring lead characters like Varian, Anduin and Turalyon and then their boring side parts that could be interesting but aren’t like Alleria and Vereesa.

3 Likes

I did like Varian. I am over Anduin though and Turalyon is meh.

2 Likes

he’s winding up for the pitch

For me Turalyon is the worst, I mean you and everyone else in Discords with me know I hate him but still he’s legit just the number one character I dislike in all of WoW due to the blandness, paladiness and humanness, lol.

2 Likes

So a people that no longer have homes, who’s families and friends cast them aside because Lother’mar could not rule a divided nation and are now forced to try to maintain their heritage and pride even though they are effectively exiles in foreign lands has no depth to to you?

Pretty much. I would also argue that makes them even more “Alliance” material than most considering except the dwarves, All the core Alliance races have experience losing their homes/being forced to fight former friends/family(dark iron/dwarves and humans/forsaken, draenei/eredar the list goes on and on)

8 Likes

Honestly this.

High elves and blood elves veering off of one another alone allows (has allowed) significant story beats and the quandries of being away from one’s actual homeland whether by choice or force is easily a compelling story.

Blizzard is just bad at world building over the years.

They need to step up and engage the cultures, people’s and concepts they’ve otherwise only barely touched on.

Making compelling stories is the least issue facing high elves or blood elves or void elves.

8 Likes

Alleria would be more interesting if she retaliated against him for him allowing his night light to put her in prison.

5 Likes

Honestly, I just want ALL elves to be made not-playable.

Compensate elf players with free faction-race change for their elf characters.

1 Like