Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

You’re a Blood Elf.

1 Like

That’s a really good idea, and would definitely make a lot more sense. It’s also a lot more elegant than what I came up with.

My take involved sacrificing Stormheim because, in the long run, having the Vrykul involved served no purpose. Instead of having Stormheim be this place with Vrykul, it would be a place littered with ancient Vrykul ruins. A joint Silver Covenant/Sunreavers surveying team was sent in search of the Shield of Aggramar and hasn’t been heard from, causing Varessa Windrunner and the player character to go there to find the team and complete the mission. The reason the team lost contact was because they found a sort of “void leak” (link it to Helya or make it a reference to the norse god Hod) that started filling them with void energy, causing them to fall ill and other symptoms (skin turning pale blue, a dark miasma surrounding them, voices in their head). It spreads between thalassian elves like a new illness introduced into a populace that has no defenses against it. While dealing with these void-touched elves (some of which go crazy and some that don’t), the player runs into Odyn in his mortal form to try to guide them towards dealing with this issue while also leading them to the Halls of Valor and the shield. Near the end of the questline when the void leak is dealt with, pretty much every elf that came on the expedition (including Varessa Windrunner) becomes void-touched. The questline ends with the player getting the shield, but leaving the fate of the affected elves in a sort of cliffhanger.

By the time Suramar rolls by, the affected elves (and all others who became void touched through close contact with them) rebrand themselves as Ren’dorei. Having gained some understanding of what has happened to them, they want to use this new energy that permeates them in the war with the Legion despite hesitance from people like Lor’themar and Liadrin. When Elisande does the call out, she would call them abominations with no right to exist. Have them go to Argus and play a part in convincing Alleria to accept Locus Walker’s bargain. This would segue into the Allied Race quest where several void elves come to Silvermoon and the thing with the Sunwell happens, leading to their permanent exile.

3 Likes

The cat humans from MOP.

1 Like

there have been playable high elves since 2006, and they gave us an alliance version a couple years ago.
I love elves but no more

5 Likes

Go to Argent Tourney grounds those are the biggest group of High Elves in the game right now currently. They were first seen in Blizzard games as playable in WarCraft 2.

1 Like

To me the fact that end of Legion was when Void Elves came out felt hamfisted and forced. The idea that Alleria brought thousands of elves with her to Outland was already precedence for them to then say, “You know what half of them or whatever went with them to Argus…” Then over the 1000 years war discovered void magics and boom void elves. When we land on Argus there’s a Thalassian line completely separate and unique and since it’s been 1000 years for these elves the original population blew up and now several thousand elves exist there and they’ve mastered the void while the Lightforged draenei mastered the Light.

It would even work with the shards of the void and the shards of light to power the damn spaceship. Two contradictory forces joining together and making a new power from the seat of the triumvirate. It’s asinine that they had such an obvious story potential and ignored it. All of it.

Just shehorn Umbric and Telogrus Rift then boom I guess a new race was born. Smh

3 Likes

If we’re talking the largest group of the elves first seen in WC2, that’d be Silvermoon City

5 Likes

Nope. Those are Blood and Void Elves.

No excuse mixing them up at this point.

1 Like

Also in the high elf ranks.

The high elves were/continue to be part of the Alliance. The reason for all of this is the historic ties to the Alliance.

And actually, there have been request for eredar on the Horde for quite a while now.

2 Likes

Well that was my point. It’s a request that has gone ignored while the alliance received a copy of a popular horde race and still manages to act like there is horde favoritism.

7 Likes

No, they’re not High Elves. They’re Blood Elves.

I understand if it’s a bit hard for some of you but to continue to insist anyway after the fact shows a severe lack of higher thought process.

2 Likes

Then those people can deal with not having access to a race.

4 Likes

technically, we already have access. blood elves are high elves and void elves are blood elves, so void elves are high elves. and they recently were given high elf (human) skin, eye and haircolors. all thats missing are: 1. the title, 2. removal of ee, 3. removal of void elf based npc responses, such as cathedral folks asking us to leave lol

3 Likes

Or you can deal with the fact that high elves aren’t playable.

Like their are mental gymnastics you can jump through and mods you can download so that your race shows up as “high elf” but the simple fact is that they aren’t a playable race.

Which is a good thing since quite frankly the high elves are akin to Waldrug; a place which has signs scattered around the entire world telling you the exact distance to it (seriously, I got off the train in Amsterdam 20 years ago and saw a sign pointing out to sea telling me how far I was from waldrug) so people who have never heard of this place think it must be crazy and aamazing and when you get there… it’s just a strip mall, like any other that you’d see anywhere in the developed world.

It’s the same thing with the High elves. They’re a race who’s only defining trait as far as I can tell is that they really like humans. And It’s not like I haven’t asked people to clearly define what it is that makes them distinct or what new perspectives they’d offer to the alliance or the distinctions that they can offer to it beyond them being weebs for humans.

It’s literally just people who can’t accept a decision that was made for the good of the game back in 2006.

1 Like

Also when Blizzard went the extra mile and gave them more customization options to looks “normal” per their requests they kept making demands including demanding that they be renamed high elves.

At this point I’m simply done with the pretense of high elves being a thing and if Blizz made april 1st “hunt the high elves day”, making all high elves hostile and replacing all the basic mobs in the starter zones with high elves I’d be over the moon.

4 Likes

they share alliance history and have 2 of the 3 windrunner sisters in their ranks. people are just accustomed to the whole tribal thing so if its alliance it must be shallow and boring.

5 Likes

The windrunner’s are prime examples of wanting human potential.

2 Likes

so avarie, do you think the alliance is boring? its a side note that i’m interested in

2 Likes

I think they are infuriating more so than anything else.

4 Likes