Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

They added some hair colors to Zandalari in 10.0.5 but it wasn’t really announced or anything. Probably because it was only hair colors and nothing else.

That does make me hopeful. It’s already two patches in a row with small customization expansions, I really hope it becomes the norm.

Honestly I think VE just need some basics like separate tentacle customizations -to have them on every style) more void skin tones (specially darker ones) and jewelry. Of course, more hairstyles, but that is across the board.

I do love the idea of warpaint/tattoos, but that feels like should be shared between VE/BE because it comes from their shared Farstrider heritage.

3 Likes

I can deal with terrible mogs (I play female dwarves and let me tell you, belts and stretching and scrunching, oy vey), but the animations and the move set “feels” clunky to me.

My very first toon was a tauren, though.

1 Like

Yeah I can deal with Tauren, I got some alts that are dark iron. Tbh I really like the dark iron dwarves. What I have a hard time playing are female toons. I got one orc female rogue, but even then it’s ehh. Maybe it’s my age or something but every time I play a female toon, I feel like I’m playing with a Barbie doll and I don’t like it lol.

Oh, I know.

They threw in some eye colors, too.

I appreciate the little things.

I, personally, would like to see blood elves and void elves not get cloned assets and call it a day going forward, because that’s both lazy and boring… but on the other hand, I kind of wish they’d echo what they did a bit of in Cata and create a pool of shared hairstyles for the humaniod races.

Especially the double braids that I think originated with dwarves but you can get on night elves that also have nice bangs. And actually, if they could just touch up the clipping, rough or sharp edges, bald spots, and poor head molding for some of the dwarf hairdos, I’d be even happier.

2 Likes

i have a theory that dracthyr being a one trick pony with limited armor is leading to playable naga, dryads, ethereals and other long requested races with odd body types.

5 Likes

Draenei and blood elves share a lot of hairstyles at a basic level (with some obvious tweaking for the males), but that’s partially because they used to literally share faces.

…I’m pretty sure they don’t any more with the WoD Customization Event, though.

Bliz likes a copy paste when they can.

3 Likes

dwarf females have some great hairstyles. i always giggle at the twirling braids animation.

3 Likes

correct, normal draenei females have huge eyes now.

1 Like

Don’t remind me of those diapergnomes lol If they looked like the mechagnomes from Ulduar, then that would have been ideal for me personally.

And yeah, I get why people believe that Alliance won with Kul’tiran, I just don’t think so since like I said, I don’t play humans. I am a human IRL, so I want to be something else in game. Yeah, the LFD have some cool customizations, and I want jewelry options for the normal Draenei. TBH, I can’t remember the Dark Iron Dwarves’ scenario, but I still think they should have been horde since Alliance kept killing them lol

I know your stance on velves/helves on the Alliance, not sure if you know mine but I wish they’d made Thalassian Elves neutral, called Blood Elves if they went Horde, High Elves if they went Alliance, then had velves be a customization unlocked for both. My main issue with velves is that Blizz said there weren’t enough helves to have them be playable, yet supposedly only 10% of Silvermoon’s population remained after the Scourge invaded yet look how many belves are around on the Horde. There are even less velves around than helves, and they made them playable.

Blizz hasn’t really done anything with velves, not even during the N’zoth patch. They got watered down because Blizz sorta gave us what we’d been asking for in everything but name, so you have belf players who are upset because they feel that velves are stealing their identity, velf players who are upset because when they got a round of customization, it was just to slap on helf customization and nothing voidy, and helf players are still upset because they can only be a helf in appearance, not name. So yeah, everyone is unhappy with Blizz right now.

It does amuse me that like in game, the Thalassian elves can’t get along, and neither can the players. It’s kinda poetic if you ask me.

/endrant

3 Likes

at this point, night elves cant be warlocks. its gonna be weird when all the races get all the classes. mechagnome demon hunter lol vulpera demon hunter with fur and a fluffy tail lol hmt dh with antlers lol

1 Like

not entirely. i’m mostly happy. just need new hairstyles. have you been in fenelon’s void thread?

2 Likes

Yes I have been in there, and would love those options, but still would love the ability to have my helf characters be called helves.

2 Likes

ohh. that would just be a small quality detail for me. i dont mind ee, in fact sometimes it looks really cool, depending on my gear, but if it went away i wouldnt be disappointed, same thing with title. if i got it, i wouldnt be disappointed, if i dont get it, i wont be disappointed. i’m mostly interested in hairstyles at this point, and for the church lady to stop asking me to leave lol

3 Likes

Can I ask why that in particular is important to you? (only curious. For me its a non-issue)

It just bothers me that my helf characters, who are VERY opposed to the use of void magic, are called velves, have void dialog, and have the void racial show. I have always wanted proper helves on the Alliance, so even while I have some velves who are velves, like this toon, I still want the option to match my customization look to the name.

In case it isn’t clear, I am an RPer lol, and yes there are RP addons that let you customize your race and everything, but I shouldn’t need an Addon to be the race that I want to be.

Also Lore explained it better than I did haha

3 Likes

I’m of a similar mind, not just for High Elves but for all races that it’s relevant for.

I’m an RPer, and I value the little details.
If I consider my character a Wildhammer Dwarf, then I’d want that to be expressed in my tooltip for everyone to understand rather than simply through an addon.
If I’m a Troll, why is it that I’m not able to have my tooltip specify which tribe I believe my troll to originate from.

Yet there are already races that this applies to.
Dark Iron Dwarves are Dwarves with their clan expressed in their tooltip. Same with Zandalari Trolls.

It’s not just about tooltips either.
If you don’t consider your Dwarf to be a Bronzebeard and rather consider them to be a Wildhammer, then there should be further options to modify the racials to comply with that identity. Otherwise it’s conflicting and ruins immersion. Which is why there are Void Elf players that want to hide the Void racials or change them to be more thematically High Elven like visually altering them to be Arcane in coloration.

4 Likes

ahhh, i get it. makes sense.

Very sad people engage in such behavior tbh

3 Likes

Thankfully with the new hair color customization that’s been coming out for Dragonflight, I anticipate Void Elves will be getting the additional hair colors along with the other races in due time.

Given the added class customization as well, I anticipate that’ll trickle down to being relevant for Void Elves as well (regarding the opening of class combinations for all races which currently aren’t available to Void Elves)

4 Likes