Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

It doesn’t have to all be pvp, they could make a good story fit. Well they could of in BfA, but noooo.

I’ll always be of the opinion that Battle for Azeroth should have stuck with the faction war story throughout the expansion. Faction war has potential but each time it’s been utilized the writers have only gone half way. I really like the idea of diminishing resources and a fight for dominance/survival. We got a pinch of that in Cata, MoP, and BfA but then each time it was flipped to joining hands and fighting together. I think it would have been best if BfA had done a complete faction war story then it could have transitioned into the Old God stuff the next expansion.

3 Likes

Me too, it still seems unfair to me that Alliance got a whole new built from the ground Allied Race and we got nothing but a few changed customizations, skintones or a botched Night Elf.

3 Likes

I mean y’all are welcomed to the tall, large humans. I still think y’all got the better deal when it comes to allied races personally.

2 Likes

I know very few people that actually liked getting Kul Tirans as an allied race (same with mechagnomes) and not many people consider it a “unique” race. It having a unique skeleton isn’t nearly as interesting as an entirely new race which the Horde got through the Vulpera. Kul Tiran is just a different looking human, whereas Vulpera are an entirely different race that just so happens to use an existing skeleton.

2 Likes

Really you think having Taurens with antlers instead of horns, taller straight back Trolls, Orcs with brown skin instead of green, a fuzzy Goblin and a botched Night Elf with awful customizations and nothing shared from parent race is better?

1 Like

Not much different from: brighter Draenei, purplier High Elves, partially robotic gnomes, darker dwarves, thicker humans, etc.
The key difference being that Horde got a unique species with the Vulpera.

2 Likes

Vulpera is a fuzzy Goblin with horrible customizations, literally the amount of customization it has is just sad but it’s just a skin for Goblins so it’s not really a shocker, Kul Tiran was actually built from the ground up new race with new customizations and even delayed the release of Zandalari Trolls the only new Allied Race is Kul Tiran and that went to Alliance.

3 Likes

Yes, but I am biased and don’t play humans, let alone a taller, larger version. Their heritage armor helm does show their hair instead of giving them a buzzcut so there is that.

IDC what anyone says, vulpera are cute and I have a vulp shammy, the totems are so cute! The Nightborne… Yeah, they should have been better but I still have one and I don’t have a Kultiran, and the taller trolls can be pallies! The HMT and Orcs should have been just customization options IMO Again, this is all opinion-based, so IMO, horde got the better deal as I don’t play 3/5 alliance races but have all the horde ones.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, BfA had so much potential for an all out faction war story that could of been really good.

2 Likes

The opinions on ARs will vary wildly from person to person.

Arguing which side got better is foolish and pointless.

You’ll ask the same question to 6 people and get 12 answers.

4 Likes

The only Allied Race I feel like Horde did win with is Vulpera and that’s only because Alliance got Mechagnomes and I hate Gnomes, I even hate my own Gnome Warlock.

Otherwise though I feel like Alliance won by getting a brand new built from the ground race with Kul Tiran, extremely gorgeous Lightforged Draenei with a lot of customization, super cool Dark Iron Dwaves that both factions wanted, Void Elves that are a copy/paste of our number one race with a new concept and now almost all of our customizations copy/paste as well so yeah Alliance is the side winning the Allied Race race currently, Horde side got screwed and not even in a good way just screwed.

1 Like

I would have agreed with you until they gave void elves significantly more attention than any of the other ARs with new options.

3 Likes

The moose Tauren look alot cooler than normal Tauren imo.

1 Like

Neither race can be Warlocks yet so despite liking Tauren they are no good to me, lol.

1 Like

One AR I just couldn’t play are Nightborne. I got one to 20 something and rerolled. They’re so boring and generic to look at why even add them lol. One good thing they had is the mailbox racial.

1 Like

I actually made my Nightborne Warlock my secondary main after they gave Void Elves our customizations instead of void customizations because despite hating the model and customizations they have I can still use the terrible off black skintone and the terrible off purple hair color and pretend I’m a Night Elf a botched Night Elf but a Night Elf on Horde.

1 Like

I play a moose tauren druid just because all the animals druids can turn to actually appear in Highmoutain but tbh since tauren got all the new options I’d probably go regular tauren if I made him today.

3 Likes

I think I’ve gotten the most mileage out of the Zandalari, toon for toon and time spent on them. Probably the least on my Highmountain tauren. I don’t know. Tauren are too big and I don’t really enjoy playing them. I like seeing them, but I don’t love being them.

Though my main alt is currently a dark iron.

Would like to see all the allied races brought up to the customization level of the 3 Legion allied races that got beefy updates. With the hair color additions for orcs and humans, I just hope customizations keep trickling out.

Though it’s not like orcs or humans were lacking in options compared to some…

4 Likes

My friend’s have problems with Tauren because the mogs on head and feet are bad lol.