Elder Scrolls

Have you seen society lately? Memememememe nownownownownow. You don’t put a long grind in a game and then have a way to opt out of that grind by paying if you’re not looking to make money off it.

All convenience in that game is paid for, have you seen the cost of things like the personal merchant and bank? How bout the fact that a lot of cosmetics are released only through loot boxes? Or how the game is basically built around people who shell out for 100% exp scrolls. The game is making bank and it’s not because they are fair to people who only pay the box cost

I payed for a six month sub, had access to everything in game and didnt pay a cent more. The other model to play is you can ftp, so you can play for free and buy a few perks of what you want or spend nothing. Thats their business model and there is nothing wrong with that. You cannot use your credit card to make your character more powerful in ESO…But you can in WoW. Break out the credit card, buy 1 million gold, get mythic carries non stop…thats pay to win. And Blizz supports carries because they get paid $$$. Want corrupt business models look no further than WoW.

2 Likes

Calling wow P2W because of that is a straight up joke lol. And if you can’t see that Zenimax built ESO to be inconvenient for people who don’t want to pay, idk, i got a nice bridge to sell you.

it’s an ok game, but it’s definitely not f2p friendly.

Using a credit card to make your character more powerful is pay to win, how is that a joke?
Can I use a credit card in wow to buy gold? Yes
Can I use that gold to buy items that make my character more powerful? Yes you can buy them off AH
Is there other ways to make my character more powerful with gold brought with real money? Yes guilds offer carries for high level loot
Would doing any of this make my character more powerful at a much faster rate than somebody not using real money giving me an advantage? Yes
Does Blizzard support all this? Yes, previously we banned for life accounts that brought gold with real money, However now we fully support this and welcome you to our in game store.
WoW is pay to win.

2 Likes

Rofl, you do you, that’s just a silly thought. Have a good day though!

Given the unacceptable state of Fallout 76, the sheer greed Bethesda has shown for it despite the game being broken, and just Bethesda’s general history of releasing completely broken games they can’t be bothered to fix and that have to be fixed by modders, I would be careful investing too much in a MMO from Zenimax/Bethesda. At this point I don’t trust them not to go bad. I would play it for the story, but once capped I would quit and go back to WoW.

If you are looking for a long-term alternative MMOs to play until WoW gets better, I would recommend FFXIV or Guild Wars 2 instead.

That’s a bit of a reach saying it’s not a good long term MMO.

It was complete garbage at launch under Bethesda but Zenimax has done wonders in fixing bugs and providing content, Bethesda really doesn’t have a hand in it anymore so saying 76 effects this at all is like saying a failure in an Activision game effects Blizzard games.

ESO is going to be around a long time more, there’s no reason not to play it if you like it.

3 Likes

41 magicka sorc here and loving it. Daily log in rewards, level rewards, quest rewards, great quest lines and so many you can level 3 toons and probably never do the same one twice. I just finished the original game main story line and it was so intense!

I did the sub cuz bottomless craft bag and double the bag/bank space was worth it, not to mention the free DLC and other things I’m forgetting.

Plus it’s beautiful and the music is amazing!

2 Likes

Mount speed costs 250g lol, you get that from one quest.

2 Likes

250 gold once a day, every day for 180 days, adds up. Especially for multiple characters.

1 Like

I am having the BEST time. Wandering in random caves, doing World Bosses, Dolmens, the events, crafting, farming, looking in all the crates/baskets/urns/backpacks for goodies, leveling my pickpocket skills, finding all the wayshrines for quick travel, the travel to player when you are in a group, the music, the graphics, the community, the daily log on gifts… and a hundred other things I can’t list lol

3 Likes

That’s the point people miss, it’s a long grind if you don’t pay. It was never about the gold cost.

1 Like

Mount speed is hardly critical to the game. Why does everything have to be instantly achievable? Hey, if all you want out of an mmo is a hop skip and jump to Endgame, then, by all means, stick to WoW. But some of us enjoy the Journey as well as the destination.

Just because a shortcut is available doesn’t mean you have to take it. Exactly the same goes for WoW as well. Nothing wrong with options

1 Like

180 days is a bit excessive for anything, and it’s not just speed its stamina and bag space.

The game is built around getting you to pay, that’s all I’m saying. You can play it free all you want, but their intent is to make it inconvenient if you don’t pay.

And you can end up spending a LOT more then the Sub based games.

1 Like

I want to try ESO but have resisted buying even the cheapest base game, atm ($7 or so Amazon, $9-$10 from official web site). I know that’s a small price to pay, but I’d prefer a free trial (does anything like that exist for the game?)

I may buy ESO in the future, but I’m currently trying the free trial of FF14 and I’m learning that weird mess. At least it’s free up until level 30, so I can try all the classes/races. I’m not having a lot of fun with FF14, but it’s keeping me busy since my WoW play has been reduced to WQ daily which I can knock out in about 30 mins.

They actually just had one that ended on 4/3/19. Keep checking, just google ESO free trial.

1 Like

Well said. I think I’m up to 8 on my horse now and that’s only because the only time I worry about it is when I happen to remember as I pass a stable. I just don’t see it as a HUGE OMG gotta have it.

I love the “journey” which is what attracts me to games that keep ALL content relevant and interesting. There is just sooooo much to do all over the world sometimes it’s hard for me to choose one lol.

I don’t get your point Pyrofilia, it’s a F2P game but they have to make money somewhere to maintain the game so yes they do make certain things enticing to buy but they also give you a choice.

If you get ESO plus for $ 16 a month that included double bag/bank space, bottomless craft bag, ALL DLC content, 1650 store crowns a month, 10% increase to gold and experience, 10% crafting and trait xp, double furnishing and double collectable space in your houses, exclusive ESO+ deals in the store. The game, however, is totally playable without any of these things. None of them are game changing they are all QOL, the free crowns acutally pay you back in store cash LOL.

That is a damn site more than you get for your $ 16 a month WOW sub fee and they have a cash store that is made totally enticing since they have pets and mounts which they are completely aware people collect. WOW tokens for cash which provides ingame gold AND you pay a sub.

You could actually end up spending a lot more in WOW if you collect pets/mounts and want ingame gold since those things are desirable to a lot of people also.

3 Likes

Oh man. Hope springs eternal right? Pantheon sounds like the best of both worlds right. Modern take on the EQ 1 model.

1 Like

I really liked playing ESO, but ultimately hated the classes. They just felt very clunky.

I prefer magic based classes, and the sorceror class felt clunky at best, and didn’t fit into my views of what the class fantasy should be.

Atleast based on my experience from other MMOs, and the other elder scroll games that came before it.

For me sorcerer feels pretty good. Feels more powerful as you level up, I like the spells and animations, the whole weaving thing is interesting with debuffs and buffs then damage.