Elder Scrolls

I am seriously considering moving this direction, the game looks to have a lot of the stuff I miss from wow, mostly the creativity and leadership shown there.

What has everyone found good or bad with ESO?

1 Like

ESO got kinda boring for me so i switched over to wow

2 Likes

How was player housing and pvp?

Pvp was amazing, probably the best in any mmo i’ve played.

Player housing was kind of meh though. You can buy cheaper houses for in game gold but the cool epic houses you have to pay with real life money.

2 Likes

Hey thanks I really appreciate the feedback

I just know one of the biggest things people complain about in WoW (simplified classes with “pruned” abilities, making for a simple rotation), seems exponentially worse in ESO.

Nothing like having a whopping 5 abilities total on your action bar. 10 if you weapon swap.

1 Like

ESO is excellent. 300 days played in wow, maybe 3000 hours in ESO, its a very well made game. Better graphics, storyline, quests, full voice acting, much better end game and crafting. WoW is meh these days, ESO is packed with players…wonder why

7 Likes

Yea Eso main problem is only having 10 slots of spells and sometime even passives replacing those spells. The game is beautiful, lot of voice over, lot of complexe storylines, lot of interesting dlcs (dark brotherhood and thief guild is a must). You also don’t need a sub, can just buy the content as you go if you feel like playing it in wow “offtimes”.

I’m personnaly playing ffxiv and prefer ffxiv for pure combat, but leveling for the first time in ffxiv is painful because of how the storyline is so heavy and makes you do long detours.

3 Likes

Free to play games are often packed with players. Once you aren’t a good enough game to get people to stay subbed, and have to fall back on FTP, you will of course get an influx of cheap players.

Don’t get me wrong. ESO does a lot of things well. I just don’t find any of its gameplay worthwhile. Sure, its voice acting, graphics, and story are very well done. But I found actually playing it extremely boring.

Taking a break from WoW and going to tryout ESO this weekend. Picked it up a few days ago. It seems … different. But, that’s not bad thing.

2 Likes

ESO has great questing, good graphics, and decent gameplay that can feel very cookie cutter when it comes to builds when you fit the required buffs, debuffs and dots to do competitive damage.

Unfortunately they have reached a level of greed that I cannot believe. I played that game since launch until about a year ago and feel everything is designed to draw you to the store now. I started playing WoW again after that and feel my money is better spent. ESO doesn’t just want your money… they want all the money they can squeeze out of you.

I’ve played Elder Scrolls since Morrowind and I love those games. I don’t like where Bethesda is heading currently and wouldn’t recommend ESO to anyone at this time which is sad because I used to recommend it to everyone.

1 Like

I bought it when it was on sale a couple years ago… it wasn’t bad, but I didn’t really care for it. Active Combat is not really my cup of tea, if it is yours though… then give it a whirl.

There’s no Dragonborn class and they’re about to unleash dragons upon Tamriel.

So basically, it’s a mess.

If you haven’t really played ESO before I’d give it a try over playing WoW atm.

I’ve always enjoyed Elder Scrolls lore, questing, and atmosphere. I’ve been playing ESO on a ps4 and it’s a nice change from playing WoW all the time. My biggest downside is most of the unique cosmetics, cool mounts and pets only come from the cash shop.

1 Like

The one thing I don’t like about ESO is that they forbid marco’s I use them all the time and it makes gameplay fun, it might take some time to get used to it

I have ESO but honestly completely regret purchasing it. It’s just my opinion, but I find the game really boring and clunky. Mind you, it’s been a long time since I’ve sat down and played it at length, so maybe it’s better now.

I think I was also upset that I had convinced myself it was going to be Skyrim coop… I was very wrong.

1 Like

Inless they have some kind of lighting mage still seems meh to me.

Its fun, but eventually it plateaus being a horizontal progression system. Instead of getting better gear, you’re really collecting various sets and putting together set bonuses. They change them as they go along like a trading card game, you get better by collecting new sets that may or may not be better than what you already have.

Aside from progression and gear sets though I am looking at the playability in professions or not just Progression if you know what I mean

There’s a lot of good things about it but the combat destroys it. You have to use animation cancelling and they can’t fix it so they called it a feature. Also, 95% of the game is dead except current content. Leveling is a ghost town and trying to kill the rare mob world events can have you waiting indefinitely.

Housing is cool though, but can be expensive.

1 Like