Eight World Quests

That’s always been the goal.

2 Likes

We don’t know what the full requirements are yet until someone is able to do the quest.

Yep. They should still pull the ripcord.

7 Likes

I said earlier, I would rather it be a permanent lock than this. If it’s only 2 days everyone will be expected to change and content will be tuned assuming you have the best covenant choice. We all lose here.

2 Likes

Read the article. OP left out that they believe there will be more to it than just 8 WQs they just don’t know what, if anything yet but going by what Blizzard has stated they believe there will be more to it.

1 Like

Well then hell no, you should not get that at all.

You want to swap covenants every 2 days? Go for it, but you should pay a price for that. You shouldn’t get to keep earned renown levels, you shouldn’t get to keep covenant upgrades. Those are for people who invest time and effort into their covenant progression.

Of course I fully expect Blizzard to not do that and to allow you to keep some things, but I’d be jumping for joy if they decided ‘You want to swap? Fine, but you lose your earned renown, and you lose your covenant upgrades.’

Same people would expect people to change regardless.

Why? What’s the benefit in punishment?

:thinking:

Those people did invest the time and effort into their covenant. If switching is a thing at all why take away that which was earned?

Why? You just like to see other people unhappy with design choices?

10 Likes

Being a part of a covenant is going to add another layer to my character’s identity so yes exactly like race and class.

No, ‘afterlife’ is the realm.

The Covenants are each individual societies within that one realm.

Learn the difference.

I’m not.

I am treating them like different branches of the military.

Learn the difference.

1 Like

Because choosing a covenant is supposed to be a significant choice that you make. It’s not a free talent swap. There should be a price paid if you want to keep jumping between covenants because of FOTM.

1 Like

Why? It doesn’t affect the story at all so you can’t really claim “meaningful choice” from an RP perspective.

5 Likes

It’s supposed to be and it was marketed as that, but it is not.

8 Likes

You can already change race. And we’ll be able to change gender for free in the barbershop once pre-patch hits so your ideas on identity have already flown out the window. If you don’t want to change your covenant because of some lore/RP reason, then don’t.

5 Likes

All this drama over World Content. Hilarious.

1 Like

/fixed that.

11 Likes

The Army doesn’t act like you’re betraying them if you join the Air Force and then want to come back at a later time.

5 Likes

Because it adds a two day cool down upon switching back to one you previously left.

I read the article, doesn’t change the fact that it’s still based around World Content.

Continuing the discussion from Eight World Quests:

If you look very, very closely, you will notice that the only reason people support the OP is because they want to watch other players suffer for participating in more content than they’re capable of, while they live out a fantasy in their heads of covenants being the same as factions.

16 Likes

What else was it ever going to be based on?

It is that, you just don’t want it to be that. Which is why you and yours are pushing so hard to have the choice become absolutely meaningless.

If covenants were a wall, you’d be part of the group undermining said wall, then pointing to the creators of the wall and saying “Yeah, but look, the wall isn’t working anymore. May as well knock it down.”