Eight World Quests

There’s some rough Covenant ability situations currently in beta, by the way. Rogues are best off using Necrolords for every situation in 2 out of 3 of their specs; and Sub still gets tremendous usage out of Bone Spikes, too. If you want to play a Rogue, Necrolord is just substantially stronger than the other options right now.

You do realize they have the testing phases to find the problems and find ways to fix them .

The only way you would get the so called as they intended that you want would be for them to launch it as it is pre tested buggy as all get out.

Is that what you want a game full of bugs and all other issues .

1 Like

The problem with this statement is that as long as player power is tied to covenants, there will be a correct answer. So any DK that pushes any content will be night fae. It saps away ALL the individuality when player power comes into play. Covenants should be cosmetic. Player power should be separate, period.

1 Like

i dont recall ever being declined for my legendary in legion tbh and i sucked in legion. but decling a person based on cove that i can see

The thing is most people will end up just playing the “best” covenant as is suggesting current covenant design on the beta. And I think you shouldn’t understimate people not wanting to perform worse based on a locked choice, there will be a lot of people just looking up guides just to make sure they don’t make a major mistake.

And with covenants signature abilities, they will homogenize classes. A dk gets a movement ability more, a rogue an absorb shield.

It’s one thing if covenants were specializations, but they aren’t that much.
You have 1-2 covenants really good for pve.
1 covenant really good for pvp.
1-2 useless covenant.
That’s how they’re done atm.

Tuning them perfectly can’t happen as they’re designed to be way different. So it will always look about that unless they do major reworks.

But it’s not hard… Its probably going to be based around World Content since that’s the major form of content everyone does. If Eight World quests is the first step, can’t imagine it going beyond maybe a dungeon run.

We don’t know what it will take, when all is said and done. So here’s my thought: wait until the entire system of going back to an old Covenant exists on the beta before complaining about how hard it is, or bragging about how easy it is.

Just try and be reasonable here. That’s what I’m saying.

I’ll think of a solution but in the meantime I definitely want everything that represents the covenant you’ve bonded with to be locked to your character and not shared with your alts and not usable on any toon other than your character/covenant alignment.

I have been asking for ammo and fletching for some years now. I figure why keep bringing up more things for people to complain about.

I miss crafting my poisons as well.

You are upset I get it, but this is an RPG not Modern Warfare. There is no 100% optimal for all situations. People will still play, and mythic races will still happen. All still will move forward.

Btw you can switch covenants. I don’t understand why this is an issue.

THose beta testers are probably the more dedicated players to the game .

They do the hard content for the most part . Those are the people that are actually going to do the testing Blizz needs for the expansion to succeed .

When did we ever think it was going to be hard? It was always going to be some arbitrary timegate because waiting = content to Blizzard.

2 Likes

There is though, and it will still be expected.

Personnaly one of my solution.
I would keep the signature abilities only for world content to not homogenize classes too much. And would make the combat abilities mostly about utility with no dps attached with each of them offering a different utility that could be attached to one of your spell or standalone.

Could’ve fooled me, I -swear- I equipped my AR-15 for that Motherlode I did the other night. Was I wrong? I don’t recall hitting any keybinds, pretty sure I just left clicked all the enemies.

1 Like

Nah, been playing the game since BC. I don’t watch or need streamers to tell me a simple reality.

There is a bad choice relative to the content I do. It’s not even about min/max. It’s about having the right tools for the task. Simple as that.

Legendaries showed us exactly what that world would look like.

This isn’t hypothetical though. You just don’t understand the game well enough. We have been here already. We get it. This is a rebrand of something we already had.

Started happening in higher keys. Not having the neck literally meant you would not survive some mechanics without and external. There were groups only inviting people if they didn’t have two legendaries equipped. Beyond that, the legendaries just accounted for way to much healing, damage, or mitigation. Not having the right one meant you were well behind your peers.

2 Likes

What if I want to choose a covenant without having player power tied to it? What if I want to experience the story of all the covenants? This system still does not help that

2 Likes

I’m just going to put it out there.

This is a Ralph level thread .

1 Like

I’ll think of a solution though I don’t think one is necessary as these complainers want to chase performance instead of aesthetic which I’ll never understand as we’re playing in a fantasy world not a business meeting, but I told another poster I definitely want everything that represents the covenant you’ve bonded with to be locked to you character and not shared with your alts and not usable on any toon other than your character/covenant alignment.

That has nothing to do with performance and is simply the path you’ve chosen and the people you belong to and are therefore representing so it should define your character and your character should uphold their bond - your account should not have access to your character’s personal experiences nor their defining traits.

I mean, one of the staples of the fantasy genre is the MC powering up to overcome the big boss at the end. Why is it so difficult to believe that people want the strongest ability they can get?

And as for the second part, I’m -perfectly- fine with that. I -want- to stay loyal to a covenant, so let’s untie player power from covenant selection. I can play whatever covenant I want, do whatever covenant mini-game I want, I can look how I want to look, and I can select what abilities I want for whatever content I’m about to engage in. You play the game your way, you don’t care about player power, that’s fine. I -do- care about player power, why are you more valid than I am?

4 Likes

careful… you may accidentally summon him!