Eight World Quests

This is false. Besides reporting bugs and using the confused button, which is used if a quest or objective doesn’t make sense, there is no place to give feedback on game systems in game that is specific to Beta. They encourage people to post on the forums or Reddit.

1 Like

People who talk about a “vocal minority” are trying to mislead people into believing that the majority agrees with their own decidedly minority opinion.

People who post in favor of the proposed systems have a decidedly atypical playstyle. Many have not played the game in years. To what extent does a player who doesn’t actually play the game figure into the calculation, or one who makes many thousands of posts on alts?

I think your team is the “vocal minority”.

2 Likes

Uhh, yeah there is, you click the help button and there’s a ‘submit suggestion’ button right there above ‘report bug’. It’s been there since beta started and it works perfectly fine.

Seems fair to me btw.

People are stressing about group invites for a game that hasn’t even released yet. Imagine stressing over hypothetical situations. This is all insane.

Pretty sure that goes to the same place as retail feedback which is why they give us a different button for bug reports than the one in the help menu on Beta. They encourage everyone to post on the forums with feedback.

1 Like

Have you read this thread? I think this is fantastic feedback that is directly solicited by Blizzard:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/covenants-and-your-spec-a-survey/616438/

I think there’s good feedback there and no, not posting because it’s all negative, but it’s a really cool read when trying to parse through a lot of this stuff.

Nope, it’s part of the beta client, so it and all bug reports that are submitted via that same area of the UI go to beta specific groupings.

The extra button that the beta client gets is to make it easier to report bugs, that’s all.

The ‘feedback’ that they encourage are the really long, detailed posts, since there is a character limit for suggestions submitted via the in-game option. You won’t be able to post super lengthy monologues there, but if you think a system should change and you can keep it brief, you can submit it there if you’d prefer to not waste your time with the forums.

When you didn’t have gold in Vanilla it felt terrible to swap specs. I would do it a fair amount to tank the 20 man raids for friends on my warrior when my main spec was fury for raiding. For a long time I sucked at making gold so usually I’d have them pay for my respecs because what I did have I’d be blowing my own gold after raiding for the week to PvP as arms. When duel spec became a thing it was a godsend. Then once they opened the Pandora’s box of freely swapping talents with the new talent system on a whim that was it. You can’t close Pandora’s box now with how the game is currently designed.

There was little to no variation in builds with the old Vanilla talent trees. You swapped specs. Now we can swap spec at will, and talents are specifically designed for different situations. The same goes for the covenant class abilities. I would of been fine with the utility skill and even soulbinds being locked into the covenant, but the class abilities should of always been talents.

Leveling on the beta has shown me the “meaningful choices” around the story are bupkis. You’re the legendary Maw Walker. The only being who can traverse the Maw. All the covenants want your help. If I go Necrolord, and then decide I want to help out the Night Fae, I’m pretty sure based on what I’ve seen in the story that the leader of Maldraxxus would be fine with it.

In the end the only solution they really have is making your choice of soulbind covenant agnostic and attaching the utility skill and class skill to your selected soulbind. If it’s a Night Fae soulbind you’re using you have the Night Fae skills. Keep the current reward structure they have for your chosen covenant and lock players from ever changing that. Let them gain the asthetic items only from the covenant they declare for.

At the same time open up every covenant story quests(which actually makes more sense as the Maw Walker) and let you recruit every soulbind from every covenant. The reason you pick a covenant is the asthetic rewards and then they could also give you a buff that provides a bonus to all renown gained for your declared covenant doing activities that give renown. This way you can pick the covenant you think looks best, or for the content you enjoy most and have a bonus working on it. At the same time you should be able to freely switch to another soulbind from any covenant and gain their abilities. You won’t get a bonus to renown playing these offspec covenants but that’s a trade off I’d be willing to take.

2 Likes

I would just like to experience the Covenants before any radical changes, all I’m asking. I shouldn’t have to live vicariously through Beta testers with a negative opinion of the game.

It’s not like this is something new. We all know what this is going to mean for the game. Released or not, the outcome is easy to see.

Just think of it like this. When groups were forming and looking for players with certain legendaries, this is that. Not having the right one meant you were going to fall behind.

1 Like

I actually have a pretty positive opinion of the content I’ve played and how the soulbinds and class skills work for my DK and Paladin. I just don’t the implementation of the systems and the arbitrary barriers they have placed on a bonus talent tree and 2 skills. Like I’ve said in many posts the “meaningful choice” on the story is a joke. The covenants are sending you from one to the next to help each other out in the leveling story, then out of nowhere they won’t give you access to their skills? Again it’s not the content itself that is bad, just the implementation of the systems that is a massive failure. Just like the RNG legendary items in Legion at launch, or how high level Azerite gear required neck levels much higher than people could possibly have at launch. It’s an arbitrary barrier that isn’t fun.

Ran away with their tail between their legs? Oh wait. Worgens don’t have tails.

No the outcome is based on a narrative presented by streamers. You think there are wrong and right choices. What I am presenting is something liberating and true.

There is no “bad” choice if you enjoy it. This is a game not a financial decision about where to invest your money for retirement.

All these hypothetical situations reveal anxiety disorders in a lot of people. Relax and play. Let it all play out instead of predicting and obsessing.

You do realize that Blizzard hadn’t implemented the quest for changing your Covenant back until this latest beta build, right? We didn’t know what it would take, just Blizzard’s statements about it being somewhat difficult.

And, quoting directly from Wowhead:

This is the first step in a series of at least two steps.

So there may be more things involved after doing the progress bar.

I get that you have a fanatical hatred of Mythic raiders, but at least try to use some critical thinking here.

4 Likes

There are objectively bad choices where certain skills are pretty much unusable in some situations. Like a Venthyr mage with no Player casters, or NPC casters to use his skill on. It’s just a button you don’t press.

More important question: If we do the story on one covenant then change can we do their story as well?

You really think people hate mythic raiders??

Let me say this: My mind doesn’t think like that at all. I am looking at this game as a MMORPG. RPG means something to those of us who enjoy the genre.

This game has few RPG elements as is and removing more means they need to change the genre. Difficult choices are a part of playing an RPG always has been.

No one is thinking about “Mythic Raiders” at all. Removing the change restrictions weakens the overall story. A side effect of this is players who min/max will be uncomfortable. No one is “hating” anyone. Can’t believe I had to explain that.

I am very specifically referring to the OP of this thread, Sonechka, who earlier this week blamed the prepatch Ghoul changes on “Mythic raiders whining” and who wrote this post about Covenant swapping being about how, and I quote, “Mythic players… are so intimidated by eight world quest[s].”

2 Likes

It’s not fanatical hatred; it’s just the constant push to sim numbers and find ‘the optimal’ build gets irritating. Even Bellular endorsed investing into raidbots because ‘that’s how to play the game.’

Not one covenant choice is like you described. Again we all gotta be honest if this is a true discussion.

DK’s are in an uproar about their abilities but honestly the Necrolord abilities have far reaching potential in a lot of situations when combined with other abilities in your tool kit.