Eh the tuning on delves is okay for 2player. maybe overtuned for 3player

8s are comparable difficulty, everyone trying to do them now is less geared then they would be trying to do M+, especially at the crest-farming stage of M+. Doing a D8 at 590 ilvl and lv30 Brann is considerably easier today than it was a few days ago at 580 and lv15 Brann. Still harder than M0 but like… it should be.

D7s still give champ drops + hero vault.

D4-D6 give champ vaults, better than LFR.

And it’s guaranteed loot. No drop chance. You get it every time.

If they wanted to slow people down they would’ve made it where you had to complete x amount of delves to reach the next rank up or had to have a certain item level to continue

There are many things they could have done. That’s why I said:

1 Like

I would legit bring a tank with some rares on to 15-18s in DF (8s in s4). Gear is basically meaningless even at a much higher level than you’re implying. They just had 3200+ io and knew what they were doing so we blasted it.

Even just by the numbers the difference between entry level LFR power and fully equipped mythic is only like a 30% boost. That’s not as much as you all seem to think and it certainly isn’t enough to fix stupid.

I saw that but I remain uncertain as to why this whole schmozzle wasn’t fixed or addressed prior to launch. Did they not test it? Was it not looked at during the various phases of testing from Alpha uptwards?

This is a symptom of a company who has decided the follow the sad path of certain other games, to wit, put it out incomplete or wonky and tinker with it as people complain; to treat customers as crash test dummies. If this is Mr Metzen’s idea of being creative (in his role as Creative Director of Warcraft) then I dunno what to say. He needs to get more hands on to fix what is obviously broken in the company.

First iteration was too easy. This is more in line. Actually still too easy vs raiding or mythic

Well, they have no real QA department from my knowledge, since they did that layoff a while back. And they didn’t even think about cadence or how they could keep it relevant and slower paced through the season.

So it’s a mixture of not thought out and no one to really test it.

Except us. Live. :expressionless:

1 Like

Ok? Not sure what the point is here, anyone who knows what they are doing can also clear a D8 while under the ilvl par.

And if a D8 is too hard, then … do lower delve levels. Work up to 8s instead of trying them in week 1 and throwing a fit at not reaching the end of progression that fast.

Sigh what are they doing to this game I’ve loved for 15 years?

Shoving stuff out the door after throwing darts at a board, because Microsoft wants it out quicker to keep the numbers up.

The point you don’t understand is that gear doesn’t matter that much so you can’t really out-gear the issues here. It’s Brann’s inability to tank and mobs that both hit too hard and can’t be locked down or cc’d. (There are some situations I’ve been in where there is literally nothing I can do but die because no button exists to counter the thing in my guys kit.)

So no you can’t clear it by just being good you need specific set ups or groups. (The group scaling before honeslty was what made them do-able easily before.)

And you don’t seem to understand that this is comparable to a +3. I really shouldn’t be sitting there theory crafting builds and gear combinations specifically to clear entry level content. (It’s fine to expect that of the boss guy though.)

It’s only been 3 days.

That’s like a lifetime.

absolutely, this is a time based profit system

:dracthyr_a1:

I am dying to Zekvir ??, I hope for a nerf soon

Why does everything need to be slow? Drip fed content, drip fed keys, drip fed gear, drip drip drip. Why? If someone wants to take their time, then they can take their time, why does there need to be a gate locking everyone to the same? Personally, I want to get in achieve my goals for the season and then go on to play other things. I’ve never met a single person outside of these forums that’s like, “yeah, gear drops need to slow down and so does accessibility to content” in the last 19 years that I have played this game.

I was in an active guild from WotLK - WOD. They’ve all slowly left over time and now there’s 3 (if you count me) of us that still play out of the original 25 we used to have. Most of my friends that played have tried coming back, met with the time-gating (granted, they came back for SL which was super timegatey) and dipped within a month because they didn’t like the drip feed. I don’t blame them.

This game is a lot more fun to me when I am able to gear something up quickly. Why? Because I get to experience it from multiple perspectives. When I have an easier time gearing, I tend to gear out multiple toons and multiple roles. That is fun to me. When getting gear becomes arduous, I lose interest and eventually just leave the game cause I don’t care anymore.

I was enjoy Delves. I’ve done the majority of them solo (I did all my Tier 8s today solo), but I get so frikin’ bored doing them solo. They’re just not fun. I finally, yesterday morning, started helping my friends through them with a couple of alts (I made them catch up to T8 cause I didn’t want to go back and run the lower levels again cause I don’t find them fun). To my surprise (before their hotfix borked things) I was actually enjoying doing these in a 2-3 person group. Communicating with friends and having a fun time finding all the treasures and the jars, etc. On my own? God no, they’re boring AF. Easily doable, but boring AF.

They don’t need to keep slowing things down. All time-gating does for me is show that Blizzard isn’t confident in the content they’re delivering that it has replayability or will hold someone’s interest long-term, so they feel the need to spoon feed it to people.

A few of us stated in the Delve Feedback thread that these things weren’t that challenging, and we got roasted by the masses who were in there begging for them to be nerfed. I am in no way surprised that we are doing 8s as soon as we are. But, people will also be doing M+10s next week too and capping out those difficulty tiers. The skill level in this game is a spectrum; can’t tune it to fit every single level on that spectrum, unfortunately.

Dear God, no.

I plan to finish the season journey and get the mounts, and maybe farm undercoin when needed for any alt gear tokens here and there, but beyond that, I’ll likely not come back into these things once my season journey is finished. I am almost to the 4th unlock on the journey, so only a little bit longer… Lol. Fortunately, after next week and getting my M+ gear it will make it significantly faster.

2 Likes

The same dungeons over and over again get boring regardless. If player base is no cohesive and playing together anymore then you have to have solo content. I dont see people talking about a true plague to the game. Its a sickness in the core of all that is Azeroth. Gold farming services! Selling raids, items, runs, its so toxic to people taking on meaningful challenges. The economy could be fixed with moderators and have a meaningful craft system. We have warbands now why not deepen the crafts so that your warband has to work together to make the items you want. If someone said there are not bots running AH or trade chat you would be a liar. Much bigger issues than delves and M+.

Because it was supposed to last the entire season, with us working our way up.

Did you walk into +20 keys automatically?

That’s what Delves are supposed to be like for open world players and casuals who don’t do a lot of end game. This was our end game. And people are trying to devour it in days. Then what? What happens after that? You’re bored for the next four months or however long?

Wrath was literally drip-fed gearing. So I don’t know what you’re on about. We went months without winning drops in raids. Open world was nonexistent outside of dailies and those barely got you gear. Badge gear was laughed at as welfare gear.

This focused towards open world and casuals who don’t do the higher stuff. This is our content. I’m sure as heck not devouring it that fast. I’m gonna chill with Brann and let my season ride.

yeah the tuning on these seems ok if you run 2 players. just run them with 2 people imo.

It still can/is? Some of us just worked our way up faster? We don’t need to be arbitrarily slowed to match those who move at a slower pace.

I walked into 20s as soon as my skill level allowed me to; it’s not uncommon for me to have a max gear level dungeon first week of the season done for my vault, at minimum.

And it still is/can be? Why does everyone else, though, have to be slowed down? If it’s YOUR endgame then you can take your time and progress as fast as your skill level allows YOU to progress. My skill level allows me to progress much quicker in this content. I shouldn’t be forced to slow down to match your rate. That’s the issue with saying “it needs to go slower” or “it needs to last all season.” Not everyone plays at the same rate as others; the content needs to be available and player agency decides how fast they get through the content. No one should be dictating that for the player but the player and their skill level.

I had no problem gearing characters well to jump around on alts back in WotLK. Granted, I was also in high school and had all the time in the world. But I raided every single raid every week, did too many dungeons (unfortunately) and always had a ton of badges to spend. That said, WotLKC when I went back did not live up to the nostalgia, lol, and was far too slow current me (granted, it was always far too easy content too).

And that is perfectly fine. You can take as long as you want! I don’t care; if you want to take the next two months to get to a +6 delve, then have at it. But it doesn’t need to be slowed down for the rest of us who clear it much quicker.

I want the rewards from the seasonal journey and I’ll do it until i get those, but then I’ll never come back unless I want to gear an alt fairly fast to jump into keys straight after hitting 80. That’s okay too.

TLDR: I don’t give a flying monkey how fast you go through content; I just don’t want to be slowed down because someone else is taking their time when my getting through it has absolutely NO bearing on them, and their getting through it shouldn’t have any bearing on me.

2 Likes