Earthen Gem Eating Racial being FIXED

Update

Literally the only thing I wanted. Finally a word from a BLUE with a proposed fix

FYI If you want to Know how Belga is? She is an NPC that sells flavored Gems.

Original POST

So earthen are great but they have a Major flaw that looks fine on paper but will Rear its ugly head when M+ and PvP Season 1 starts next week.

Currently you have to bug a mage every time you log on for several stacks of food, great. I’m fine with them having a permanent well fed buff and not being able to use buff food. They NEED a way regain Health/Mana in group content without a Mage and without Spending a ton of Gold on Gems! Otherwise you are saying “You picked Earthen? I hope you got some deep pockets buddy”

The best way to fix this is create a simple conjure gemstone racial. That way they stay munching on Gems for the fantasy of the race. Another Option is to add a “Gemchunk” Based food just for earthen to all the Innkeepers/vendors

Also they lose their “Well Fed” buff when they die. Thats a LOT of gold on gems!!! If this is a bug you need to fix it Blizz

27 Likes

This is one possible solution for them. I like it. The other solution I can think of, that would give some cool racial flavor, is to have “gem food” specific to them, that regenerates health/mana at the same rate as mage food, and costs the same as regular food.

This part, at least, I believe is a bug.

5 Likes

so become a jeweler. Problem solved.

Eating Gems just gives you the well fed buff it does nothing for health/mana.

Just wait till M+ starts next week. This issue is going to BLOW UP

5 Likes

No it is wont. There is such a thing as mana, health, and regen pots.

yea ok 1500 gold mana regen pots atm vs 2 gold for a drink from the inn keeper, totes comparable

14 Likes

Become an alchemist. Problem solved.

Wise to know when you are being trolled and to backoff. Hes trolling you

5 Likes

Unless they changed it you can just do a follower dungeon to load up on mage food…its nice and easy.

Load in, grab food, drop group and get out

2 Likes

Nah. It’s on blizzard to make their game playable, not on the player to find weird workaround for their incompetence.

17 Likes

I think the easiest solution is they just create a racial where if they remain seated out of combat they regen health and mana at the same rate that the max food/Water would do. Never NEEDing food or water is a great selling point for the Race. Its not an OP racial because thats literally a mage.

3 Likes

This is also going to be a huge issue for arena healers. Being an earthen healer will just straight up lose you a long game on occasion because of this

1 Like

Yea only being able to drink mage food for mana regen is wild. I think the best decision is to create an Earthren “mana meade” that we can buy in Dornogal. The lore makes sense, they have their own meaderies, just make an item that just Earthren can drink to restore mana after pulls in m+

3 Likes

A conjure gemstone racial would be nice. Work like conjure healthstones you have 1 with multiple charges and its soulbound but you can use it for health/mana restore. Maybe even give it the lowest versiom of the wellfed buff if its going to fall off on death.

Would also work well in future expansions when people arent farming tww gems as often.

1 Like

Let me confirm they CAN eat gems to regain Health/Mana but they have to be CUT gems from this xpax and carrying stacks of those WILL BE $$$ on your GOld wallet

This would 100% be a fix. Added to OP

I’m sure they will, but it’s going to take blizz until the next major patch to put it in lols.

1 Like

Yea, that’s crazy too though. Let me find a cut gem in the AH rq, will get back to you

2 Likes

Until it’s fixed, if you queue for a follower dungeon, you open with a mage table. Snag the food when you log in and then leave the dungeon.

3 Likes

gems are only 100g? Who cares really.

This is a decent work around but wont help arena folks next week. All that vanishes when they enter a Q for 3s or whatnot

They have to be cut gems. So no they are 1k + and they have to be from this xpax

3 Likes