What are your thoughts on Earthen racials?

The passive needs to match the best food and also have primary stats

The active needs to bypass normal spells disabling blocking, dodging, and parrying

There needs to be a vendor for Earthen to buy food and water from

6 Likes

The inability to drink anything is probably a bug, if not it needs to change

2 Likes

I want my money back on the race change at this point. It’s ridiculous, I literally can’t play my healer without buying a crap load of expensive gems to use to “drink”. The food buff is significantly less than when was expected. Since you can’t get main stat with it anyway you would think it would be on par with the best secondary stat food. That or just let us get main stat. Fix it blizzard, please fix this. At least before next expansion. Jesus christ.

1 Like

The fact that they can’t regen mana without spending 1000g on cut gems pretty much makes them a meme race, in my opinion. Like “showroom only”.

1 Like

Explains why my gems been selling a lot lately…

1 Like

We’re working on some updates to Earthen eating.

First, we recognize that the Earthen Well Fed secondary stat bonus is not providing the intended power level. We’re increasing that effect.

Secondly, we’re making Belga’s gems edible to Earthen, improving their quality, and greatly reducing their cost.

We’ll let you know when the hotfixes to make these adjustments go live.

84 Likes

This is good to hear.

Double the Well Fed secondary stat bonus, and also have it grant [level * 3] Main stat as well or something.

Make their “Spell cast” just be instant at max rank at all times.

Give them 100 bonus finesse at least because yikes.

4 Likes

Awesome thank you :smiley:

Would it be too gready to ask for azerite surge to be buffed as well?
Right now its only use is when you literally have no other attacks available. And even then…

Does this also include the ability to drink water that isn’t mage water?

1 Like

Please also fix the mana drinking issue. Right now Earthen healers (or any caster that needs mana) can’t drink to regain mana because of the interaction with their well-fed racial. Unless there’s going to be a cheap/free mana gem we can eat instead?

What about earthen drinking? I hear they can’t drink to restore mana. Or has that been addressed already?

Oh, but to answer you question, OP. I love the earthen! I think they look fantastic. Their lore, and the way we went about unlocking them was awesome. I’m also very fond of that racial ability where you throw some azerite power! Azerite spells always lookes super cool, and so does this one.

2 Likes

Nightborne? Undead? Blood Elf? Draenei? And the many other racials that are just awful?

What about them? Or are we just subjected to alliance being BiS by a mile still?

3 Likes

Belga’s gems being edible allows Earthen to eat/drink to recover health and mana.

19 Likes

Thank you for this. Will they be made available to littles out in the world at normal innkeepers? Pretty please?

:cookie:

10 Likes

Well done.

Having a racial with a negative effect was putting a damper on the fun

I like them, I’ve always been a fan of dwarves and these look cool. I love the different starter gear they get as well, looks really good.

It’s starting to get a bit boring though with all these slight variations of other races.

1 Like

I know the Well Fed buff is more for endgame content, but is there any chance we can get vendors in faction capitals for easier access in early levels?

2 Likes

As long as gem mana recovery is comparable to drink at 80, I’m cool with it.

A vendor in each capital.

Or let earthen use the Donegal portal right away.

It’s their home, why can’t they stop by?

9 Likes

If only there was as a testing area where very basic aspects like a race not being able to drink for mana could have been addressed months ago.

6 Likes