Earthen Allied Race... Cool?

I don’t mind them being a allied race,I want one because I never created one. I got plans for this one :smirk:

I’d rather had gotten mogu or something still. If we are looking at stone races.

Instead of Stonebob SquarePants

It’s just a boring turn key production gimmick. Seriously they are so lazy and looking for anything intern level of development to shove down our throats.

1 Like

I’m indifferent and likely won’t play one. I have no interest in a stone dwarf. I’m pretty content with regular dwarf and fire dwarf, and really at this point in my gaming I really just want Saberon.

2 Likes

At least we did have the Dracthyr and their visage form. :robot::+1:

Although we might need to wait to see if they look good in race specific clothes if I remember my old bad take on the pandaren appearance. :robot::thought_balloon:

I don’t really find the visage forms to be pretty :thinking: most of their special customizations tend to make them look masculine somehow. They are colorful and fun sure. Like m&ms.

Correct /10chars

They’re kind of cool, though for the game’s 20th anniversary and IP’s 30th, I expected something crazier. If they were one of 2 or 3 new races, that would be way cool. I do wonder if Midnight will bring us Ethereals :0

Still, anything new is welcome to me – I love making alts :slight_smile:

The biggest red flag during that blizzcon event was when that person got up on stage and announced the new AR and said something along the lines of “cause everybody loves dwarves” to a resounding response of crickets from the audience. Dwarves are one of those races that people say they really like, but the vast majority don’t actually play.

I mean, in terms of actual popularity, dwarves probably aren’t that much more played than pandas or DS trolls. Which is to say you barely ever see them in-game at all.

Completely apathetic, the Dracthyrs at DF brought a “cool” factor and were a true new race.

The Earthens? I fail to see any cool thing that would make me even create one. They are just reskinned dwarves for me.
Due to time constraints, I wouldn’t play extensively any new races but if it was a true unique race like the Tuskarrs / Sephraks, i would have considered to create one for fun.

Look, I’m fine with Dwarf players finally getting something that fits their fantasy. I just don’t understand why they’re neutral. I don’t want Dwarves on the Horde side, especially not when there’s also Nerubians, who I feel much more passionate about.

are they dwarves but made from rock??

The issue with Earthen is that I can think of both much worse and much better choices. They are so inoffensive that they are in danger of the ultimate doom… being forgettable.

1 Like

can they be made from crystal instead

Fairly uninterested.

are they made from stone lava or crystal

Copy/paste races are boring and lazy.

Fresh new races are exciting and new.

No one cheerd or clapped when earthens dwarves were introduced it was silence.

Actions speaks louder than words.

are you saying this
race is copy paste??

They need to make these races just alternative skins instead of whole new races, and just focus on making new unique species as races to select. Im tired of different flavor elves, dwarves and humans.