Earthen Allied Race... Cool?

San’layn are perfect allied race for Next.
This Expansion I want the Nerubians.

I will have to wait to see their story and customisation before i make up my mind.

But their hight gives them potential.
And ive seen a beard i would use and be happy with. So maybe.

1 Like

So we can play a san’layn san’layn blood DK? Hell yeah!

They are just very neutral with no flavour, which I find personally boring.

The irony behind it all is the amount of threads on the forums requesting more neutral content, a merger of factions, no more PvP, and a re-balancing of the Dwarf racials.

Being a Dwarvern race that is available to both factions, Earthern should be popular amongst all these complaints, but the complaints continue and the race has started with a bad impression. I personally wish the DEVs would have stuck to creating flavoured allied races as opposed to pandering to neutral concept, as what we’ve ended up with is something few people appear to want.

Maybe they will have great new animations and that will make everything better, who knows.

1 Like

Apathy means I wouldn’t care.

It’s a copy paste with a different coat of paint.

Feels lazy and boring. Never really liked dwarfs, their animations are meh.

So this part of the expansion I don’t care about.

They’re cool, but I need options for rock beards. Metallic hair or normal hair feels wrong for them.

Earthen playable race should look like old earthen model from Wrath of the lich king

I think the main issue with all the fuss about the Earthen is that Blizzard apparently presented them at BlizzCon as if they were a “big feature” or a standout element in the expansion, when they could have announced something else instead and kept the Earthen as a surprise.

But who knows, maybe it’s a marketing move, and perhaps we’ll see more “audience-relevant races” revealed as the expansion progresses.

That’s a good possibility, especially since Blizzard has recently been building a lot of suspense around their announcements.

I’m completely disinterested in playing dwarves. I’d like to get a new playable race that is actually new–not just reskins.

And, oh god, pleasepleaseplease not the Tuskarr. The totally freak me out :stuck_out_tongue: And those turtle people as well.

Crystal beards and crystal hairs should have been a thing for them. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

1 Like

it is rumored that they are adding 1/2 elves after they saw your comment

Just choose short ears.

1/2 elves have ears as long as their legs

You’re thinking of gnomes.

Honestly, I dislike the idea of most of the allied races. Earthen just seem especially lazy since they are just making neutral dwarves with different skin textures.

Instead of getting one of dozens of unique races in the game, they are giving us a rocky dwarf. Of course I’m disappointed. I couldn’t care less about lore reasons or anything else, if a race can be summarized as a customization option for an existing race then it shouldn’t exist as a separate race.

Just dwarves with gems at the moment. I don’t know if that is enough to be cool or not. Will check them out and their customizations when they become available. Not sure I’ll play one as I am playing less these days and already have a ton of characters.

1 Like

Don’t hate or love them. I’m just… indifferent. I’ll still make one and throw it on the pile of - “Leveled for the Heritage Armor” - alts I’ve got.

2 Likes

what if they have angel wings

I would like a new pretty race.

1 Like

what if they were made from crystals and had wings???