Earth Shock animation changed / bugged

I just returned from a year-ish break and noticed that the cast animation for Earth Shock is bugged (or I would hope not intentionally changed). Your character used to put their hand up to the sky, similarly to the Earthquake animation, but now it just uses your race’s generic cast animation – so it looks exactly the same as one of your lightning bolt / primordial wave / etc casts.

This bothers me, because my Shaman’s animations now look very repetitive, and pressing Earth Shock just feels much less powerful or fun. Can this please be addressed?

3 Likes

bumpity bump bump blizzard fix this NOW

1 Like

hand up to the sky and a cool stone comes from underground to impale the enemy

now that getting maelstrom is slow at least make “finishers” cool but nah

indy company u know

They could use the Earthspike animation Enhance had before but I like the lightning effect on impact elemental had/has? Not sure, haven’t played elemental in a while.

they could use so many COOL animations for shamans , Dragonflight has been about elementals (and Dragons lol) but elementals has been like “half” the expansion.

Look no further than raids , the amount of Earth spikes this expansion has is insane lol

Eranos , terros , Opalfang, Neltharion …

yet shamans players are still casting that lame earth shock that has 20 years…

the question is why art team works x1000 harder on bosses that players , because most hero specs barely have any visuals , and if it has they are reused from removed skills lol

(hunter owl and black arrow for example)

Also why did they work harder on a single expansion’s throw-away content, i.e. covenant Soulshape forms for Shadowlands, and not at least reuse some of those forms by adding more shaman ghost wolf customization options.

i would love to be a ghost-corgi again :smiley:

I’ve been reporting that bug alongside a couple other animations bugs on this thread Shaman Earth Shock animation bug for over half and year now, and I also report it weekly with the in-game bug report feature.

Shaman animations seem to break every other patch and if by the time TWW launches those are not fixed I’ll move from updating that thread every major patch to every week.

We already suffer from underwhelming spell effects and lack of good animations and I will not sit idly until the good ones we do have are fixed.

2 Likes

It is now patch 11.0.2 and the spells Healing Wave and Earth Shock are still bugged and missing their animations.

2 Likes

It is now The War Within’s official launch and Earth Shock is still missing it’s correct animation and Healing Wave is still missing it’s visual effect entirely.

It is now the first week after The War Within’s official launch and Earth Shock is still missing it’s correct animation and Healing Wave is still missing it’s visual effect.

It is now the second week after The War Within’s official launch and Earth Shock is still missing its spell casting animation and Healing Wave is still missing its visual effect.

It is now the third week after The War Within’s official launch and Earth Shock is still missing its spell casting animation and Healing Wave is still missing its visual effect.

1 Like