Dynamic Flight is Ableist

Hello folks. This is not click bait but a call for some help bringing to light an issue within the new flight mindset. I have been playing WoW since 2006 and have found way to adapt how I play to fit my unique needs as a disabled person. I am a clicker by necessity as my fingers, wrists, and arms are severely affected by my disability. All that said, while I feel like dynamic flight is really cool, it is very inconvenient to me as a disabled person. I love that static flight is an option but it is far slower than dynamic by about 5-7x. Going into TWW we have been told we will need a pathfinder esque achievement to be able to static fly while getting dynamic day 1. I think this choice isn’t terrible as static is seen as lazy, but I feel it is ableist without the intention for it to be.
Let me be clear, I prefer for fly using the old style of flight but due to how slow it is; I have been forced into staying in the city as I find dynamic flight to be taxing on me leading to a much smaller world. Please Blizzard hear me on this. I love your game and have been a loyal customer. I can’t be the only disabled person struggling to this change. Help…

7 Likes

They still have a chip on their shoulder about static flying or whatever you want to call it.

2 Likes

So you played the entirety of Dragonflight but now it’s a problem?

Huh?

10 Likes

Actually no I took long breaks between patches cause I feel unseen.

2 Likes

TWW is just explore all areas and do all the quests to get static flying. I get vertigo and dizziness so I do mostly static as well. But this is not pathfinder. Pathfinder was earn all the reps up to a point and find the treasures as well as do the quests and explore.

I wouldn’t mind if they make it unlockable in Dorn, but also it won’t take me long. I’ll prioritize that so it’s done.

2 Likes

Blizzard is constantly working on accessibility updates and I’m still getting research interviews and surveys sent to me about dynamic flying updates, because they will continue to work on things.

Let’s cut the drama. Here’s what one of the devs said earlier about updates they’ve been working on:

13 Likes

Ok, but I don’t remember you making a thread claiming “ableist” when normal flying was locked away for the majority of the expansion lol.

1 Like

Omg this is huge news

1 Like

And there will most likely be more moving forward. They’ve made this a priority. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, my hands don’t always work well. And I have neurological disorders from Long COVID. So it took me a long time to learn dynamic flying. Check your accessibility options in game and see what helps you best.

Yes, I have stayed quiet too long. I am sorry for that. But even if you doubt me, I promise I am being fully sincere.

1 Like

Ok, so explain again how flying in TWW is ableist considering how fast everyone will be getting it.

1 Like

Pathfinder achievements are ableist against people with ADD

How fast will people who can’t use dynamic flight to do the unlock be able to do it?

I don’t know, how fast can you level? Considering most people will be getting it while leveling, you tell me lol.

1 Like

If people have that much of an issue with dynamic flight then requiring them to level with dynamic flight in order to unlock static flight is where people take issue I believe.

3 Likes

Huh? How is it required? You literally just level like every other expansion prior to Dragonflight lol.

1 Like

Here’s a challenge for you: complete all of the Dragonflight content required for its pathfinder with only a ground mount. Then lets talk about what fast means.

Clearly you haven’t actually seen what’s required for normal flying in TWW lol.

Waiting for the thread lock… :popcorn:

Even with how easy it is to unlock static flying, it’s weird that the unlock is even there to begin with. Especially when we’ll have a superior form of flight at launch.

3 Likes