Dynamic but not static flying day 1 in War Within? Let's get some answers

Your mention of Ferrari had me chuckling considering even Jay Leno won’t own one because of all the hoops you have to jump through in order to buy one. lol My favorite story was a local wealthy businessman, who already owned a few Ferrari’s, suing them over not being allowed the opportunity to buy the latest special Ferrari at the time.

roadandtrack. com/car-culture/a31846/preston-henn-lawsuit-dropped/

1 Like

Exactly , locking it behind a campaign that they can’t even play is ridonkulous. There are a bunch of people who still can’t play dragonflight because of the restriction now.

2 Likes

Tbh, I don’t think that you were going purchase WW anyway. This is a huge victory for TBC flyers and you take that victory lap.

Tbh I think everyone is way too heavily dependent on flying in gerneal

1 Like

What a strange world we live in lol

1 Like

Actually a very good point. DRing does make it a bit harder to actually look at the scenery youre passing over compared to old flight where youre just a passenger on the plane with a window seat, lol

1 Like

You know how stubborn and resistant to change the WoW community is lol. If a Classic player or a returning retail player comes back they may never try it because it’s a “system”.

I think you’re underestimating how huge the DF zones are. Far, far bigger than the old world zones.

It will be really funny to see people crying for speed buffs to old outdated flying because it takes them 10 minutes to get from one side of a zone to the other, rather then the few minutes that dynamic flight can.

Anything to demonize old flying.

This is just a guess, but could this decision be due to how the new zones will supposedly be stacked vertically? Maybe dynamic flight limitations/vigor will be used to gate our progress into the different zones. If this were the case, then TBC flying could potentially break the devs’ intended experience.

That’s the only thing I can think of to justify not allowing TBC flying from the beginning.

Things change. You’re saying we shouldn’t have changes, just because. It’s like saying we shouldn’t have class changes and should go back to how class design was in wrath because what’s wrong with class design that was entirely acceptable back then? Why not go back to vanilla class design? It worked for a long time before TBC came out.

Yeah… that’s not how people are normally wired.

Nah it is possible to infinitely fly vertically with dragonriding.

1 Like

Change can be a mixed bag… sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Removing something is rarely good though.

Even with class changes, when people got upset with them it was often due to something being removed.

2 Likes

In other words, they’ve designed the terrain and content so people who struggle with dragonriding will have to use it nonetheless to complete the requirements for normal flying.

Translation: “You people who claim to have a disability aren’t working the game like two jobs as I like to pretend I do. I’m a real gamer, and a real gamer never needs to look at a map, because they know everything. They never deal with household responsibilities, they just let other people in their household cater to them.”

I guess Blizzard is still working on the assumption that the game will be more successful if a lot of people who are still playing are purged from it.

6 Likes

I’m enjoying the puppet show.

it’s not a huge victory in any way shape or form…

people are still forced to use dynamic flight to level, do the max level campaign and explore the entire new zones…

for what reason? why did blizzard do this?

5 Likes

Yes because the majority of people playing WoW are disabled :joy: :rofl: :joy:

If one type of flying is available, they both should be available…or neither should be available and have the same unlock requirements.

5 Likes

The same reason Mario bros players are forced to jump on top of things I imagine.

I see you enjoy mocking people who struggled to use dynamic flying. Especially it seems it bothers you that they won’t get over their disability or impairment as you think you would have if you hadn’t chosen to be born without a disability. This says more about you than about the people who, for a variety of reasons, find it difficult or just don’t like it.

5 Likes