Dynamic but not static flying day 1 in War Within? Let's get some answers

AFK is honestly nobody’s business except the person AFKing. No, that person doesn’t care one way or another about flying, they’re just trying to rile people up…aka trolling.

1 Like

I had a hunter murder of crows me right off my mount WAY up in the air a long while ago.
I pass by him on my way to my death…hes on a glider, lmao.

People seem to focus on the ability to hover a lot. I wonder if that could be addressed (assuming that’s the same thing Blizzard is concerned about). Something like, after 30 seconds of being stationary, your mount starts to tire and slowly descends? How would people feel about that?

2 Likes

The bot argument is utterly ridiculous, we’ve all seen armies of bots glitching through the air/terrain, they don’t even need mounts lol

6 Likes

I don’t see it that way. The new zone is like a new game. You need to unlock flying just like you did way back in 2.0.

yeah…Ive mentioned something like this a few times. IF AFK flight is worrying Ion so badly he cant sleep at night the fix is easy enough. If your old flight mount isnt moving forward, its falling from the skies in the same way a DRing mount is.

But instead we’d rather torment lesser abled players with waiting a year and then more PF, lol

1 Like

That would be a valid point if it weren’t for the fact that people can use dynamic flight from day one without an unlock.

7 Likes

exactly.
Ive seen a few dual boxers as well out there, so its not slowing anyone down who wants to do what they do…boxing or botting.

They just need something to rail and foam at to impress us all with their dragonriding prowess, Id suppose. lol.

Live and let live.
Let players have old flight for god sake and stop whimpering about it.

LMAO.
seems simple and quite obvious doesnt it?
they either pretend to be obtuse…or maybe they are…

3 Likes

I don’t ever see any bots on my tiny realm.

Ive seen both bots and boxers since about a month into the expansion on Daggerspine

Traditional flight makes the exploration side of the game more fun for me. I have time to take in the sights and observe the terrain in detail from whatever distance I choose.

And it’s just good as a general wind down to a session.

At the same time, it was fast and efficient for outdoor activities (which I thrive on).

4 Likes

What do they look like? What do they do? I spend almost all my time out flying around on the dragon isles. I never see anything that looks like a bot.

Oh, well, at least we our getting this out of the way early. I guess that’s a good thing to start now, maybe in a year it won’t be a thing.

They camp those hyper spawn points grinding gold. Also they do gathering, but they don’t need mounts for that because they can teleport or fly without them.

Those are actual players. They have yelled at me when I join them accusing me of griefing. But I was just trying to complete the world quest that was there. Like that one area with the gnolls down by Iskara? They’re usually from latin american servers and probably this how they get battlenet cash to play stuff. I’ve had conversations with them.

Well on Illidan ( a very big server ) they are almost all bots. I kill them in world pvp and they don’t even bother fighting back or saying anything.

I don’t like dragon riding/dynamic riding at all. I don’t like micro managing movement. I hope they change this to include both.

3 Likes

boxers just stay in their packs.
bots will general do some weird movements that a real player wont.
Like Ive seen them make a ‘V’ path back over to a spot instead of just doing what you or I would do and make as straight a shot as possible.
Ive watched them do it over and over for a bit, then I’ll report if its obviously bot behavior.

You cant often just tell by looking…you have to watch them for a bit most of the time looking for unnatural movement/behavior…especially if its repetitive.

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ll try to pay more attention.

1 Like