DX12 Doesn't Work In 10.2

It happened on earlier PTR builds. Up until Monday night I had been on the most recent PTR build on DX12 without any issues. Not sure what happened between Monday and Tuesday, other than “patch happens.”

:smile:

1 Like

RX 6800XT here. Same problem eve tried going back to driver 23.9.1 to see if loads on DX12 and nothing. So I guess we are stuck using DX11 for now.

1 Like

RX 6600 here, and I’m having the same issues!

1 Like

7900xt, also having these issues.

Same issue here with the RX6600, im using the 22.5.1 drives( it was the one that didn’t make my pc crashes :stuck_out_tongue: ) .
Also having memory leaks problems , idk if its relatable to dx11 or something but its painful

My driver crashes with Amd on a 7900xt have been occurring since 10.1.7 here, there was another thread about this issue that a blue locked claiming it wasnt related to the op anymore which it was. But the solution we have discovered to stop the driver crashes is to use DX 11, which is unfortunate as we would prefer to use DX 12. Crashing multiple times a day however just isnt worth the effort.

These issues cant be 100% related only to a problem on Amds side, as this issue does not occur in ANY other game tested using dx 12, ONLY wow and only 10.1.7 and after.

1 Like

Same issue RX 6700 XT

Waiting out the non responsive window seemed to work. I left it hanging in limbo and walked away. When I can back 5 minutes later, it was running. Tested it and it loads instantly again. I couldn’t say what caused it but it seems that initial load needs to complete before the game works for us AMD users

4 Likes

Holy smokes, that worked. It’s loading normally again. I let it hang for about 3 mins.

Hell yea, that worked for me! Hanged for about 5 minutes, now it starts immediately like it should. <3

worked for me too. just left it to go get a drink and came back to it being booted up. (took about 3 min with 6900 XT)

it does works , but if i close and re-open the game it takes 5~7 minutes to start working again.

You hung on the black screen or the white ?

Howdy!

This issue is being investigated by our team as quickly as possible! As others have stated, launching the game with DirectX11 will help as a workaround until this issue can be resolved. Steps to do this can be found here.

Note: When using DirectX11, you may not have access to certain graphic features, and performance can impacted. So, if you usually, for example, run the game at a higher graphics preset for now, you may wish to pick a lower one.

Thank you.

7 Likes

If we apply the current work around, how will we know when the issues is fixed?

I tried the “leave it hang” response and after about 3 mins, the game came up.

The best fix atm is to wait for it load. After it loads for the first time, it’ll continue to load normally.

I can confirm that this worked for me. Loads in fine every time and FPS have increased to where it’s supposed to be under dx12.

2 Likes

To me this sounds like it’s having to rebuild a bag of shadow rendering - which is the same thing I run into all the time in CoDII also…

In amazement that Blizz sent this patch out the door, seemingly broken for thousands of AMD owners. (Mild amazement only, as this has happened before in the vast history of Blizzard).

Yes, after 4 minutes - I have a character selection screen. Kudos to those more patient than me that left it running to touch grass, and shared this for us. (Blizz didn’t!)

1 Like

Hopefully this will force blizzard to actually effect the long lingering DX 12 issues only effecting AMD cards. All of last season players with amd 7+ series cards have been complaining about random crashes in dungeons. Now DX 12 is literally broken and giving 60 fps whereas dx 11 is giving 140+ fps. Blizzard no more excuses, FIX DX 12 with AMD CARDS